Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 106511 times)

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2014, 09:36:03 pm »

On another note, with the 'Basic' premade  load-out for embark, I get an error message saying Ironbone Wraithblades + Magestaffs aren't available. Is that normal, or is something screwed up with my copy of Masterwork?
i think that is pretty normal that premade embark profiles can have non avaiable items in them.
i think it depends if the warlock civ that got created in world gen managed to make the required materials i.e. in your case the civ might not have been able to get ironbone, so ironbone items are not available to pick when it tries to add them from the civ items to the wagon. (what might be a bit weird as ironbone is kind of the standard for warlocks *shrugs*)

if you can add items yourself after picking a premade embark and the errors, then just add similar ones to the ones that couldnt be added yourself. i.e. copper magestaffs instead of ironbone. or plantseed X instead of seed Y or meat instead of fish. etcetc
if you cant add something after picking a premade, well you atleast know what your guys couldnt bring with them and maybe you can try to make some version of the items yourself later.

(also i think Wraithblades + Magestaffs need ammo, these shards and other whatever they are called thingies for their "ranged attacks" to work, so the warlocks dont just charge into melee combat with them.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:39:35 pm by Nelia Hawk »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 06, 2014, 08:49:13 pm »

(also i think Wraithblades + Magestaffs need ammo, these shards and other whatever they are called thingies for their "ranged attacks" to work, so the warlocks dont just charge into melee combat with them.)

I'd love to see ammo for magestaffs it would be great to have real ranged option for them. I like wraithblades the way they are though. The slow spell lets my over-armored warlocks catch up to fast things and slice them to bits. (I admit though, I think the orc wraithblades are cooler with their ammo/spells)
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 17, 2014, 04:04:17 am »

Hey all :) I've gotta say, that out of all the masterwork races, the warlocks are definitely one of the most fun to me. They also, IMO, need the most upgrading  :P I've given a lot of thought onto what can be used to help the Meph update Warlocks, but unfortunately my own busy life has prevented me from actually sitting down and physically coding everything out. My hope is that someone will be able to take what I've got to say here and be able to at least begin coding  :D

Something that I've noticed is a problem is being able to revive a warlock while giving them a fitting tomb because of the range of the Necromantic Shrine. To fix this, I figure create a 1x1 building, called a Necromantic Focus or something more fitting, and have the reaction there also. Have the reaction itself be the same as the shrine, 3 souls, but require a dreadnought metal block, slab, and a soul phylactery to build. That way, the building can fit easily in a fancy tomb but makes it a higher end luxury.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My next idea is a little bit more ambitious. It entails setting up the groundwork for creating new civ members. My idea is to add 3 leather "tools" that serve as reagents for the civ member creation reactions. These leather tools would be a "preserved head", "preserved upper torso" and "preserved lower torso". I figure this will allow for easy check into what you have, w/o cluttering up the menus.

Next, and the most ambitious, is the actual creation of new civ-members. The easiest would be the typical necromancer peon: sentient zombie. The cost would be cheap (but not basically free like restless walkers). They would have natural skill at wrestling and biting, while moving at a decent pace. No skill learning however.

Well, I have much more but I'd have to think about it more  :P I hope my ideas help and eventually come to fruition  8)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:07:17 am by burrito25man »
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #588 on: December 17, 2014, 07:28:48 pm »

If you give ghouls and other civ members itemcorpses, these itemcorpses still count as corpse, regardless of the actual item used. They will bury it and store it in corpse stockpiles. You can maybe use them in reactions to destroy the itemcorpses, but you will get skeleton and ghouls ghosts that way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 17, 2014, 09:28:27 pm »

If you give ghouls and other civ members itemcorpses, these itemcorpses still count as corpse, regardless of the actual item used. They will bury it and store it in corpse stockpiles. You can maybe use them in reactions to destroy the itemcorpses, but you will get skeleton and ghouls ghosts that way.

They only get counted as corpses if the death is witnessed. I had some issues with the hermit's "Past regrets" not going into coffins because they tended to die without someone to report them on the spot as having melted/died/whatever, so it'd probably be the same here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #590 on: December 18, 2014, 01:32:43 am »

They only get counted as corpses if the death is witnessed. I had some issues with the hermit's "Past regrets" not going into coffins because they tended to die without someone to report them on the spot as having melted/died/whatever, so it'd probably be the same here.
You think it would be better to make the past regrets boil away into nothing, and use slabs instead of coffins?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 18, 2014, 01:41:17 am »

You think it would be better to make the past regrets boil away into nothing, and use slabs instead of coffins?

Probably a necessity for anything past the initial group - no witness, no death, no burial - though I think I tried that and lack of a potential corpse screwed with that for whatever reason (it isn't a dead body, it's an item! At least according to the game.) Someone who's played hermit mode more than twice could probably give better input though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #592 on: December 18, 2014, 01:49:41 am »

If I had some form of auto-ghost removal, that wouldnt be an issue.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 18, 2014, 05:16:16 am »

Probably a necessity for anything past the initial group - no witness, no death, no burial - though I think I tried that and lack of a potential corpse screwed with that for whatever reason (it isn't a dead body, it's an item! At least according to the game.) Someone who's played hermit mode more than twice could probably give better input though.
My hermit games were fortress where the first 6 past regrets were buried, sometimes even one or two of the migration waves, but past that I saw those past regrets "rotting" to the ground for years, even in timeframes when bob were in "No Job" state (and even the hermit).
I think slabs should work better, since you don't have to collect items your characters maybe never saw, but you just write memorials to your past. It's even better flavor-wise.
But next Hermit fortress I'll try putting the hermit in militia just to make him reach the past regrets to bury.

Sorry that I've posted this into Warlock thread, but I saw you speaking of hermit and I had something to say about it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #594 on: December 18, 2014, 05:25:28 am »

Thanks for the input. I'll think I'll change it to boiling temps then. Testing will show if it works better.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 18, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »

Don't know if it's been asked before, but...

I'm having some trouble with the skills. Now, when I pick a premade embark template, the skills reset, saying embark preparations were not completed. I might have missed something, but I don't know what else to do. (Note, this happens with other races too, I just want to play Warlocks though.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #596 on: December 18, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »

I'm having some trouble with the skills. Now, when I pick a premade embark template, the skills reset, saying embark preparations were not completed. I might have missed something, but I don't know what else to do. (Note, this happens with other races too, I just want to play Warlocks though.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. The pre-made embark profiles for Warlocks dont include skills, only items.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 18, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The pre-made embark profiles for Warlocks dont include skills, only items.
That would probably be the problem. Thanks.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 20, 2014, 07:40:04 am »

So if i give my multiarmed ghouls multiple weapons, will they use all of them? A quick arena test says no but what do you guys say?
EDIT: Alright bug report time.
It appears that the reaction at the Necromantic Shrine to create a zombie is still the old one. It just takes a couple of bones and spawns an uncontrollable zombie like before. It also seems like my 2 headed 4 armed ghoul, that i embarked with, cannot become a Ghoul Master. It just says no valid candidates.   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:28:52 am by Jaso11111 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2014, 08:28:45 am »

So if i give my multiarmed ghouls multiple weapons, will they use all of them? A quick arena test says no but what do you guys say?

Afaik an attack is an attack in 0.34, but it increases the chance of a direct hit being a weapon and not a punch or a bite.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57