Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98286 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #525 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:11 am »

The Tea and Juice Reactions seem to be kinda wierd....They are asking for Two barrels for each reaction, and sometimes they seem to pull random plants into the reaction, and Cancel the reaction. I queued up several juices and teas, but each time the reaction canceled cause I was 'MIssing Food Storage', even though I have had at least 10 unused barrels sitting for about a month in my Furniture storage.

EDIT: I ran into another problem. I'm having a problem where my Kobolds are consistently getting the 'Item Inaccessible' message for something they are trying to stockpile, and it got so bad it dipped my FPS to 1. Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

EDIT2: Yet something else bizzare. I cannot Milk creatures. I set the Farmers workshop RIGHT beside the animals in question that need milking, and he brings a bucket over to the Farmers Workshop, before it says "Cancels Milk Animal: No Creature" Same with trying to shear the Leatherwing bats I caught and trained. I'm utterly stumped as to what the hell is wrong. There are no Burrows, no forbidden doors....I got nothing. I have a Helmet Snake, and a Charity Dire Spider, and I'm not able to Milk venom from either of them. I can Milk milk from the Relimi Boar Sow.

Save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yawnoy2aq60scm/region1.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:51:41 am by chaosfiend »

GreenBeast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 21, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »

First thing, I love how the mod is going and the kobold update. But how do i work with cobalt and bonemold? I keep seeing weapons and amour made with it but i have not figured out how to make my own.

*edit* thanks for the quick reply. time to make so new amour.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:54:30 pm by GreenBeast »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #527 on: July 21, 2016, 04:50:48 pm »

First thing, I love how the mod is going and the kobold update. But how do i work with cobalt and bonemold? I keep seeing weapons and amour made with it but i have not figured out how to make my own.
Bonemold = New furnace called "Bonemolder". Takes ash and bones and fuel, makes bonemold bars.

Cobalt: Mine cobalite, only available IF you play with shovels/mining. Cobalite is even mine-able if you play with the soil-digging option, but you need to embark on a cave and hope to find some exposed cobaltite veins in the caverns. Its rare, as it should be. Its mostly so that you can bring some prized weapons at embark.

Or I might give them some mumbo-jumbo reaction to make cobalite from something... who knows.

chaosfiend: Noted. Helmet snake should be milkable, maybe you did not wait long enough? It still says "bucket" btw, not "venom bucket" like it does with "milk bucket". Did you check if the bucket contains venom?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 21, 2016, 05:57:58 pm »

Also, the reactions in the Bone Chipper are kind of weird. Since Toady fixed the bone stack bug, the reactions now take stacks of bones properly. But they'll use the entire stack and you'll end up with multiples of whatever you wanted in one reaction. This isn't that bad with tiny stacks of jack rat newborn bones, but you could conceivably make hundreds of bone blocks at once if you got a huge stack from a megabeast or something.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 21, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »

Can confirm.  Had a bonescrimmer's shanty as orcs, had a nice flow of draltha from the caverns.

Ended up with like, 60 draltha bone doors in one go.  Which, on the plus side, WAS convenient for my latest batch of orc apartments.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #530 on: July 21, 2016, 06:28:22 pm »

Yeah, but thats nothing I could affect. Either a stack gives ONE item, or a stack gives as many items as the stack has. I thought the later one is fairer.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 21, 2016, 09:58:13 pm »

chaosfiend: Noted. Helmet snake should be milkable, maybe you did not wait long enough? It still says "bucket" btw, not "venom bucket" like it does with "milk bucket". Did you check if the bucket contains venom?

Sorry, let me be more clear. In this fort, I have NEVER been able to milk venom. Milk is fine, but NO venom at all has been able to be milked from either the Dire Charity Spiders, nor the one Helmet Snake. They take an Empty bucket to the Farmers Workshop, and as soon as the bucket is brought over, the reaction is canceled. This has been happening from the very start. I repeat, on this map I have NEVER been able to milk venom. Only Milk.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 22, 2016, 01:59:38 am »

Each animal's individual raw needs to have milking tags attached (you could try setting up a creature variational raw to do this so you can just copy paste the milking tags) to milk, i assume meph has this covered but its worth checking yourself in the likely-hood its not there or its being conflicted in some way.

Also is your embark a scorching biome? If animals aren't brought in (then its a raw problem for not selecting tame livestock to milk because the milking tokens are not properly attached) /or they are brought in but the reaction is cancelled, it might be that its evaporating straight out of the bucket (in which case do it in a enclosed 'inside' room in order to negate temprature)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 22, 2016, 03:45:33 am »

Each animal's individual raw needs to have milking tags attached (you could try setting up a creature variational raw to do this so you can just copy paste the milking tags) to milk, i assume meph has this covered but its worth checking yourself in the likely-hood its not there or its being conflicted in some way.

Also is your embark a scorching biome? If animals aren't brought in (then its a raw problem for not selecting tame livestock to milk because the milking tokens are not properly attached) /or they are brought in but the reaction is cancelled, it might be that its evaporating straight out of the bucket (in which case do it in a enclosed 'inside' room in order to negate temprature)

It feels like moreso its the Former. I'm in a Hot Biome, but they never even bring the Venomous creatures to the kitchen for Milking. And one of them is a Helmet snake, a base creature of Masterwork. Unless Meph has been tweaking with the raws for Helmet snakes and Charity Dire Spiders, (both that I could milk last version)Something overall just seems...bugged with the fort and how it's working.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #534 on: July 22, 2016, 08:58:56 am »

It feels like moreso its the Former. I'm in a Hot Biome, but they never even bring the Venomous creatures to the kitchen for Milking. And one of them is a Helmet snake, a base creature of Masterwork. Unless Meph has been tweaking with the raws for Helmet snakes and Charity Dire Spiders, (both that I could milk last version)Something overall just seems...bugged with the fort and how it's working.
Thats improbably to the highest degree, because
A: Helmet snake has the milkable tag.
B: Charity dire spiders does NOT have the milkable tag. (Its one of the random creatures, I did not change any of them)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 22, 2016, 11:54:18 pm »

The Juice Bar has some issues.

- The reaction for making Bloomberry Juice takes any plant, not Bloomberries.
- The reaction for making Strawberry Juice takes "leaves", no idea which kind. Neither strawberries nor strawberry plants appear to satisfy this requirement.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #536 on: July 23, 2016, 02:37:52 am »

The Juice Bar has some issues.

- The reaction for making Bloomberry Juice takes any plant, not Bloomberries.
- The reaction for making Strawberry Juice takes "leaves", no idea which kind. Neither strawberries nor strawberry plants appear to satisfy this requirement.
Noted. Its the change in plants, adding plant growths... strawberry wine/juice takes strawberry growths, not strawberry plants anymore. Its easy to fix, but thanks for the notice. :)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 27, 2016, 02:58:21 am »

On the subject of the juice bar, I noticed that it's dropping "seeds." Not strawberry seeds, not longland grass seeds. Just..."seeds."
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 30, 2016, 12:42:49 pm »

I have been gone for while due to a Total War binge, and I was wondering if Kobolds can detect Carp Cults with their own creatures like a Ward of Armok can for Dwarves. I used to always settle in abandoned Dwarf holds and it was a constant problem for my Kobolds.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #539 on: July 30, 2016, 02:13:31 pm »

cults dont work like this anymore, so no. You can find the leader in other ways now, regardless of race.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41