Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 106501 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2014, 02:14:23 pm »

While zombies do give more than it costs to summon them, it is more effective to just have multiple warlocks on graveyards all spamming search for lost souls, then buy large creatures from the soul merchant and butcher those.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2014, 03:44:28 pm »

It is handy for putting those bodies too small to use for anything else to use at least. I will give them that.

Techpriest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 25, 2014, 01:57:25 am »

bug report:
in creature_warlock
Code: [Select]
   [SELECT_CASTE:WARLOCK_OVERLORDF]
   [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:WARLOCK_OVERLORDF]
   double female, but no male
   [SELECT_CASTE:WARLOCK_M]
      [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:WARLOCK_F]
      [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:WARLOCK_V_M]
      [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:WARLOCK_V_F]
      [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:WARLOCK_OVERLORD]
      miss WARLOCK_OVERLORDF
Also female warlock transformed into male overlord. Wrong sys_class in interaction TRANSFORM_OVERLORDF

Learn Arcane Missle and Learn Arcane Armor reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:gold:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]
[REAGENT:Bag 8:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:gold][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:gold2:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]
[REAGENT:Bag 2:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:gold2][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:gold2:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD] must be gold3
[REAGENT:Bag 3:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:gold3][PRESERVE_REAGENT]

OneTwentySix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 26, 2014, 09:41:41 pm »

Wouldn't it make sense to have the skill raising buildings use the skill being raised for the reaction, rather than something like engraving (which causes the skeleton to run off and engrave if there are any engraving jobs open)?  I went in to change it myself, but I'm not familiar with what all the skills are called.  It would certainly be easier - set min/max levels for skills and let skeletons upgrade themselves as needed, rather than ending up with anyone taking the upgrade unless you disable it in the profile.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 27, 2014, 04:14:34 am »

Try using the workshop profile for that workshop. I can almost guarantee that's the envisioned way how that workshop is supposed to be used.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 27, 2014, 04:54:37 am »

Using the profile won't prevent the intended skeleton from doing other engraving jobs when you mean for him to upgrade himself.

The simple solution is obviously to not have other engraving jobs around. It seems like a simple thing to plan but could potentially be annoying if you just assigned a large area to be smoothed/engraved and let the workforce do it as they get around to it, and later wanted to upgrade a skeleton.

As an interim solution to that problem, you can have a small burrow encompassing the workshop and a stockpile that includes the cut gems and souls, preferably exclusively and assign the intended skeleton to the burrow. (Hmm... can phylacteries even be stockpiled?)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 27, 2014, 08:56:48 am »

Just started with this race, so I don't know how to do simple things...
How do you choose which creatures are with you at the embark screen?
Starting with 6 skeletons and a ghoul isn't really the intended way to play.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 27, 2014, 09:16:44 am »

No easy way. Just remember your embark location so you can easily get back there and just abort the emark if you don't like the starting 7 you rolled.  Repeat until you like it. A pain I know. I can spend hours looking for the right embark and right starting 7 balance.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:29 am »

if you don't worry about the 'reclaimed' tag, then embark (with no items, or 'cheat' and take non roting items), and then you'll have an easy time to find that spot again quickly to try to get your composition right.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 27, 2014, 12:59:16 pm »

Using the profile won't prevent the intended skeleton from doing other engraving jobs when you mean for him to upgrade himself.

The simple solution is obviously to not have other engraving jobs around. It seems like a simple thing to plan but could potentially be annoying if you just assigned a large area to be smoothed/engraved and let the workforce do it as they get around to it, and later wanted to upgrade a skeleton.

As an interim solution to that problem, you can have a small burrow encompassing the workshop and a stockpile that includes the cut gems and souls, preferably exclusively and assign the intended skeleton to the burrow. (Hmm... can phylacteries even be stockpiled?)

How much engraving do you or 126 do on warlocks? Pretty much all engraving is finished, or will be quickly finished due to the immense workforce laying around. Aside from a few rooms, there's not much engraving that needs to be done that has any practical value.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 27, 2014, 02:26:13 pm »

Yeah, the "potentially" I was referring to is more like "well, I guess it could conceivably happen." I didn't think it was a particularly egregious problem that needs to be fixed, and there are work-arounds anyway.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 27, 2014, 02:33:06 pm »

You know, an easy way to force the skeleton to upgrade himself at the workshop is to combine 'P'rofile and burro'w', to force him where you need him.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 27, 2014, 04:19:34 pm »

I... already suggested that. The main problem is that with the workshop in the burrow, the components (gem and soul/phylactery) also need to be in the burrow. Which, I mean, is not a big deal one way or another but it is as much work as having an engraving workforce and areas designated for engraving and meanwhile wanting a specific skeleton to inscribe himself without wasting time doing some of that designated engraving.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2014, 04:34:32 pm »

I guess...

I tend to try and do things the "easy" way, and to overcomplicate things in the process (like having very specific stockpiles or setting up predefined burrows).

Then again, I'm more of a "specialization" type of player, so I usually don't run into the same kind of problems (but much more often of the "where is my butcher?" type).

Back on the burrow thing, here is how I do it.
The "workshops" burrow is taking in every workshops and stockpiles, but is not encompassing parts of the map that are likely to see other activities (engraving, mining, eating...).
I also disable all the hauling from the unit I need to work.

While it might not be a perfect solution, it makes it possible to reuse the burrow for other tasks as needed, as opposed to setting up specific ones each time you need something done.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2014, 09:32:25 pm »

I... already suggested that. The main problem is that with the workshop in the burrow, the components (gem and soul/phylactery) also need to be in the burrow. Which, I mean, is not a big deal one way or another but it is as much work as having an engraving workforce and areas designated for engraving and meanwhile wanting a specific skeleton to inscribe himself without wasting time doing some of that designated engraving.

I just invert the burrow. For warlocks I tend to have a burrow for the locked off tower and dungeon made for important members of the civ, like warlocks and high skilled skeletons, that I don't want to wander outside. An easy way to cordon off the areas where the engravings are happening is to temporarily erase the burrows where the jobs are taking place and to put the skeleton who will be getting engravings onto the safety burrow.

And yes, you can store phylacteries in finished goods stockpiles.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:40:35 pm by Flare »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57