Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98618 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2014, 04:30:51 pm »

Bone studs can be added to hardened leather to create studded leather, which is a better armor material. And no, you cant assign rooms to pets, but he doesnt tantrum anyway. Pet-mayors are quite awesome, you can even ignore all their mandates.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

starburst98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 24, 2014, 01:37:35 pm »

i have been wondering though, about cobalt, kobolds first got their name from it. the myth that cobalt was cursed by the kobolds and that was why it was so dangerous to work with.

maybe not in a metal working sense but could have it like sand, like they can take scrapings from exposed cobalt for ritual purposes or something. i just feel they should have some connection to it. this is hard though because you would need to find out on embark rather then digging for it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #347 on: December 24, 2014, 06:57:00 pm »

Interesting idea, but the same holds true for Goblins:
[German Kobalt, from Middle High German kobolt, variant of kobold, goblin (from silver miners' belief that cobalt had been placed by goblins who had stolen the silver); see kobold.]

I saw this when I was doing kobold mode, but I decided to keep it for Goblins, since Kobolds at the time couldnt mine at all. Maybe I can add a little nod to it to Kobolds mode, now that they can in fact mine. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2014, 11:02:29 pm »

Bone studs can be added to hardened leather to create studded leather, which is a better armor material. And no, you cant assign rooms to pets, but he doesnt tantrum anyway. Pet-mayors are quite awesome, you can even ignore all their mandates.

Beyond that, thread can be added to studded leather to create lamellar, which is on par with iron (studded is on par with bronze). All leather except for Bonerattle can be painted.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 28, 2014, 12:09:49 am »

Lamellar leather is also pretty valuable by kobold standards[Equivalent to billon in valnilla, after some RAW trawling]. A masterwork armour set of the stuff is about ~20000 dorfbucks. Use it in the Leather Upholstery to make furniture for your nobles. Its still less expensive then iron though[Equivalent to silver], while having basically the exact same properties as far as armour goes[Probably copy & pasted, judging by the exactness of the similarity.]. Plus it can be warpainted and requires only trap spiders and jack rats to make. Lamellar leather is best kobold armour material, besides maybe mithral[Little tiny kobolds in iron/steel suits get exhausted fast].

Also:

On my RAW trawling, I noticed that the "Make trap components/mechanisms from clockwork" has [PRESERVE_REAGENT] on it, meaning that the clockwork part can be used for infinite mechanisms or trap components. I remembered this from a far earlier version and was unsure if it was intentional. However, since I remember not being able to find the Tinkerer workshop in my Cobaltpacked game, I looked through the RAWs some more. What I found:

1: The reactions are listed in reaction_kobold and can be found with the in-game manager screen.
2: The reactions are found in the tinkerer workshop.
3: The entity_savage_kobold permits the clockwork reactions.
4: The entity_savage_kobolds DOES NOT permit the tinkerer workshop.

Which of the above list are bugs and was/is it intentional that the clockwork parts be reuseable forever?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2014, 01:01:27 pm »

Lamellar leather is also pretty valuable by kobold standards[Equivalent to billon in valnilla, after some RAW trawling]. A masterwork armour set of the stuff is about ~20000 dorfbucks. Use it in the Leather Upholstery to make furniture for your nobles. Its still less expensive then iron though[Equivalent to silver], while having basically the exact same properties as far as armour goes[Probably copy & pasted, judging by the exactness of the similarity.]. Plus it can be warpainted and requires only trap spiders and jack rats to make. Lamellar leather is best kobold armour material, besides maybe mithral[Little tiny kobolds in iron/steel suits get exhausted fast].

I've noticed that Rigid Chitin/Scale are both less dense than Lamellar, all other things being (apparently) equal from the raws. Does that make them any better for Armor?

But of course Lamellar is much easier to assemble, and a higher material value makes it better for fortress wealth.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:03:53 pm by Zuzu Reish »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #351 on: December 28, 2014, 01:52:15 pm »

It only means that they are lighter.

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 28, 2014, 03:55:56 pm »

I think it's worth keeping in mind, then: lamellar is as as heavy as iron (Solid/Liquid: 7850/6980), with rigid scale at 900/900 and rigid chitin at 500/500. That could affect a kobold without a high Armor-user skill level, correct?

Anyway, I didn't want to derail attention away from Arcvasti's question re: clockwork parts, that seems much more important.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2014, 09:45:53 am »

I have some questions about thieving system:
1) Manual reads that kobolds can die performing thievery. However, it never happened to me over a long term (already thinking about bulding several of these free-loot workshops). Should it actually happen or not?
2) Does hunting (thieving) skill have any effects on this job?
3) Can you steal from civilization that doesn't exist? (will there be any loot?)
4) Can you initiate more than one siege at a time?
5) And combining 3 and 4, can you initiate a siege of race that doesn't exist?

Aand just a little funny thing, which can be considered a bug: Elves have "Apostle of Armok" profession.

UPD:
And yes, one more thing. Does Glassblower workshop still exist?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:41:55 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2014, 11:12:22 am »

I have some questions about thieving system:
1) Manual reads that kobolds can die performing thievery. However, it never happened to me over a long term (already thinking about bulding several of these free-loot workshops). Should it actually happen or not?
2) Does hunting (thieving) skill have any effects on this job?
3) Can you steal from civilization that doesn't exist? (will there be any loot?)
4) Can you initiate more than one siege at a time?
5) And combining 3 and 4, can you initiate a siege of race that doesn't exist?

Aand just a little funny thing, which can be considered a bug: Elves have "Apostle of Armok" profession.

UPD:
And yes, one more thing. Does Glassblower workshop still exist?
1. I removed it because the result was too unrelyable.
2. Yes, it happens faster and the items recovered might have a higher quality.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. Oh, Yes. (I remember 500 units in ambushes alone after spamming the reactions a bit)
5. No.

Glassblower should still exist, most likely in the large tent. Should be able to be converted to glassblower.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 29, 2014, 12:42:23 pm »

Well, if "large tent" = "Greater Tent", then no, there's no Glassblower.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 29, 2014, 12:55:06 pm »

This was mentioned a few pages ago. I'll edit in the link in a few seconds.

EDIT: Here you go

Glassblower is missing from kobold_entity or something like that. Although that may have been fixed in the latest release?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:56:40 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2014, 01:02:13 pm »

Also, it seems that wooden shovels dig through stone quite nicely :-\
DF Combat Reworked

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 29, 2014, 01:03:11 pm »

Also, it seems that wooden shovels dig through stone quite nicely :-\

Intended. They should break after a few weeks though, which, combined with the fact that kobolds are shit miners[1% learn rate for the skill], makes it pretty balanced.
Spooky Signature

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »

I see.

And one more question again. How (and where) do I milk psychoactive toad?
DF Combat Reworked
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41