Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98597 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #510 on: July 11, 2016, 04:21:07 pm »

This is mind boggling, because its happened at least 4 times before in prior versions when I play kobolds. After one year of play or so, I get massive FPS hits, for no apparent reason.

The game was even running fine at about 250 when the ice had melted and the river was reflowing back into its proper course.....this is damned maddening!

Kahlish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 12, 2016, 02:44:53 am »

Have you tried going in Legends mode and look at events that happened in the same timeframe as your freezes ?

By the way, I've been playing a 3 year Kobold Camp, and my tavern is still empty. Can you get visitors as Kobolds ?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 12, 2016, 06:46:58 pm »

The Camp sped back up after about 10 minutes waiting for some strange reason, but I came across some more bugs. The Kiln is not regisering the Greenware cages that I shaped in the shaper, for drying into Fireclay cages, despite being right beside eachother, and not within a stockpile. After a few minutes, it worked itself out.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:53:54 pm by chaosfiend »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2016, 06:00:57 pm »

Please post suggestions for future kobold updates. Once I have enough, I can start working on a big update for them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2016, 08:45:55 pm »

Please post suggestions for future kobold updates.

* Arcvasti cracks knuckles

- Now that we've got multiple species per civ, would it be possible to make Ogres actual civ members instead of pets?
- Some way of converting larger weapons into "makeshift" weapons that is more efficient then melting down bars, but does not retain quality level and are slower and more ungainly then normal weapons.
- Give Air Sign kobolds cat-level climbing skills instead of stealth, because of the massive speed decrease the latter entails.
- A kobold-exclusive alloy[Between iron and steel] created by melding cobaltite with 2-3 random other metal bars and a couple logs of wood.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2016, 09:36:50 pm »

Old stuff from another thred just to put here as part of suggestions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- Some way of converting larger weapons into "makeshift" weapons that is more efficient then melting down bars, but does not retain quality level and are slower and more ungainly then normal weapons.

If you can manage it, perhaps give Kobolds some sort of Access to turn looted weapons into Terrible Weapons from LC's Terrible Weapons mod? They can make the weapon smaller, but it's in ways like, simply lopping a large spear in half to use as a small spear, leaving it unbalanced, or crudely lopping the top half of a sharp sword off to make a shorter machete like blade.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 15, 2016, 12:01:07 am »

Old stuff from another thred just to put here as part of suggestions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I seem to recall that was at least technically in Kobold mode quite a few versions back. The Bombardier workshop was supposed to do that, although I could never get it to work.
Spooky Signature

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 15, 2016, 09:26:33 am »

The manual claims kobolds can cook live vermin, but I've trapped a few and can't see any way to turn them into delicious kobold snacks.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #518 on: July 15, 2016, 02:14:52 pm »

The manual claims kobolds can cook live vermin, but I've trapped a few and can't see any way to turn them into delicious kobold snacks.
As far as I remember I did make that reaction but had to discard it because of a DF bug. It does not properly recognize live vermin as reagents.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 17, 2016, 10:17:15 pm »

I keep getting a "No Warren Master?  Curious..." message after one appointed himself.  Am I screwing something up?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 17, 2016, 10:20:23 pm »

I keep getting a "No Warren Master?  Curious..." message after one appointed himself.  Am I screwing something up?

The Warren Master is the diplomat that comes with a caravan. Thing is, diplomats stay to enjoy your hospitality for longer in the new DF version instead of just dashing off after finishing the meeting. About a yearish, I think? Could be longer, I dunno. But kobold caravans come twice a year. The second time, the Warren Master can't come with them, because he's already at the fortress. So you get that message telling you that no diplomat came with this caravan.
Spooky Signature

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 18, 2016, 03:22:43 am »

Buildings that have the same Hotkey, in case it has not been addressed in Kobolds

B – Breeding Warrens & Poison Cookery
S – Soap Maker and Scale Cleaner
I – Juice Bar and Wood Splitting Block

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 18, 2016, 01:26:02 pm »

Probably worth considering a glitch - the booze-burner can make coke out of barreled water from the handpump.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 18, 2016, 02:23:13 pm »

- Now that we've got multiple species per civ, would it be possible to make Ogres actual civ members instead of pets?

If you look at the 'slow learner minions' in the [USE_EVIL_CREATURES] tag, they are local, embark only creatures, and are generally best fitted for that purpose, they appear on the livestock but can't be tagged as pets. A 'minion' would probably best suit the role of a ogre as it would a troll (and with some mounting scripting, you could encourage kobolds to saddle up on the backs of ogres because they are livestock). Minions because they belong to you can also be used in reactions for gathering materials off them ([YARN] etc.) like livestock.

Getting a ogre in without a [USE_EVIL_CREATURES] tag could be as easy as buying a renamed slave tool item ("ogre minion") if 'minions' are given their own tool then spawned via create-unit, different tools for specific creatures. Making them civ members doesn't help verify them very much (given that slow learners are limited by design and it clogs up civilian count), and making them pets is redundant and often ethically wrong because of butchering (also given that the proceeds are bugged and wont be eaten/used). Besides holding noble positions or doing crafts, a 'minion' local creature can do anything a civ-member can do.

So yeah. Totally get some ogre tool = create a unit in there as a suggestion for some cheap, slow moving but strong labor and fleshing out the military.

Kahlish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 19, 2016, 02:56:12 am »

So after playing 1.10 for a while, I like the changes so far.
Caravans come a bit too often to my taste once a year is largely enough, especially if you get other races caravans (white tigermen in my case).

Also, I like how you can assign labors to Ogres (and thus, imo, breaking the Kobold game since they can wield picks) but I think a more fitting role for them would be military. I see them as protectors, not slaves. But you can't assign them to squads.
Do you think it'd be doable to make the game consider they are mercenaries instead of residents ?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41