Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 193490 times)

slom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 03:17:06 am »

Few more newbie questions for today.
1. Is it worth to sacrifice food and booze to armok? I have large stacks of both made by legendary cook and legendary brewer. What are the bonuses from rewards? I suspect special foods and drinks like armok's wine, armok's cookies or smth. Does it have any special properties? (the wiki mentions "meat" instead of food, so I feel like this info is a bit outdated)
2. Souls. How to get any? I have few souls, but 0 idea where they came from. Prob, through butchering animals? But in this case, not every animal posses a soul. Which ones do?
3. Looks like weight bench doesn't train endurace and toughness. Which attriutes does it affect except strength and agility?
4. Archeology.
 4.1 Any comfy way to track archeologist's discoveries? Atm I just place mouse cursor over the workshop when I see an announcement, so dfhack shows me all items in a chosen tile. Not really reliable method.
 4.2 What are exact bonuses from those "superior" and "legendary" titles? Is rusty legendary iron sword>steel sword of same quality?
5. How to place magma for Volcanic Oracle of Armok? "below one of the 8 boundary tiles" Boundary, relative to what? Workshop has 52 boundary tiles. Tried a few variants, doesnt work. May I ask for a picture/screenshot of how it should be done?
6. Don't you think, that sacrificing blood and praying in the shrines is too OP? If I buy metals from caravans, manufacture different stuff and sell it, I get about 150-200% AVERAGE profit. If I buy blood, sacrifice it for 10% chance of reward and sell it, I get 300-400% profit MINIMUM. But I feel like chance of receiving a reward for blood is higher than 10%. Btw, does a praying skill affects this chance?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:24:53 am by slom »
I am not a native english speaker. Sorry for mistakes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 03:56:04 am »

Few more newbie questions for today.
1. Is it worth to sacrifice food and booze to armok? I have large stacks of both made by legendary cook and legendary brewer. What are the bonuses from rewards? I suspect special foods and drinks like armok's wine, armok's cookies or smth. Does it have any special properties? (the wiki mentions "meat" instead of food, so I feel like this info is a bit outdated)
2. Souls. How to get any? I have few souls, but 0 idea where they came from. Prob, through butchering animals? But in this case, not every animal posses a soul. Which ones do?
3. Looks like weight bench doesn't train endurace and toughness. Which attriutes does it affect except strength and agility?
4. Archeology.
 4.1 Any comfy way to track archeologist's discoveries? Atm I just place mouse cursor over the workshop when I see an announcement, so dfhack shows me all items in a chosen tile. Not really reliable method.
 4.2 What are exact bonuses from those "superior" and "legendary" titles? Is rusty legendary iron sword>steel sword of same quality?
5. How to place magma for Volcanic Oracle of Armok? "below one of the 8 boundary tiles" Boundary, relative to what? Workshop has 52 boundary tiles. Tried a few variants, doesnt work. May I ask for a picture/screenshot of how it should be done?
6. Don't you think, that sacrificing blood and praying in the shrines is too OP? If I buy metals from caravans, manufacture different stuff and sell it, I get about 150-200% AVERAGE profit. If I buy blood, sacrifice it for 10% chance of reward and sell it, I get 300-400% profit MINIMUM. But I feel like chance of receiving a reward for blood is higher than 10%. Btw, does a praying skill affects this chance?
1. It is meat, but any prepared meal that includes meat is also accepted. The boni can be large, for example a drink that fully heals the person that drinks it, even regenerating lost limbs.
2. All butchered animals give souls. But they wither away after 2-4 weeks, you have to use them up quickly.
3. Really? Like not even looking at the manual?
A simple workshop that trains attributes. A dwarf can run the training reactions on repeat to raise strength, agility, toughness, spatial sense, kinetic sense and willpower
4. Nope, thats it. Look at the workshop. The superior and legendary have better combat stats. But a steel sword would still be better. They are the same items you make in the weaponry yourself.
5. The 8 tiles around the work-tile, which is close to the center of the workshop. just dig a single channel to magma and place it pretty much in the center of it.
6. Blood is a liquid, liquids are stacks. if you sacrifice 5 units of blood, the chance for reward is multiplicated by 5. And yes, you get more profit, but you also need more worksteps, the fitting buildings and the knowledge to do so. Praying skill only affects the speed, not the outcome. But if items with possible quality are created, the praying skill affects their quality.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Erivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 06:03:40 am »

