Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 97789 times)

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #480 on: November 14, 2015, 05:10:53 pm »

I'm playing the pre-reborn version; how do I build clay ovens? I have bone blocks, but I still can't build a clay oven because I don't have fireproof blocks? How do I build kilns?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 15, 2015, 09:24:03 am »

If bone blocks don't work for whatever reason just use bonemeal (it's made in kitchen from vermin remains).
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #482 on: November 20, 2015, 10:24:38 pm »

How do I make boldy weapons? Sling, bolas, pointy sticks?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #483 on: November 21, 2015, 09:36:52 pm »

Never mind. So they do use the forge...
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #484 on: December 13, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »

34.11 version:

Whenever I mill "any plant" or use "any plant" to make some poison, it produces just "powder" or "seeds." That's all. Not "thisplant powder," not "otherplant seeds." How can I fix this?
Sigtext!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 19, 2016, 02:10:05 pm »

What is the point of Bone weapons? they are diverse and all, but every form of the weapons seems mediocre. Glass weapons such as Daggers and Pointy Sticks are easier to acquire and can actually hurt animals. I have had times where squads of people with bone machetes would hack at a boar until they faint, but the second my first glass dagger is produced, that guy becomes a killing machine(against wild animals, no more bruising boars with a dull hatchet.) Are they supposed to be training weapons, because if so why can we not make glass axes or machetes, so we can have diversity to our military other than, spear group, knife group, and blowdart group.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »

Bone weapons are likely intended to be either early-on or stopgap weapons til you can make something better.

Being limited with the glass may be either an oversight or intentional, forcing you to salvage better weapons or to melt what you get to forge your own bold-sized ones - one can consider the glass dagger to be a crude piece of broken glass with a side fitted to a wooden and wrapped grip, while a pointy stick is a stick with the same bit of broke glass on the end. This of course being considered highly innovative to a simple tribal society that normally makes wood or bone weapons.

As such, you need "real" materials to make "real" weaponry, without which you must make due with broken glass, wood, and bones.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2016, 04:14:13 pm »

Bone weapons are likely intended to be either early-on or stopgap weapons til you can make something better.

Being limited with the glass may be either an oversight or intentional, forcing you to salvage better weapons or to melt what you get to forge your own bold-sized ones - one can consider the glass dagger to be a crude piece of broken glass with a side fitted to a wooden and wrapped grip, while a pointy stick is a stick with the same bit of broke glass on the end. This of course being considered highly innovative to a simple tribal society that normally makes wood or bone weapons.

As such, you need "real" materials to make "real" weaponry, without which you must make due with broken glass, wood, and bones.
Honestly forgot that they could melt down weaponry, because I rarely get attacked by enemy civs, and usually lose to poor planning or a raid of pandamen thirsty for blood. Also demons whenever I settle in a dwarf ruin.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2016, 11:12:06 am »

Where does Glass weaponry fit in on the material scale? My army seems to prefer glass daggers over the iron ones I get from killing visiting thieves, and I am wondering if glass daggers are sharper than iron.
TAIL SHOOOOES!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2016, 11:59:01 am »

Where does Glass weaponry fit in on the material scale? My army seems to prefer glass daggers over the iron ones I get from killing visiting thieves, and I am wondering if glass daggers are sharper than iron.

I can't say for sure. I know that in vanilla Glass has one of the best values concerning it's sharpness. However its almost useless past wooden or leather armors. Still, if you manage to find One chink in the armor of your enemy, I know at least glass sawblades en-mass will dismember anything short of a complete inorganic enemy.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 03, 2016, 03:25:11 pm »

In case anyone wants a gander, I started up a Kobold Camp in version 1.08, and I'm going to attempt to flail through it with some semblance of competence.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159194.0

Bug encountered whilst playing this fort. Seems that Kobolds refuse to dig even with the Pick option active. I've had one kobolds with Mining active, that refuses to acknowldge that the steel pick that is laying by the wagon we came in on even exists, instead preferring to be jobless for the past two weeks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:01:59 pm by chaosfiend »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #491 on: July 04, 2016, 03:36:14 pm »

In case anyone wants a gander, I started up a Kobold Camp in version 1.08, and I'm going to attempt to flail through it with some semblance of competence.

Bug encountered whilst playing this fort. Seems that Kobolds refuse to dig even with the Pick option active. I've had one kobolds with Mining active, that refuses to acknowldge that the steel pick that is laying by the wagon we came in on even exists, instead preferring to be jobless for the past two weeks.
They should. They have permitted_job:miner and a digger item. I'll do a quick test run.

Edit: After some initial confusion on my end... I got it.

Picks have [MINIMUM_SIZE:42500], kobolds simply cant pick the picks up. Pun intended. Thats why the old mod had shovels for kobolds.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:45:40 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 05, 2016, 10:41:43 am »

They should. They have permitted_job:miner and a digger item. I'll do a quick test run.

Edit: After some initial confusion on my end... I got it.

Picks have [MINIMUM_SIZE:42500], kobolds simply cant pick the picks up. Pun intended. Thats why the old mod had shovels for kobolds.

HAH! That's hilarious, cause the next post for my community fort, that was the excuse I had written up XD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #493 on: July 05, 2016, 02:22:03 pm »

if you want to fix it in your running fort, just change the [MINIMUM_SIZE:42500] to [MINIMUM_SIZE:4250] in item_weapon.txt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 05, 2016, 09:41:04 pm »

Alright, I might do that at some point. If I got a larger race join at one point, would I be able to get them to mine with the pick?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41