Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 193484 times)

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 12:16:29 am »

toolkit - it might still be listed as needed in the manual, but im too lazy to go check  :P

Bug report of my own (i think). Ironhand tileset. v5.01. Researcher study. I told my dwarf to research StoneForging, and he turned out Machine Factory instead (or at least thats what the report screen says). Upon completion, 5 pages of reports of job cancel spam, for EVERYTHING that can be researched.

Also, the final item is listed as (researcher supplies) Rare Mortar, instead of what workshop it goes to.

edit #2: i did the reaction again, and when the 1st part was completed, the auto job pulled up EVERYTHING as a possible job.
edit #3: with ANY of the weird research items, i can build ANY research only building. And i dont even need the research only buildings, i can use large wooden pots, or a pile of sawdust.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:30:55 am by Tenderroast »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 12:48:38 am »

Tenderroast: This means that the necessary tool subtype does not exist in the raws anymore, so it accepts any tool as reagent/buildmat, and it means that it produces a random tool that is defined in your entity file as product.

Seems that when I cleaned up the items, (with tools being the only file I didnt finish, because it had 1300 or so entries) that I messed up the research tools. I will fix it for the next update. Thanks for the report.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 12:58:51 am »

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_ROCKFORGE_STEP_ONE] //80% chance
[NAME:Conduct research in the field of Stoneforging (I)]
[BUILDING:BEASTLAB2:CUSTOM_NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:B:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:C:1:ANVIL:NONE:NONE:NONE][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:90:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_ONE:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[SKILL:PRESSING]

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_ROCKFORGE_STEP_TWO] //64% chance
[NAME:Continue rockforge research (II)]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_ONE:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:90:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_TWO:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[SKILL:PRESSING][AUTOMATIC]

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_ROCKFORGE_STEP_THREE] 51.2% chance
[NAME:Finish rockforge research (III)]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_TWO:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_DISCOVERY:INORGANIC:PAPER_DISCOVERY]  => uses different mat for easier ID
[PRODUCT:0:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANNOUNCEMENT_ROCKFORGE_DISCOVERY] => creates an ingame announcement
[SKILL:PRESSING][AUTOMATIC]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_ONE]
[NAME:report:reports][VALUE:1][TILE:235][SIZE:1][MATERIAL_SIZE:1][UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_TWO]
[NAME:report:reports][VALUE:1][TILE:235][SIZE:1][MATERIAL_SIZE:1][UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_ROCKFORGE_DISCOVERY]
[NAME:science discovery(rockforge):science discovery(rockforge)][VALUE:25][TILE:235][SIZE:1][MATERIAL_SIZE:1][UNIMPROVABLE] 

The Raws are fine. The reactions look good, and the tools are still there. Machine factory research looks the same. The behaviour you describe fits perfectly to missing/wrong id in the product/reagent of tools, but I just dont see it. It looks fine.  ???

Tenderroast, could you either look up the tools in your raws, or send me the save? Because I cant see the error. Usually I find the source of bugs quickly once they are reported, but this one I do not.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:03:35 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 01:44:39 am »

just made an account at DFFD to upload the save to, waiting on the verification email to activate the account. I will pm you the link when it is ready

nevermind on the save upload. I just checked item_tool... its kind of emptyish. a quick look at the file size... 5kb

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:51:53 am by Tenderroast »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 01:51:35 am »

In the meantime I embarked, made a researcher and successfully researched Stoneforging, without any issues.  ??? I cant replicate the bug.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 01:54:58 am »

I re-downloaded the original file. Somehow my 1st download got borked.  ??? 1st time that has happened to me...

edit: checked the .7z file, and the raws are fine, it must have just not extracted properly.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:56:35 am by Tenderroast »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 02:04:04 am »

Mystery solved. :)

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 05:31:31 am »

toolkit? Are you still playing V2 or V3 ? Thats years old...

I think I must be. I took a long break from playing. Didn't think it was quite that long, but maybe it was. I can't update without losing all the work I put in on my fortress, so...

Oh, and I have a question about farming. I read on the main DF wiki that you're supposed to need to irrigate your soil each year. I've gone for several years without needing to do any such thing. But now one of my farm plots magically deconstructed itself and the clay under it is dry. Any idea what the rules about drying out are?

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2014, 07:32:37 am »

Hey, just downloaded the latest and fired up gnomes for a try; got that duplicate raw bug, where you get bizarre stone types (embarked on a whole mountain of 'paralysing').

Has never happened to me before but I remember seeing people talk about it on the forums. Will try re-downloading.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2014, 08:36:05 am »

I too gave in and downloaded version 5.01

But the manual is worrying me. Seems to say there is currently no artificier building.

Surely you haven't robbed me of my lovely power armour suits?

Can I get them in some way?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2014, 10:58:42 am »

Hey, just downloaded the latest and fired up gnomes for a try; got that duplicate raw bug, where you get bizarre stone types (embarked on a whole mountain of 'paralysing').

Has never happened to me before but I remember seeing people talk about it on the forums. Will try re-downloading.
in 5.0.1? argh, sounds like that bug is still there then. if you remember what options/profiles/tilesets you changed that would be very helpful to reproduce the problem.

kazzum

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me, I Regret many things, but not this
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 11:40:14 am »

I had this issue as well what I seem to have found it was is that if you don't launch the game before changing tile-sets it screws the raws up, after re downloading and running the game before changing any settings and closing it then changing the tile sets made it work just fine

and now I have a question I cant seem to understand, is the boneyard available for dwarves still or has that changed because I cant find it nor can I seem to find anyway to craft ironbone or bloodsteel anymore as dwarves I tried searching the changelogs but could find anything, Ill continue searching and try to post an update if I can

(( as a side not I have no idea why my profile says I am an escaped lunatic I don't get it..perhaps it is better that way ))

and now a less important question is there anyway to forge single handed weapons the way we can forge larger weapons like the zweihander because I do very much like the idea of customizing the weapons in that way.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:29:33 pm by kazzum »
I tried to make my own mod once. Then I took a raw to the knee.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 12:00:29 pm »

I was wondering before the newest update you could make a wooden great axe in the carpenter workshop but now you can't make one. I was just wondering did you get rid of them for being op since I could make an above average army that could stand up to basic goblin ambushes. So did you get rid of them or is my game bugged?

slom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 12:53:57 pm »

My damn RED DRAGON is missing. How the hell can someone steal a freaking dragon?
What might be the reason?
I am not a native english speaker. Sorry for mistakes.

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 01:30:34 pm »

I somewhere read that agility is the most important skill for dwarfs in combat but what i saw it is hard to train but strengh is going up pretty good during sparring and weapon skill is also ok. So i wonder if it is a good idea to prefer westler dwarfs for my melee squads?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:33:30 pm by LordNippes »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 92