i would like to correct meph on point 2: plump helmet men do not give souls when butchered.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 06:06:17 am »

i would like to correct meph on point 2: plump helmet men do not give souls when butchered.
All animals, large enough to leave butchery products, with brains give souls. (to correct myself ;) )
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 08:06:10 am »

I would gladly accept some help here.

I have problems with fish stockpiles. My current fort has 5 fish farms and one fish cleaner (maybe I need more, but that's not the problem), and I have plenty o'fish, but any of my stockpiles seem to receive any fish, either raw or clean. I set multiple options: only links, accept from everywhere, raw fish, prepared fish, both, etc., etc. I have checked my burrows and there should not be any problem.

My fish stocks are rather big now, but I can't distribute them!

Apart from that, everything is FUN for the moment. :)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 08:17:12 am »

have you tried giving stockpile to stockpile? (q) over the large stockpile -> (g) give -> (enter) over the receiving stockpile
or (q) over the receiving stockpile -> (t) take -> (enter) over the large stockpile
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 08:40:19 am »

The thing is that all the fish is 'stuck' in the fishery building, so I can't take it to any stockpile and thus I can't try anything like that, even if I understood what you said.  :o

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 08:49:45 am »

i usually have an overstock stockpile then have it give to smaller stockpiles elsewhere.  that was my way of trying to show you how to link stockpiles but here's the wiki for that :p
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Stockpile#Take_from_a_stockpile

but that sounds odd, i haven't used the fish farms for awhile.  have you tried deconstructing it? caution as enough stuff can cause an explosion i believe
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 08:56:53 am »

Yes, I use a centralized system myself for stocks. I did not try deconstructing yet... what's that of an explosion? Fishplosion, anyone? Oo?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 10:47:11 am »

After processing the fish it should be handled like any other fish in the game, traded or caught. It must be some order setting or stockpile setting specific to your fort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 05:13:28 pm »

I can build flamethrowers (in an older version of Masterwork) but I don't know what ammo type to equip. Can someone enlighten me?

Also, do Firecannons use normal cannon balls?

Net launchers are a bit of a mystery too. I assume they use silk as ammo canonically, but what do they need equipped practically?
They dont need ammo. They add interactions to the wielder, so a flamethrower never runs out. But the AI was using the abilities not often enough, which is the reason I removed them again.

The firecannon fires normal cannonballs as well, using normal ammo, but they also shoot fireballs, unlimited.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 06:11:04 pm »

Whoops, sorry, I wasn't aware of the individual threads for races...

Anyway, what about putting both a firecannon and a flamethrower on a dwarf, and then giving him the sorcerer ability that gives him fire magic (I forget which, one of the various temple abilities)? Would the abilities stack leading to more flame use?

I'm trying to make some very nasty sentries that stand behind fortifications on either side of my base entrance and burn everything to a crisp. So the more fire going everywhere, the better.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 06:13:22 pm »

Yes, they would stack.

Try hellfire turrets. They have the same attack that dragons do. and are cheaper than mages.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 04:03:46 pm »

Yes, they would stack.

Try hellfire turrets. They have the same attack that dragons do. and are cheaper than mages.

I suppose I could buy some turrets... I've yet to find a single toolkit to buy so I can't build my own...

How do net launchers work, by the way? An infinite ammo interaction that paralyses or slows enemies from a distance? Anything that slows down enemies would help here since I'm trying to trap them inside a long winding corridor that is absolutely bristling with ballistae.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 04:41:39 pm »

toolkit? Are you still playing V2 or V3 ? Thats years old...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 92