Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98469 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2015, 03:37:49 pm »

I have done it, and don't remember food being terribly difficult.  Hunting, ranching jack rats.  Am I wrong in remembering that you can cook meals as long as they contain a meat ingredient?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2015, 03:57:09 pm »

I'm not sure how you are doing it, cause I'm running through food like mad here.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 10, 2015, 06:08:18 pm »

I cant seem to generate a world with Kobolds. I have them set as the only Fort Civ in the Civilizations tab in the launcher. There are tons of civilizations in the world too, but its just elves and humans as the options that I have :/

I'm just brainstorming, but is it possible they maybe they don't appear in the civ list because of skulking?

I turned off their skulking in the launcher but that didn't change anything when I generated a new world.

People are in fact using Kobolds in this new version though? Seems odd that it isnt working for me when I have not really changed anything.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 10, 2015, 09:09:33 pm »

I also couldn't generate them on the map, and that also reflected on the embark screen, as I couldn't buy no implements or weapons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2015, 03:10:30 am »

The definetly work in the new version. I playtested them and there is a lets-play video of them, and a community fort... all with the 40.x version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 11, 2015, 03:57:26 pm »

I will figure it out when I actually have time to play then. Always did want to try the Kobolds.

dimescion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 23, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »

My civilization has no choppers. Am I screwed?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 02, 2015, 04:16:59 pm »

I cant seem to generate a world with Kobolds. I have them set as the only Fort Civ in the Civilizations tab in the launcher. There are tons of civilizations in the world too, but its just elves and humans as the options that I have :/

I'm just brainstorming, but is it possible they maybe they don't appear in the civ list because of skulking?

I turned off their skulking in the launcher but that didn't change anything when I generated a new world.

People are in fact using Kobolds in this new version though? Seems odd that it isnt working for me when I have not really changed anything.
i Believe its because their default site is CAVE,which prevents them from showing up in the local civ screen,i had the same problem,so i switched [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE] to [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] and they showed up.

From the Entity token page on the wiki
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 03, 2015, 07:37:06 pm »

i Believe its because their default site is CAVE,which prevents them from showing up in the local civ screen,i had the same problem,so i switched [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE] to [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] and they showed up.

From the Entity token page on the wiki
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, this seems to have worked at first glance.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 03, 2015, 09:24:33 pm »

Does the hunting labor work for Kobolds? Therapist keeps saying that they are missing their weapon and they wont go hunting. They are holding blowguns though, with their quivers full of envenomed darts and everything.

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 04, 2015, 08:57:07 pm »

How long do venoms stay on blowdarts? Forever?

My civilization has no choppers. Am I screwed?

bring a training axe.

Does the hunting labor work for Kobolds? Therapist keeps saying that they are missing their weapon and they wont go hunting. They are holding blowguns though, with their quivers full of envenomed darts and everything.

Yeah this is happening to me.  I just made him military and manually hunted.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:04:07 pm by GreyPowerVan »

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 20, 2015, 09:32:53 am »

May I criticize the workshops? Designwise, I think they are too big and too sophisticated. And what is all that leather required for? To simulate hide tents?
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 20, 2015, 02:20:47 pm »

How long do venoms stay on blowdarts? Forever?

Yes, forever.

And what is all that leather required for? To simulate hide tents?

Yep, leather and wood is for canvas and tent poles respectively.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 20, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »

But they don't look like tents at all and they can't provide any shelter whatsoever... And even if they did, I still don't see why playing indians would be necessary.
Personally I think that it's DF in the first place that currently depicts workshops superficially: it'd be nice if you actually used tools and a table instead of just sitting in the centre of a collection of unspecified objects placed in a 3x3 area which we call "workshop". But that's another matter...
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

GreyMasker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 22, 2015, 07:43:58 pm »

I had a question about the shell crafter. My understanding is that you should be able to tan shells there which then makes them usable for armor but I don't see the option to tan the shells anywhere. I see an option to toughen them with tallow, but no tanning. Is that feature not in yet or am I just missing something? My Kobolds are up to their eyeballs in shells so it'd be nice to use some of them.

Wonderful mod by the way; I'm pretty new to DF in general but I'm having a ton of fun figuring out how to keep these little bastards alive.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41