Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195758 times)

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1245 on: August 21, 2015, 02:18:31 pm »

i think it makes sense,prayer/sacrifice has been used to "pacify the gods in many religions...
But is it even possible to pacify Armok?
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 22, 2015, 12:25:21 pm »

Interpretations of Armok seem to be pretty varied. Personally I've always seen him as a being similar to Moradin from D&D's patheon with some hints of Thor's rackousness spirit and comrade-ry towards the common dorf. The kind of god that would be willing to sit down and have a pint with you. :x

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1247 on: August 23, 2015, 12:59:26 am »

Interpretations of Armok seem to be pretty varied. Personally I've always seen him as a being similar to Moradin from D&D's patheon with some hints of Thor's rackousness spirit and comrade-ry towards the common dorf. The kind of god that would be willing to sit down and have a pint with you. :x
I think the official consensus is that the player himself is Armok, since we generate worlds, control the lifes of the dwarves, are cruel, never satisfied, and throw everything away to generate a new world sooner or later. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 28, 2015, 10:56:38 am »

If I disable caravans in the GUI, can I still call them through the embassy (or whichever building it was that does it)? I'm planning to finally try out some mega projects when I'm back home, so I'm looking into every possible way of saving FPS (so 34.11).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1249 on: August 28, 2015, 11:48:39 am »

No, and how would that help your FPS?  ??? If you want less dwarves, just set a population cap.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 28, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »

I do set a pop cap. What I meant is that when caravans visit, my FPS tends to go down, especially later in the game. I was hoping I could call them over only when necessary. Oh well, too bad. Thanks for the answer.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1251 on: August 28, 2015, 12:40:19 pm »

I do set a pop cap. What I meant is that when caravans visit, my FPS tends to go down, especially later in the game. I was hoping I could call them over only when necessary. Oh well, too bad. Thanks for the answer.
Deconstruct your trade depot = no caravans come.  8)

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 28, 2015, 07:20:30 pm »

... Well that is one simple solution I did not consider.

Thanks again :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 29, 2015, 04:12:16 am »

Deconstruct your trade depot = no caravans come.  8)

they do afaik, just sit at the edge of the map

they don't come with wagons, though

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1254 on: August 29, 2015, 12:29:22 pm »

No pathfinding, no FPS affected. ;)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 07, 2015, 04:04:03 pm »

nah, any creatures will affect FPS regardless of pathfinding, even if not as much as when they're moving

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 08, 2015, 03:55:00 am »

so i went back to dwarfmode since like.. forever, having fond memories of the tradestalls i built a few.. and i can only sell fish to them for gold?

what about if i don't have gold on my embark?, why cant i trade with the damn merchants. so help me if it was gutted for "humans" i will go berserk...

fine if i cant sell my crap to merchant stalls for gold to buy neat fun things, how do "YOU" go about getting gold coins to pay for the stuff. aside from the obvious "mine it / trade for it / use the tavern / alchemy lab"

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 08, 2015, 05:53:31 am »

so i went back to dwarfmode since like.. forever, having fond memories of the tradestalls i built a few.. and i can only sell fish to them for gold?

what about if i don't have gold on my embark?, why cant i trade with the damn merchants. so help me if it was gutted for "humans" i will go berserk...

fine if i cant sell my crap to merchant stalls for gold to buy neat fun things, how do "YOU" go about getting gold coins to pay for the stuff. aside from the obvious "mine it / trade for it / use the tavern / alchemy lab"

I mint copper coins. Exchange for shillings at Morul's tavern. Exchange shillings for sovereigns. After a while, invaders drop gold and rose gold armor and weapons. Melt those. Rose gold bars get melted into gold bars at the metallurgist forge.

I also like to have a priest praying for soft metals, offering souls, and sacrificing hearts.

Selling raw fish works too, if I remember to do it. It makes me smile that of all dwarven craftdwarfship, the merchants will only buy raw fish.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1258 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:33 am »

OH! Now I get it.

That fish-selling reaction shouldnt be there. I took out selling stuff from the dwarves when I introduced the trading mechanism to the humans.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 09, 2015, 12:07:58 pm »

Pray for soft metal
Mint gold/silver into coins

Why mine when you can pray?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 92