Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 106456 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 09:01:44 pm »

A few questions about gameplay:-
1. What the hell do ghouls actually EAT? They start starving when I start with a stockpile of meat, but they seem fine when I butcher stuff. Do they have bonecarn?
2. I had a question about trade, but I think it might be fixed in the latest release.

1: I've never really had a problem with ghouls starving. Fresh meat's always worked for me. Fish work too, I think.
2: Warlocks don't trade. Except when you call enemy caravans with the Tome of Sator, a relatively late game item.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 07:10:05 am »

I want Warlocks to be undead, Succubi to be demon, which fits.

Warlocks and Succubi might trade as allies in future. I might also add "use prisoner as bait", and use for example an elven prisoner to spawn a elven caravan. Something like a hostage exchange, just that you obviously kill the elves will all your undeads. The Warlocks be like: "Yes of course you can have your elven friend back, if you send us a caravan full of goods... lol", and then kill the elves, harvest their bodies, and throw the goods in the wagon into the next shredder somewhere.  8)

Ghouls eat meat, bones, or any prepared meal containing meat.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 10:18:40 am »

Does that include tallow?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 10:21:31 am »

Absolutely not. Tallow comes from fat, not meat/muscle.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:45:09 pm »

year 2, restless zombie got into my pasture, the pack animals i had there  killed it. caused a loyalty cascade, hoofing my warlocks in the grill, not really amusing as it should have been. (already caused problems right off the bat rendering two of my skeletons useless / unrepairable)

ahh the joys of being a warlock.

you are evil, your not supposed to help the old dwarven lady across the street. your supposed to shoot her in the face with arrows untill it stops being funny - richard

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 07:22:08 pm »

Sorry, for some reason can't post anywhere except this subforum.
My problem does concern the warlocks, however.  In my current embark, I received a dwarf siege group shortly after arriving.  I had dug basic facilities, but when the siege arrived, I hurriedly built walls and drawbridge around my area.  The dwarves never moved from their location.  I am now 2 years into the game, have tunneled out of my embark area and started in an area where I want to build my tower and am in the process of walling in that area as well.  And the siege dwarves still have not moved from the vicinity of their original spawn location.  Gnolls have visited them and left the map, a crocodile is wandering amid them, and they have a campfire set up.  No hostile actions on their part.  I am still under a SIEGE warning.  Is this a bug, or just something peculiar to my situation?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 07:24:38 pm »

They SIEGE you. Park their army outside your walls and starve you out, cancelling trade. Its a valid tactic. humans and orcs do the same. 2 years is a bit long though, usually they leave after 9-12 months.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 07:46:39 pm »

if they're not archers. summon some empyreal bows and arrows and "insist" that they leave. if they are archers consider digging under them and putting some stairs right in the middle with your ghoul/skeleton milita under it, skeletons are naturally adept with pickaxes.

could also try building an elaborate trap inside your walls and lure them into it, sometimes sieges don't come and you gotta goto them.

and i was under the impression meph they never went away till you slaughtered them, i know i have SEEN a siege leave before. but not with warlocks, usually i just give them some incentive to leave. arrows. redicliously skilled ghouls in full mithril.. the like.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:49:29 pm by Fairin »

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 07:59:39 pm »

Two and a half years later, they finally gave up and left.  I didn't have the forces or resources to take them on, a combined force of metal and crossbows (16) against my 2 ghouls and 4 skellies.  I did, however, tunnel out and relocate completely across the map.  Working on the buildup of forces for the next one.

Spoke too soon, I guess.  Dwarves are gone, but no one takes orders now.  Happiness is at content or higher.  Designations are ignored.  In frustration I changed everyone to mining with no other duties, and no mining squares are touched.  Cancelled and re-designated dig areas, still no result.  Even when placed right next to their locations.  They still eat and drink, but that's it.  Cancelled all mining, changed duties to logging, placed areas to chop trees... they still look at me like I've lost my mind.  Then, my vampire died of thirst!  I really liked this location, but looks like it's time to drop back ten and punt.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:10:44 pm by steelyeyed »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 08:15:12 pm »

you do know all skeles and i think ghouls go feral without a warlock nearby after 2-4 weeks, right?
pylons also help
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 08:17:44 pm »

Yeah, I remembered that.  They have all been within 20 blocks of one another almost the entire time.  Right now they are all sitting in a meeting area 5x5, except to run next door to eat or drink.

Okay, here's the situation.   Built a walled in area with drawbridge.  Siege came, pulled everyone inside, raised bridge.  Tunneled to opposite side of map, built underground areas, moved stock, etc.  Dug stairs to surface.  Everything was moved except the old walls, bridge, and lever to operate bridge.   Dwarves left.  No one works.   Deleted all military squads, cancelled all alerts, deleted all burrows.  Nothing left to connect them to the old fortress.

Had a wild thought, sent one back to lower the drawbridge.  When the bridge came down, everyone went back to work.  Thought it might have been a stair-digging problem, but they are using the new stairs just fine.  Walled up the tunnel and still everything is fine.  All had to do with the drawbridge being up.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:25:10 pm by steelyeyed »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 08:23:14 pm »

could it be the burrow bug? that's my last guess :-\
try placing a burrow that covers every square
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 08:48:15 pm »

haven't read about the burrow bug.  Designated a new burrow, entire kitchen-dining area, set the alert, everything seems fine.  Dismantling the old fort, though, just in case.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 06:10:17 am »

you do know all skeles and i think ghouls go feral without a warlock nearby after 2-4 weeks, right?
pylons also help
Ghouls do not go feral. (opposed to life). Only skeletons.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 08:27:22 am »

Should Dreadnought skeletons have easily detachable limbs? My dread skeleton seems to be happily loosing both his arms to almost anything, including a simple goblin flagelant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57