Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195039 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2014, 11:28:27 pm »

Open GUI. Click on "Harder Farming" button to disable it. Done. Gen a new world.

I do that, but every time I re open masterwork its on by default. Now harder smithing is always on. How do I make these off by default like the others?

Even when I gen a world with harder farming off, it still takes 4 season for plumps to grow
I tested it just now. The settings toggle fine. It goes from 4032 growdur (harder farming) to this: [GROWDUR:600] when you turn it off. Did you change something on your plant files?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2014, 12:26:19 am »

Open GUI. Click on "Harder Farming" button to disable it. Done. Gen a new world.

I do that, but every time I re open masterwork its on by default. Now harder smithing is always on. How do I make these off by default like the others?

Even when I gen a world with harder farming off, it still takes 4 season for plumps to grow
I tested it just now. The settings toggle fine. It goes from 4032 growdur (harder farming) to this: [GROWDUR:600] when you turn it off. Did you change something on your plant files?

I did a clean install three times not touching anything other then disabling stuff on the GUI and same problem occurs.

So I just did one more clean install after reading your post. I checked the plant_standard beforehand and like you said its 4032 by default. I closed it and ran masterwork. Unchecked harder farming and like you said it changed it to 600. So I exited masterwork and re-opened and it works correctly staying off and plumps are at 600.

Now when I make these changes:

Cave-ins - off
Tileset - Ironhand + "yes" to prompts
Auto-save - Never
Window - yes
Graphics cap - 60 fps

I exit masterwork. When I re-open the GUI it has harder farming and harder smithing checked. I checked the plant_standard it says 4032. I uncheck harder farming and reopen plant_standard and it still is on 4032 instead of 600. It didn't toggle it.

Maybe one of the settings I change screw with something maybe the tileset and the prompts. Ill try to see if thats the case by changing one setting at a time. Btw do I need any other software like microsoft .net 3.5 etc maybe? I believe the graphics driver I install from nvidia installs .net 4.

Edit - Ya its when I change the tileset to Ironhand and asks if it wants to change raws etc.. That is causing harder farming to stay on. Gonna install the other .net framework since its needed for a standalone PeridexisErrant.

Instal .net 3.5 and still doesn't work. Tried using phoebus which has no problems with harder farming, but it has harder smithing always on lol. Gonna test making plant_standard read only with normal farming then switching to ironhand tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:12:41 am by Shizmoo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #347 on: June 25, 2014, 01:22:48 am »

Its indeed the separate tilesets. Splinterz said that the GUI changes all files in all sets...  could you please post this in the GUI thread, because thats a bug he might want to look at.

The plants are actually the last files that are in multiple sets, all the rest I merged. Plants are a lot of work though, but if they are still a source of issues like that, I might sit down 1-2 days and merge them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2014, 02:30:44 am »

Fire mages seem to kill themselves.

They are fire immune, but then the various blood splatters they have on them "burst into a cloud of boiling blood" and they die.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2014, 02:43:50 am »

Creature materials are sadly creature wide. I cant make firemages immune to fire without making all dwarves immune to fire. -.-

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2014, 03:05:53 am »

Can't you just have a separate set of materials that only that caste uses? Just because a material is defined creature wide doesn't mean each caste has to use it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2014, 03:16:47 am »

No.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2014, 04:05:19 am »

Its indeed the separate tilesets. Splinterz said that the GUI changes all files in all sets...  could you please post this in the GUI thread, because thats a bug he might want to look at.

The plants are actually the last files that are in multiple sets, all the rest I merged. Plants are a lot of work though, but if they are still a source of issues like that, I might sit down 1-2 days and merge them.
this issue was unique to the ironhand tileset. it's happening because the plant_standard file in the graphics pack has both the harder farming 'on' and 'off' GROWDUR in the file, so the GUI determined incorrectly that harder farming was already 'off' when it really wasn't.

the exe has been patched with a fix (right click, save as), but you can fix it yourself by checking the plant_standard file in the ironhand graphics raws and ensure all the GROWDUR tags have the same value to start with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2014, 04:42:06 am »

Thanks splinterz. And wow, such a silly error... and here I was, hoping that the reduced amount of raws would stop this... but no, it had to be plants. I hate plants.  >:(

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2014, 05:20:10 am »

Thanks splinterz. And wow, such a silly error... and here I was, hoping that the reduced amount of raws would stop this... but no, it had to be plants. I hate plants.  >:(

DF2014 is going to make you nuts then.  :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2014, 05:21:46 am »

Not really. At least I hope so. If all the plants are new, I can throw the old ones away, and start from scratch. Its probably easier work than porting and fixing the old ones.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2014, 01:42:53 pm »

this issue was unique to the ironhand tileset. it's happening because the plant_standard file in the graphics pack has both the harder farming 'on' and 'off' GROWDUR in the file, so the GUI determined incorrectly that harder farming was already 'off' when it really wasn't.

the exe has been patched with a fix (right click, save as), but you can fix it yourself by checking the plant_standard file in the ironhand graphics raws and ensure all the GROWDUR tags have the same value to start with.

I downloaded the masterwork.exe but when I run it this happens. Something about root element missing in user.config from AppData\local\...

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »

can you post the entire contents of the details section in the exception?

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2014, 02:35:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #359 on: June 25, 2014, 03:24:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
it looks like the user.config specified may be corrupt. try deleting (or moving) the file, and if that doesn't work paste the user.config for me to take a look at.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 92