Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 193457 times)

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #315 on: June 22, 2014, 02:41:40 pm »

Hello. I downloaded the most recent version of Masterwork and I have a small and weird problem, my dwarves gather at
nonexistant meeting zones, as in, the zones have been removed but my dwarves are still deciding to gather there.

psznm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 22, 2014, 02:59:04 pm »

You'd probably have to gen a new world after removing the unwanted reactions from other races; however, I'm not 100% sure it would even have an effect since I would expect the manager to show only reactions available to your current civ (as sourced from all your workshops). Indeed, when I use my manager, I don't have any results when searching for "tribal" (which exists only as some orc-related reactions).
Oh, I haven't realized it would make errors if I deleted reactions from save file instead of DF raws and then creating new world. So I deleted those reactions and created new world and it actually works! It still isn't like vanilla but it isn't so bad to bother anyone anymore.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: v5.07: No "Embark Everywhere"?
« Reply #317 on: June 22, 2014, 03:33:25 pm »

Great update, Meph - keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:52:08 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 22, 2014, 03:51:55 pm »

Hello. I downloaded the most recent version of Masterwork and I have a small and weird problem, my dwarves gather at
nonexistant meeting zones, as in, the zones have been removed but my dwarves are still deciding to gather there.

One of the things idle dwarves sometimes do is hang around the last place they did a job, or were stationed as a squad.  If you ever had a party in that meeting zone, that would qualify as a job.

I'm not sure if they also hang around former meeting sites when there are no current meeting sites.  In any case, making a new meeting site is the best solution.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 22, 2014, 04:00:50 pm »

One of the things idle dwarves sometimes do is hang around the last place they did a job, or were stationed as a squad.  If you ever had a party in that meeting zone, that would qualify as a job.

I'm not sure if they also hang around former meeting sites when there are no current meeting sites.  In any case, making a new meeting site is the best solution.

Nope, no parties, this happened before my first migrant wave even. I have never had this problem in vanilla DF.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 22, 2014, 04:11:44 pm »

Is the meeting zone your first one above ground and have you dismantled your wagon? The wagon can still act as a meeting zone if you haven't.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: v5.07: No "Embark Everywhere"?
« Reply #321 on: June 22, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »

Downloaded the latest version and realized that the "Embark Everywhere" option was missing from the utility list in the GUI.  I don't have a problem just booting it up from my other version saves, but for people who don't regularly use Masterwork, that might be a problem.  As soon as the GUI includes this, I'll be porting my Dwarfopoly forum game up to the newest version, but until then we'll probably just be using the v4g that the game was created in.

Was there a specific reason to get rid of this utility, or am I just not seeing something obvious?

Great update, Meph - keep up the good work.
It's a DFHack script now, You can get it with Alt-E  at the embark screen. Or Alt-N for Nano Fortress
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:36:52 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 22, 2014, 05:15:06 pm »

Is the meeting zone your first one above ground and have you dismantled your wagon? The wagon can still act as a meeting zone if you haven't.

The meeting zone was around my Trade Depot (I just needed to get every dwarf inside fast, evil biome you know...) but dwarves still chose to hang around it even when I had set up a statue garden and removed the meeting zone around the depot.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 22, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »

Does this persist even after you've saved, quit completely (closed the program entirely) and reloaded? Sometimes the game doesn't clear things properly - most frequently seen with squad orders/military drafting but might to meeting zone designations.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2014, 06:41:45 pm »

Got two questions:

I got a possessed dwarf muttering "equalact    ---" what is this? -Nevermind it was the name of the artifact thought it was something he required

Second one is from this thread : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139589.0

How, what, and where raws I copy/save and to what raws to save over if this indeed does work?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:50:09 pm by Shizmoo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2014, 09:51:09 pm »

Open GUI. Click on "Harder Farming" button to disable it. Done. Gen a new world.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 23, 2014, 02:48:44 am »

Does this persist even after you've saved, quit completely (closed the program entirely) and reloaded? Sometimes the game doesn't clear things properly - most frequently seen with squad orders/military drafting but might to meeting zone designations.

Kinda useless now since I have lost the fort already to undead but I have no idea, didn't have enough time to try.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 23, 2014, 03:47:24 am »

Had you made a new meeting zone/table designated to be a Meeting Hall after getting rid of the zone?

Because if the dwarves don't have anywhere designated to loiter around like that I believe they default to the location of whatever the last one was.

I don't know if a Statue Garden alone would work the same.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 23, 2014, 06:13:06 am »

I am getting a consistent crash during a goblin siege.  Here's the errorlog. Any suggestions on how to prevent it? Thanks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #329 on: June 23, 2014, 06:20:00 am »

I am getting a consistent crash during a goblin siege.  Here's the errorlog. Any suggestions on how to prevent it? Thanks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Type in DiggingInvaders Disable into dfhack
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 92