Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195036 times)

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1335 on: October 25, 2016, 02:08:30 am »

I am surprised about price of prepared meals: 2000 -6000. Is it legal? You can product nothing but food and purchase easily entire caravans. Mb devide price by 10 for balance?

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 25, 2016, 10:05:45 am »

Food worth 2 - 6K?  What’s the deal, your cooks making vermin tallow biscuits?      :)

We haven’t made it to a million yet but are getting close:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Disclaimer:
We keep enough legendary roasts around to have everyone deliriously happy (or in this case, 'merely' exceptional) but the rest are hauled under a smashing bridge to help with FPS.  It’s kind of a shame to lose the gems on the pots, though, an empty pot can be worth 40K+ on its own.  Even so, by the time legendary cooks in a mature fortress are making six-figure roasts, even decent weapon smiths are making trap components worth hundreds of thousands each and from Textiles, a legendary clothier using even homegrown silk masterfully woven, dyed, studded and encrusted can produce a single shoe that’s worth 50K even after it’s worn out.  Meph would have to nerf back pretty much everything ... 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 05, 2016, 09:06:03 pm »

bronze?  How do I make it?

I see that I have a metallurgist mod on and it kills a lot of the bronze reactions...  Am I unable to make bronze armor any longer?  I used to specifically use bronze for armor.  It appears to even make a Metallurgist smelter, I need to have 2 iron cauldrons...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:08:07 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1338 on: November 05, 2016, 09:12:40 pm »

Bronze is copper+tin. Finishing forge or metallurgist.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 05, 2016, 10:00:04 pm »

More efficient bronze production is done at the crucible. Regular smelters are just for smelting ore in Masterwork, not making alloys. You'll probably need to make a metallurgist first, to make steel because it takes steel cauldrons to make a crucible.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 09, 2016, 01:30:05 pm »

Okay I was playing around trying to make a grand library... I built a scriptorium and got all the goods together to make books... my dwarves kept canceling saying I had no quires.... I made a ton of quires tried again... they drug some 20+ quires to the scriptorium for one book.  This does not appear to be the intended requirements.... so I was looking in the raws:

[REACTION:SCRIBE_BOOK_WARFARE_1]
[NAME:Write "Stick them with the pointy end"]
[BUILDING:SCRIPTORIUM:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:ink:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:INK][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:quire:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:ink pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:ink][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT][REAGENT:quire:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:thread:15000:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE][NOT_WEB]
[REAGENT:binding:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOK_BINDING:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOK_WARFARE_1:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:quire:NONE]
[SKILL:WRITING]

rearranged a little bit to make it easier to read... I don't see what in here that is causing it TSK 20+ quires.  although I do see it requiring 2 separate quires... could this be causing the issue in question?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 09, 2016, 08:28:33 pm »

Another oddity in the creature_civ_dwarf.txt file

YESGUILDHALL[CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STONECRAFTER:*Stonecrafter & Potter*:*Stonecrafters & Potter*]

not sure why?  I was guilding up for the first time and rearranging my group when I noticed the title pop up and was confused...  Pottery is not in the stack of skills for mason's guild.

I cleaned up the earlier problem with the quires by removing 1 of the quire requests and doubling the other.  Suddenly the multiple quires disappeared, still had to run them through the job manager, because setting the job at the workshop would have random books missing from job cancelations.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:03:04 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 10, 2016, 02:44:56 pm »

I think that's a holdover from a previous version of masterwork where stonecrafting and pottery were merged under the same skill, so that the old pottery skill could be renamed and used for something else.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1343 on: November 12, 2016, 02:17:31 pm »

I think that's a holdover from a previous version of masterwork where stonecrafting and pottery were merged under the same skill, so that the old pottery skill could be renamed and used for something else.
You are goddamn right!

Thanks for the reports, thats an easy thing to fix. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Farnite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »

after 1,5 years my military dwarfs suddenly start to kill each other. Mb bug with sparring?

I had this problem too, two games in a row actually.  Not sure exactly what happened but suddenly random dwarves would go 'berserk' and no longer show up as in my civ.  Happiness would be fine beforehand and everything... was really strange.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 21, 2016, 10:29:13 pm »

after 1,5 years my military dwarfs suddenly start to kill each other. Mb bug with sparring?

I had this problem too, two games in a row actually.  Not sure exactly what happened but suddenly random dwarves would go 'berserk' and no longer show up as in my civ.  Happiness would be fine beforehand and everything... was really strange.

Happened once to me... check your food.  Mossrova meat can cause hallucinations, berserk, etc.   There is another, but primarily Mossrova is horrendous to a base
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Farnite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 22, 2016, 07:02:01 am »

Happened once to me... check your food.  Mossrova meat can cause hallucinations, berserk, etc.   There is another, but primarily Mossrova is horrendous to a base

You are 100% right, I had some mossrova I'd butchered for some food.  DF continues to provide interesting -fun- that I rarely expect.  Back to work on my first magma pump stack, I'm sure that will result in -fun- too :)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 10, 2016, 04:53:03 pm »

How effective are broadhead/hammerhead bolts? Compared to the regular ones?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 10, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »

Depends on the target's armor and the material of the bolt, the different head types create different types of damage. Regular bolts are basically mini-spears and Broadhead bolts are like mini-swords, so those follow standard weapon metal statistics (iron, steel, candy, etc.); but hammerheads deal blunt damage, so the most economic metal for them is copper because it weighs more and will pulp a target more effectively.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 10, 2016, 09:25:21 pm »

I found a bug!
In 1.12 (but code didn't change in 1.13, right)?, dwarves have

[PERMITTED_REACTION:WOLFRAMITE_WOLFRAM],
but the reaction was renamed WOLFRAMITE_TUNGSTEN (maybe because wolfram was renamed tungsten)?

So it should be
YES_CRUCIBLE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WOLFRAMITE_TUNGSTEN] to allow dwarves to smelt tungsten.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92