Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 97602 times)

ElderDays

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #600 on: February 07, 2017, 04:15:36 pm »

Thanks LMeire. The world was still in its first century so I think that was the issue.

kingofthehour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 18, 2017, 09:40:22 pm »

Im trying to make thieves tunnels but I need candles and I dont know what workshop to use to get them or even what materials.  Anyone know how?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 18, 2017, 11:31:50 pm »

They're in the craftsbold's workshop. They need the Wax Working labour to make. You can make candles out of either wax[Fancier, I guess?] or tallow[Much easier].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2017, 01:39:12 am »

Was the Kobold's inability to work with Cobaltite and Bonemold ever fixed? I remember they could only be worked at with Metalsmith's forges, which required anvils, which Kobolds didn't have access to half a year ago. The only work around used to be to embark in fortress ruins and hope they are dwarven ones.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2017, 03:33:01 am »

I've heard of this.  I'll be testing a kobold embark and a dwarf embark today... I will check for access.  the hardest problem is that if you can't reach any cobaltite then you can't dig down into the earth to hunt for it, unless you were enabling digging (I prefer the slade out no digging version of Kobolds, but you can't run that script and run any other race on the same world map, unless they fixed that...).  Bonemold is not strong enough to make an anvil out of, neither is cobalt.   You would need at least iron or bloodsteel.   So it looks like to me they need a fix that allows them to build armor and weapons from the metals available to them without compromising on the spirit of what they are allowed to access.  I'll see if they can make an anvil strength material.  If they can, I don't mind producing an anvil reaction for that material at a shop.  If they can't then the option is a cold forge type shop, something heavy struck against something hard.  Anvils aren't hard to code, its 3 bars of a metal for 1 anvil...  but the game wont accept invalid anvils for shops (your artifact legendary zircon encrusted wood anvil will not function, lol).
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2017, 05:05:42 am »

I've heard of this.  I'll be testing a kobold embark and a dwarf embark today... I will check for access.  the hardest problem is that if you can't reach any cobaltite then you can't dig down into the earth to hunt for it, unless you were enabling digging (I prefer the slade out no digging version of Kobolds, but you can't run that script and run any other race on the same world map, unless they fixed that...).  Bonemold is not strong enough to make an anvil out of, neither is cobalt.   You would need at least iron or bloodsteel.   So it looks like to me they need a fix that allows them to build armor and weapons from the metals available to them without compromising on the spirit of what they are allowed to access.  I'll see if they can make an anvil strength material.  If they can, I don't mind producing an anvil reaction for that material at a shop.  If they can't then the option is a cold forge type shop, something heavy struck against something hard.  Anvils aren't hard to code, its 3 bars of a metal for 1 anvil...  but the game wont accept invalid anvils for shops (your artifact legendary zircon encrusted wood anvil will not function, lol).

Thanks for looking into this. I always play either living out of ruins or in a cave system, and the lack of bonemold gear really hinders later military efforts due to my disdain for solving all of my problem with a bajillion traps. I understand why the limitations are in for anvils, to keep to the spirit of the race, but it is weird being able to produce raw materials you cannot process or sell (since caravans tend to stop a few years in due to extinction).
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2017, 06:06:32 am »

NOTICE:  I am going to attempt to work around an issue I discovered in the Kobold entity file.  Basically the way Meph's Masterwork gui operates on the file causes it to become corrupted.  I can literally use the gui to create a string of letters (based of Meph's name no less) by switching options in the file.  It is advised until we can correct the gui(which means we need the source, and no one but meph has it), that you change as few options as possible in the Kobold section of the gui, and that you keep a backup of your current masterwork download, also you may want to keep a backup copy of your entity_savage_kobold.txt file and verify that its not significantly different(i.e. corrupted, not containing that which you want) before generating a new world.  I am looking now for other raws/scripts that have this issue... but its hard to tell.  It may be the reason some files have literally pages of white space at the end.

Thank you.

My fix is to place a large portion of white noise in front of any additions to the file... so in 1.24b will be a 30 line section of white space marked before the additions and 30 lines after that should keep the mod from eating it, unless you turn off all the kobold options then turn them all on... then they will disappear.  At least with that, its obvious its gone.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:25:24 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 01, 2017, 03:08:05 am »

Thanks for looking into this. I always play either living out of ruins or in a cave system, and the lack of bonemold gear really hinders later military efforts due to my disdain for solving all of my problem with a bajillion traps. I understand why the limitations are in for anvils, to keep to the spirit of the race, but it is weird being able to produce raw materials you cannot process or sell (since caravans tend to stop a few years in due to extinction).
Hello!
plz tell me how to embark in cave. I tied but not success = (

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 01, 2017, 08:11:38 am »

There's an option on the GUI that makes caves visible on the world map- similar to volcanoes, then you just find one and embark there.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 01, 2017, 10:58:12 am »

There's an option on the GUI that makes caves visible on the world map- similar to volcanoes, then you just find one and embark there.
ty. found it!

Unknown Kobold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2020, 03:23:17 pm »

I also cannot embark inside a cave , I always embark next to The entrance. Is this normal?

First time embarking in a cave, I'd like to be inside it is this possible?

If so how? I check visble caves, I have embarked on top of the cave with no avail always spawn outside next to it.

Is my install bugged or has it been removed?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]