Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98539 times)

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #465 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:25 am »

So eh, after being absent from the forums for quite some time I've finally come back to ask a question.

How do I stop fisher gremlins from spamming job cancelation announcements? They keep yelling that they can't store items (namely the fish they fish), and I believe them, but they will not shut up about it. It's just constant red text. What do?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 16, 2015, 05:26:39 pm »

they got no hands for barrels, just have a raw fish stockpile without barrels underneath of them where they fish so they can just drop it there
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 16, 2015, 05:30:52 pm »

they got no hands for barrels, just have a raw fish stockpile without barrels underneath of them where they fish so they can just drop it there
Gremlins have hands. Anyway, I don't think there's anyway to stop th messages other than fixing the problem.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 16, 2015, 05:50:21 pm »

Probably not allowed to equip items is all. Vanilla gremlins lack the tag, and hauling seems to require that.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 18, 2015, 11:44:56 pm »

Do Kobolds eat Cheese?

hemperor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2015, 08:08:46 am »

Smoke shisha??? why the Kobolds happens to be the potheads :o in this mod? some good reason or explanation?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:38 am »

Smoke shisha??? why the Kobolds happens to be the potheads :o in this mod? some good reason or explanation?
I'm not entirely sure how you made the connection from shisha to potheads. Shishas are almost exclusively used for tobacco in RL.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

hemperor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2015, 10:05:52 am »

I'm not entirely sure how you made the connection from shisha to potheads. Shishas are almost exclusively used for tobacco in RL.

I don't know i mean , if you read smoke shisha, meditate and talk to your totem, marijuana is a lot more easily associated with mystical activities than tobacco, but probably you're right , taking the fact that shisha could mean the tobacco itself , not the waterpipe.. i mean you're right! obiously, you created it

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2015, 01:40:41 am »

Question I have for any of you brave 'bolds to answer. Have any of you ever embarked with Kobolds on a frozen biome, and gotten proper usage out of the Frost Giants stolen Ice Sculpter workshop? Despite playing bolds for a while now, I'm still very much not confident I'd ever be able to let them survive in the frozen tundras. That said, WOULD you even be able to make a sustainable above ground fortress as kobolds, with their need for meat, and being unable to raise jackrats, fish or hunt much?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 29, 2015, 06:33:32 am »

Why no jackrats?
Anyway, try out helmet snakes - they lay SO FRIGGIN' MUCH eggs at once, you'll never experience food shortage with them. And they also make great expendable defensive force.
Your only problem will be water - you'll either need to dig a well to caverns very fast (yes, with puny wooden shovels) or rely on booze for some time (thus making your bolds dizzy).
It's hard, but not impossible.
As I remember, there was even a glacier succession fort with kobolds, which failed only due to bugs.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 29, 2015, 08:53:42 pm »

Question I have for any of you brave 'bolds to answer. Have any of you ever embarked with Kobolds on a frozen biome, and gotten proper usage out of the Frost Giants stolen Ice Sculpter workshop? Despite playing bolds for a while now, I'm still very much not confident I'd ever be able to let them survive in the frozen tundras. That said, WOULD you even be able to make a sustainable above ground fortress as kobolds, with their need for meat, and being unable to raise jackrats, fish or hunt much?

I did that a while back, before kobolds could dig rock. Wasn't really worth it. I'd have been able to subsist on plump helmet juice and jack rat meat for a while, but the Ice Sculptor wasn't that much better then just making stuff out of jack rat bone or leather. Was a nice colour though, I'll give it that. That fort eventually died to an attack of forest spiders in the first autumn and it wasn't interesting enough to try again.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 30, 2015, 12:12:45 am »

Dang, how could I forget about teas and juices?
Oh, yeah. Reborn.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Raven3113

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 09, 2015, 12:16:23 pm »

I'm using reborn and having an issue creating a world with Kobolds present. I've erased all world files to be 100% sure, toggled on kobolds, but I'm still getting every race except 'bolds.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 11, 2015, 04:11:02 am »

I removed hatchets at the prepare embark screen and then couldnt add them again. They were not listed anywhere. Also no weapons or ammo were available at all is this right?

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 11, 2015, 02:41:32 pm »

I have a couple more questions.

How do I stockpile bone blocks? Block/bar doesnt work
Are bone blowdarts suppose tu frakture camel bones? The do now :D
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41