Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195714 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #975 on: October 26, 2014, 06:17:03 pm »

Well the only thing I can say is that the golemforge is a magma workshop, so you have to discover a source of magma before you can build one
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 26, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »

>> 1) If you get a legendary weapon at the Weaponry you get BOTH a superior one and a legendary one at the same time (guess this one is known).

I don't know how you would avoid this, without perhaps some kind of advanced DFHack shenanigans.  There's no exclusive-OR feature in the native raw interpreter.

>> 2) Still no exp boost from strange moods.

I really don't think this is moddable, at all.  Are you sure you're having the types of moods that give XP?

>> 4) I've managed to replicate my old issue with poisons - they simply vanish. It was OK for some time (i was using them to a great effect), but after a siege (it was raining also btw) they simply vanished.

Huh -- I would have thought that's working as intended (not in the case of runes perhaps). I usually use poisons on ammo so i guess i'm used to thinking of them as disposable.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 26, 2014, 07:46:24 pm »

>> 1) If you get a legendary weapon at the Weaponry you get BOTH a superior one and a legendary one at the same time (guess this one is known).

I don't know how you would avoid this, without perhaps some kind of advanced DFHack shenanigans.  There's no exclusive-OR feature in the native raw interpreter.

Here is how I believe this should be fixed, it is possible with auto-syndrome to create something called a probability table which is used to execute console commands with an OR based perspective. There is a dwarfhack command to spawn items (I forgot what it is). Use the probability table to execute the spawn item commands and that will prevent the legendary and superior item at the same time bug.

Anything that I need to elaborate on?
Any questions?

here is a relevant link http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134774.0
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #978 on: October 26, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »

Yes, thats possible. ProbabilitySyndrome to give either interaction that trigger a script that creates the weapon. But lots of work ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 26, 2014, 08:22:52 pm »

why an interaction rather than just executing the commands with auto syndrome directly?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #980 on: October 26, 2014, 08:26:02 pm »

True. (Its late, sorry)

Only issue is the material. The reaction uses GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REACTION, which I cant add to the script without rewriting it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 26, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »

that is a major roadblock, you're right. oh well, we almost had something.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 26, 2014, 08:53:27 pm »

Do blunt (hammer, mace, knuckleduster) legendaries still use the ultimate attack 90%+ of the time because of preference of edge over blunt?  if so that's an easier fix :)

Vidox Darkling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 27, 2014, 01:39:31 am »

It's been a while since the last update, and it's left me wondering (since I don't know where to go for Masterwork DF news), are you planning on making Masterwork compatible with the new release or are you just going to keep it on the release it is currently?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 27, 2014, 02:05:45 am »

It will update. Maybe not soon, but it will.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #985 on: October 27, 2014, 05:02:57 am »

It's been a while since the last update, and it's left me wondering (since I don't know where to go for Masterwork DF news), are you planning on making Masterwork compatible with the new release or are you just going to keep it on the release it is currently?
Toady is still doing bugfixes. The latest release was a bit different, but he said that he is going back to fixes again. Other than that, yes, MDF will update sooner or later, although there does not seem to be that many requests about it ;)

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 27, 2014, 05:31:47 am »

>> 2) Still no exp boost from strange moods.

I really don't think this is moddable, at all.  Are you sure you're having the types of moods that give XP?

Fey mood, withdraws from society, has been posessed. Those are the ones i had. Everything but "has been posessed" should give XP.
>> 4) I've managed to replicate my old issue with poisons - they simply vanish. It was OK for some time (i was using them to a great effect), but after a siege (it was raining also btw) they simply vanished.

Huh -- I would have thought that's working as intended (not in the case of runes perhaps). I usually use poisons on ammo so i guess i'm used to thinking of them as disposable.

Well, Meph stated that they are supposed to be permanent. I've encountered that in the past, but IIRC we blamed that on DFhack update (was using a modified version)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:11 am »

Could be the wrong guild. I remember getting moods for a skill I hadn't put the guild for and it nerfed the xp gain to only a few levels instead of going legendary.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #988 on: October 27, 2014, 09:27:00 am »

Could be the wrong guild. I remember getting moods for a skill I hadn't put the guild for and it nerfed the xp gain to only a few levels instead of going legendary.
Only some moods give XP, and with harder learning it might not go till legendary.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 27, 2014, 11:47:03 am »

Toady is still doing bugfixes. The latest release was a bit different, but he said that he is going back to fixes again. Other than that, yes, MDF will update sooner or later, although there does not seem to be that many requests about it ;)

Well, I want it as well, I just don't want to seem like a nag...
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 92