Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 105836 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #540 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:05 pm »

Using graveyards trains Praying/Necromancy if that hasn't been changed in a few versions.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 08, 2014, 04:34:03 pm »

I think he meant invaders caught by cage traps, not slaves, because he used the word "prisoners".
But with slaves for warlocks and succubus, it becomes easy to become confused pretty fast.
Meant the ones you can take with you on embark, that functions like pets, my apologies for being unclear.
Also, by in captivity, I just meant while you have them in your fort, not necessarily when they're caged.

EDIT: Manual says "A hostage from another race. Mostly used for breeding...", which seems to imply that they can, infact, breed, unless there's issues/bugs with them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:39:32 pm by A Spoony Bard »

Violaceus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 10, 2014, 04:58:01 am »

Hello, this is my first post on this forum, as iI finally decided to register. Also apologies for my bad english.

When I played warlocks several versions ago, I found with great anger that overlord (caste) can not learn any spells. Is it fixed yet?

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:26 am »

I don't know if its a bug but Ghouls are constantly having broken and rotten feet that plug up the hospital with jobs for the warlocks. Out of my starting 7 plus 2 waves of migrants my 5 warlocks are doing nothing but tending to my whiny rotting ghouls. lol I guess I need to make Doc Bones and have them do the jobs but it does limit the usefulness of Ghouls if they are constantly down for repairs.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 10, 2014, 10:36:58 am »

Do your gouls have meat to eat?
I was under the impression that it was what prevented the mass rotting.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 10, 2014, 10:40:55 am »

Hospitals are for the weak. There definitely should be some sort of reaction in whatever medical workshop Warlocks have to stitch up Ghoulish rot-wounds, possibly taking meat/limbs to heal them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:27 am »

I have about 4000 ish meat from slaying caravans and wildlife. I just disabled surgery on my 'locks and left the ghouls to rot. I REALLY like the concept and gameplay of the warlocks but I get bogged down in the skeleton OTL and the ghoul rot problems. A little too micro for me. I want to get the point where I am raiding and learning all the spells but cant seem to get the far before I give up due to meta game problems.

itman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2014, 12:04:55 am »

I can't seem to figure out the inscriptor. I have cut gems (amethysts); I have some phylacteries. Yet every reaction in the workshop is red. Still new to warlock mode and MDF in general, so it might just be me.
I want my fancy skellies!  :D

EDIT: Going through the manager seems to work. Never really used it before now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:17:12 am by itman »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2014, 05:13:26 am »

Might be running afoul of tools stored in containers not being recognized by workshops, for which using the manager is the suggested workaround. Not 100% sure about that though, since it usually involves tools stored in something which is then stored in something (like plaster stored in bags which are stored in barrels).

I've personally not had that issue but I keep a very tight reign over stockpiles and never stored phylacteries.

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 10, 2014, 10:11:46 pm »

So due to [NO_EXERT] (or NO_SLEEP?) and hardcoded training Skeletons can not train in barracks without getting Tired status forever. Is it possible to add some kind of interaction to Warlocks/Pylons that periodically removes this status as a work around? Kind of annyoing to be unable to train Skeletons properly.

Also, does anyone have the issue that Ghouls have "Going to Training Session" job but just get stuck in the meeting areas instead of training? I don't think I've ever seen my Ghouls actually train.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 11, 2014, 09:08:22 pm »

Dunno if this has been said already or not, but when I went into the military squads screen I found a 'steward' listed, no info on it and it doesn't show the create squad option, yet pressing 'c' crashed the game. I don't really know why the steward would need a 'squad' all to himself, or if this was just some weird bug that occurred from my strange setup of smashing the current version into the old mac-compatible version.

Also, selecting an embark loadout of anything other than dwarves results in random non-dwarfy loadouts, such as kobolds, warlocks, or even hermits. Trying to embark as gnomes never works due to the lack of any gadgetry in my currently selected civ (presumably dwarves).

How do you properly choose your race from embark screen? I'm thinking the problem is that I'm technically part of the dwarves (having not selected a civ), and embarking as "warlocks" messes things up. Looking on the wiki didn't help, it just said "you can select your civ" but no info on how to do that, exactly.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:12:51 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2014, 09:17:55 pm »

The embark profile has nothing to do with your selected civ. You select the civ before you embark, on the map. Just tab through the menus till you see the list of civs. If you have a dwarf civ and try a gnome profile, of course it wont fit.

Stewards shouldnt have a squad attached.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2014, 09:29:29 pm »

The embark profile has nothing to do with your selected civ. You select the civ before you embark, on the map. Just tab through the menus till you see the list of civs. If you have a dwarf civ and try a gnome profile, of course it wont fit.

Stewards shouldnt have a squad attached.
Oh, so the civ you play as is determined directly after generation and right before confirming the world?
Just noticed you said "TAB through the menus." Dang, I didn't even know the embark map HAD tab menus. How noobish of me. There's even a bit of text that tells me I can change modes by using tab.

Everything seems to be working, but while playing as Warlocks I noticed something: oddly, Crowns are being used instead of Hourglasses (which I can't figure out how to make), is that intentional or a bug? I don't want to have to resort to constantly making stone crafts just for the crowns to store souls in.

EDIT: after looking in the Craftsman's workshop, I found where you can make hourglasses, but the Soul Syphon still seems to take my crowns pretty well, what's up with that?

EDIT2: How hilarious, making an 'hourglass' really just means making crowns. Does that mean you're crowning souls as royalty whenever you fill one as a phylactery? :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:03:41 am by thegamemaster1234 »

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 16, 2014, 08:45:48 am »

So, in previous versions I know there was this bug, where skeletons left the military freuquently. I sadly experienced, that it doesn't seem to be fixed in the latest version.
At first it is quite annoying having to put them into place again, but what's even worse is, that the leader can't be put into military at all after he left, rendering my relatively expensive dreadnought skeleton practically useless.

Is this issue worked on? Is there a fix to this? Is it somehow possible to put the former leader back into his Crypt-Lord position?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57