Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98606 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #495 on: July 06, 2016, 05:25:21 am »

yes
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #496 on: July 06, 2016, 05:33:41 am »

Yes, that should work.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 06, 2016, 02:30:37 pm »

Oh, Meph, have you at all fixed that problem that has Kobolds never receiving any trading caravans? IIRC, they do not have a creature that can pull wagons active in their raws. There used to be the Giant Jack Rats, but those seem to have been removed by you at some point?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #498 on: July 06, 2016, 02:33:58 pm »

Oh, Meph, have you at all fixed that problem that has Kobolds never receiving any trading caravans? IIRC, they do not have a creature that can pull wagons active in their raws. There used to be the Giant Jack Rats, but those seem to have been removed by you at some point?
Yes and no. Yes, they dont get caravans. No, I wont change that, that is intended. Its hard-mode after all. Caravans bring too much free stuff,

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 06, 2016, 02:39:25 pm »

Ahh...Well, at least I still get other species Caravans

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #500 on: July 06, 2016, 02:44:06 pm »

which ones, naga?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 06, 2016, 03:26:12 pm »

Yeah, Naga, and maybe Frog Demons, since they seem to like swinging by my forts. Also I seemed to be actually friendly with the Elves when I embarked, no dotted red line beside their name when we embarked.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 07, 2016, 12:26:22 am »

Yeah, Naga, and maybe Frog Demons, since they seem to like swinging by my forts. Also I seemed to be actually friendly with the Elves when I embarked, no dotted red line beside their name when we embarked.
It always says I should have Naga as friends, but I never get caravans, and my pubs are always full of Ferric Elves.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2016, 11:00:38 pm »

Meph, any idea what the heck is causing the game to crash? I've a save here, as well as an error log. Game crashes about 5-15 minutes in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fuh775fun9myuby/AAASd4LTdhJ6LusWDNnYzEQfa?dl=0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2016, 11:25:40 pm »

Nagas dont have scholars nor pack/pull animals, they dont bring anyone. Thats why you dont see them.

Chaosfiend: I downloaded and tried the safe. I let it run the entire winter, and part of the spring till a diplomat arrived. No crashes. Run flat at 300 FPS. Dfhack on. I can let it run even longer if you like, but when exactly are you getting a crash? Still in winter? (I assume so, because otherwise you would have an autosave for early spring, not early winter)

Here is the save for spring, maybe you want to continue playing with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mghim2snzbrk2nu/kobolds%20community%20camp.rar?dl=0

Your error log was harmless, it was just about random-creatures that cant be gelded, and some pathfinding errors that happens when an item is lost and people have to find a new way.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2016, 11:31:54 pm »

Nagas dont have scholars nor pack/pull animals, they dont bring anyone. Thats why you dont see them.

Chaosfiend: I downloaded and tried the safe. I let it run the entire winter, and part of the spring till a diplomat arrived. No crashes. Run flat at 300 FPS. Dfhack on. I can let it run even longer if you like, but when exactly are you getting a crash? Still in winter? (I assume so, because otherwise you would have an autosave for early spring, not early winter)

Here is the save for spring, maybe you want to continue playing with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mghim2snzbrk2nu/kobolds%20community%20camp.rar?dl=0

Your error log was harmless, it was just about random-creatures that cant be gelded, and some pathfinding errors that happens when an item is lost and people have to find a new way.

Alright, thanks Meph. I'll try once more, but as you can see from the Error log, each of those Random Creature Geldings was a mid-winter crash for me. I've been using them as a counter of sorts, as I got just one every time I crashed.

The reason you see so much more between each Geld error is cause I was slowing time down to see what the problem might have been.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2016, 11:57:02 pm »

Alright, thanks Meph. I'll try once more, but as you can see from the Error log, each of those Random Creature Geldings was a mid-winter crash for me. I've been using them as a counter of sorts, as I got just one every time I crashed.

The reason you see so much more between each Geld error is cause I was slowing time down to see what the problem might have been.
No... you dont get them when the game crashes, you get that entry in the errorlog every time you load the save.

*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/Kobolds Community Camp/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
This one. Its harmless, the creature is just lacking a geldable bodypart.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 11, 2016, 12:32:10 pm »

I think one of the Clay shaper reactions is messed up slightly. 'Shape floodgate from clay' was accepting fireclay as a reagent, when fireclay should be used for the 'Shape floodgate from fireclay'

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 11, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »

Any way to tell me why my frame rate is absolutely tanking? Meph, you saw how good the frame rate was before right? I'm dropping down to below 50FPS in the world now that Spring has rolled around. Any insight?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94jmy20ktpvnyu9/Kobolds%20Community%20Camp%20-%20Backup.zip?dl=0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #509 on: July 11, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »

I tried, runs with 30-50 FPS. No flows that influence that, no massive army, no temperature, no dfhack... runs at the same speed without dfhack.

No idea, kobolds dont have any fancy interactions or anything that could spam around influencing FPS. I have to assume its something that happens in the world, not on your map (?)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41