Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195556 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2014, 09:55:42 pm »

Enable all the labours and see what hapens. That's what I do with new reactions to find out what skill they use.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2014, 04:01:27 am »

You also need three jugs for each reaction.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2014, 03:07:35 pm »

I got a question what is the chance of getting guardian of armok from the archaeology, just asking since I found about 5 in one fort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2014, 03:11:12 pm »

I got a question what is the chance of getting guardian of armok from the archaeology, just asking since I found about 5 in one fort.
1 in 10 for the "treasure" type. I just changed it to 1 in 33 in my dev version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2014, 04:02:45 pm »

1 in 10 for the "treasure" type. I just changed it to 1 in 33 in my dev version.
you mean.. your GITHUB dev version? right? right!?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2014, 04:08:17 pm »

Please?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »

Which pieces of armor and weapons provide the most return when you melt them?

If you set up a way to split them, ammo is by far the best weapon.
Something that wouldn't require splitting would be best. Is the DF wiki accurate for masterwork?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2014, 05:27:40 pm »

you mean.. your GITHUB dev version? right? right!?
You will either facepalm or laugh or both, but I did reboot the PC and finished installing git, which in turn told me to please update my .NET-Framework (lol, of all things, that?), which requires another reboot. So... that hasnt happened yet. Babysteps. :D (I actually do have a reason, I did order a new PC a week ago, but the order is delayed. Will get here somewhere next week I hope, and then I will have Win8.1.)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2014, 05:29:12 pm »

Something that wouldn't require splitting would be best. Is the DF wiki accurate for masterwork?

The vanilla part is definitely not going to be consistently accurate for Masterwork.  There are a huge number of changes, everywhere.  (Just one example: in vanilla, a steel battleaxe takes 1 steel bar; in Masterwork, for dwarves, it takes 3 steel bars.)

There is a separate Masterwork namespace on the wiki, but it's extremely incomplete.  And the wiki is currently not editable for some of us, so the number of people who can even attempt to correct it is severely diminished.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2014, 05:30:49 pm »

And the wiki is currently not editable for some of us, so the number of people who can even attempt to correct it is severely diminished.
What? Does Briess/Locriani need to unlock their accounts first?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2014, 08:21:18 pm »

And the wiki is currently not editable for some of us, so the number of people who can even attempt to correct it is severely diminished.
What? Does Briess/Locriani need to unlock their accounts first?

No, it's a problem that just started happening again recently.  Current thread, previous thread.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2014, 05:45:01 am »

Comments on v5.07 (Dwarf Mode):

• I feel that steeloak and ironbark is a bit to easy to get. The dwarven civilization seems to have it all the time. Maybe add it to the human civilization instead? Overground farming does not really feels like something dwarfs usually do.
  • I very much like the availability of the different furnaces (crucible/greatforge/etc). Feels just about right.
  • The stone anvil seems superfluous, since you can form anvils at the smeltery
  • I see the reasons why slag is not stockpiled. But this sadly prevents me from using minecarts to haul it too the slag pits.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2014, 05:48:33 am »

Comments on v5.07 (Dwarf Mode):

• I feel that steeloak and ironbark is a bit to easy to get. The dwarven civilization seems to have it all the time. Maybe add it to the human civilization instead? Overground farming does not really feels like something dwarfs usually do.
  • I very much like the availability of the different furnaces (crucible/greatforge/etc). Feels just about right.
  • The stone anvil seems superfluous, since you can form anvils at the smeltery
  • I see the reasons why slag is not stockpiled. But this sadly prevents me from using minecarts to haul it too the slag pits.

1. Steeloak and Ironbark are easy to get, but take 1 year to grow, and you need to research the Herbalist Lab to make iron/steel from it. But maybe I change it a bit once I have the humans for this. Even if wood farming should probably be more elvish.
2. Good to hear.
3. Its flavor. Just like the gem anvil. But yeah, maybe restrict it to metal anvils only. I will consider it.
4. Not much I can do about that.  :-\

psznm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »

Hi, I've got problem with my job manager, every time I write or delete anything it freezes for like 0.3 seconds. It isn't too much but when you got 20 character string and need to delete it, it gets really tedious watching it stutter for 5-10 seconds. I have read it is caused by too many reactions in MDF, so I tried deleting reactions I don't need, like kobold reactions, but when I loaded my save I got errors and game crashed. Is there any other way to fix that problem or to delete those reactions properly?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2014, 02:37:01 pm »

You'd probably have to gen a new world after removing the unwanted reactions from other races; however, I'm not 100% sure it would even have an effect since I would expect the manager to show only reactions available to your current civ (as sourced from all your workshops). Indeed, when I use my manager, I don't have any results when searching for "tribal" (which exists only as some orc-related reactions).
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 92