Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195520 times)

Kartag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #870 on: September 15, 2014, 07:48:40 am »

So if I have a dwarf that's stuck as a Trebuchet operator, is there anything I can do to force him to change back or should I just write him off? It's been 4 months now when I originally did the reaction for 2.
If I recall properly, there was a workaround involving DFHack in "Known Bugs" manual section.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 15, 2014, 08:26:08 am »

Idk if it's mod-related, but I haven't got any migrants for 4 years now. Trowing away another fortress (last one, I guess I'll retry the next year or so)
Had the "no migrants" announcement one year and then zero others. With 14 dwarves and:

- no caravans killed
- enough wealth created
- always traded and left the merchants happy

Idk what to think.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 15, 2014, 12:39:04 pm »

Civ dead? (Create a copy and abandon, or use an autosave if you have those enabled, and check through legends for your civ's population.)

Is your site accessible to your civ (not completely surrounded by mountains or seas/oceans)?

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 15, 2014, 12:43:35 pm »

Thx niveral, will check legends but It wasn't dead after creation.
Site accessible to all civs, I had only the fist two waves then nothing. I also checked the possible bugs relative to immigration but there was none.
Will edit here after I've checked legends.

PS: oh and I also have low fps (50-70), but Idk if It's a symptom of something or not (on the map I only have a brook)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:49:27 pm by Gatallorsith »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 15, 2014, 12:52:31 pm »

It's not really mod related.  I think you can also check by go to your "c"ivilizations menu inside fortress mode, click on your own civ and if it says "this land has no important leaders" then you will probably never get more migrants.  Depending on your preferences it can be fun to play out if you have critical mass to have some growing families, especially in Masterwork kids grow up faster, but 14 dwarves is pretty small population of course so maybe it's not fun for you.  If find in legends that your world happens to have another civ of the same race that isn't dead, you might be able to abandon and reclaim.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 15, 2014, 01:39:29 pm »

(I'm with dwarves)

SO:

- civ figures\leaders still there
- In the legend viewer, I read:

Populations

16331 Dwarves
10 Dwarf Outcasts
5 Mountain Tuskox Outcasts
1 Wagon Outcasts

I really don't know what to think :(
edit: anyway..deleted all.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:17:18 pm by Gatallorsith »

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 15, 2014, 02:32:58 pm »

Make sure you don't have the population cap set super low or anything.  If it was set to 0 you get the first two waves then nothing.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 18, 2014, 09:17:26 am »

PS: oh and I also have low fps (50-70), but Idk if It's a symptom of something or not (on the map I only have a brook)

Low?? I'm lucky if I get that initially a couple of years in I'm 10 fps at most
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #878 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:53 am »

In my last fort, human mode, 4 years, ocean 3x3 embark, I had stable 150 FPS. Didnt breach the caverns though, as humans are usually aboveground only. Are you doing a lot with liquids, or is your CPU a bit older?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 18, 2014, 11:42:18 am »

I have to say that even on my older computer, it wouldn't dip bellow 100FPS until I get a fairly high population (80+).

The only things that can really impact FPS are:
* Really high amount of items (the game tracks every item, so it takes its toll after a while).
* High number of people and creatures, because of path finding.
* Lots of moving liquids (waterfalls, among other things, and apparently waves).
* Temperature flickering with moving magma. Can be solved by temporarily switching off temperatures in the launcher (a lot of reactions won't work as a result of it though)
* Contaminents (blood and other stuff), because it tends to multiply as people walk on it and spread it. Can be solved with the "clean all" dfhack command.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 18, 2014, 07:18:30 pm »

In my last fort, human mode, 4 years, ocean 3x3 embark, I had stable 150 FPS. Didnt breach the caverns though, as humans are usually aboveground only. Are you doing a lot with liquids, or is your CPU a bit older?

cheapy laptop I got when I lost my better one, I'm surprised at some of the things it can handle. It probably shouldn't be able to handle some of the things I've got it to do *lol* I'm looking forward to trying MWDF on the new computer when I get it
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 21, 2014, 03:45:56 pm »

Does anyone know what the "analog" for turkeys would be in dwarf mode, when you have the additional animals enabled? Eg, I don't have any "pedestrian" animals like turkeys or chickens, but beetles and such.

I've got harder farming off. Any suggestions on what egg layers would be good to keep around?
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #882 on: September 21, 2014, 04:10:41 pm »

See the manual.

The dwarven bird is the bearded cavernkeet. Otherwise reptiles can be used for egg production, like frill lizards or the mentioned cave beetles.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 22, 2014, 06:43:52 am »

See the manual.

The dwarven bird is the bearded cavernkeet. Otherwise reptiles can be used for egg production, like frill lizards or the mentioned cave beetles.

Not the best alternatives as they lack the majestic beards of the cavernkeets. But if youre desperate...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #884 on: September 22, 2014, 03:57:23 pm »

Beetles give chitin, and frill lizards hunt vermin.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 92