Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 106388 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2014, 08:45:35 am »

So if i give my multiarmed ghouls multiple weapons, will they use all of them? A quick arena test says no but what do you guys say?
EDIT: Alright bug report time.
It appears that the reaction at the Necromantic Shrine to create a zombie is still the old one. It just takes a couple of bones and spawns an uncontrollable zombie like before. It also seems like my 2 headed 4 armed ghoul, that i embarked with, cannot become a Ghoul Master. It just says no valid candidates.
I checked, you cant be right about the necromantic shrine zombie.

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_ZOMBIE_PROB]
    [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
    [SYNDROME]
        [SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME]
        [SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
        [SYN_CLASS:probability-syndrome][SYN_CLASS:cmd]
[SYN_CLASS:spawn]
[SYN_CLASS:WARLOCK_CIV]
[SYN_CLASS:4]
[SYN_CLASS:"Zombie"]
[SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]

[INORGANIC:SPAWN_ZOMBIE]
    [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
    [SYNDROME]
        [SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME]
        [SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:spawn]
[SYN_CLASS:WARLOCK_CIV]
[SYN_CLASS:4]
[SYN_CLASS:"Zombie"]
[SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]

The creature that is spawned is CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV, its not an uncontrollable zombie. It must be a civ member. Maybe because its lacking the INTELLIGENT tag, spawnunit thinks its a pet? Like the dwarven concubines I had so long ago?

I'll fix the noble selections, that is an actual bug. ;)

They use all weapons, but you cant really decide which and they dont attack faster. I know that the block chance of multiple shields is better (from old arena tests of Antmen), but you can give them an edged and a blunt weapon, a bow and a shield... :) Or two-handed weapons and 2 shields... for example.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2014, 10:50:04 am »

So if i give my multiarmed ghouls multiple weapons, will they use all of them? A quick arena test says no but what do you guys say?
EDIT: Alright bug report time.
It appears that the reaction at the Necromantic Shrine to create a zombie is still the old one. It just takes a couple of bones and spawns an uncontrollable zombie like before. It also seems like my 2 headed 4 armed ghoul, that i embarked with, cannot become a Ghoul Master. It just says no valid candidates.
The creature that is spawned is CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV, its not an uncontrollable zombie. It must be a civ member. Maybe because its lacking the INTELLIGENT tag, spawnunit thinks its a pet? Like the dwarven concubines I had so long ago?
Well i could (and did) butcher it like any other animal. Ill try adding the intelligent tag myself and see what that does.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2014, 04:21:52 pm »

Yep that's all it needed it seems.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 21, 2014, 05:42:17 am »

They use all weapons, but you cant really decide which and they dont attack faster. I know that the block chance of multiple shields is better (from old arena tests of Antmen), but you can give them an edged and a blunt weapon, a bow and a shield... :) Or two-handed weapons and 2 shields... for example.
Question about multi-armed: can't you decide weapons? Why?
And, can one actually equip more than a shield at a time? And multiple ranged weapons, like 4 bows?

Also, I had difficulties with warlocks since in the manual you said ghouls should equip whips and sent hunting as a squad. But this doesn't make the dead bodies butcherable (there is a bug in the base game) and with whips they just don't start hunting as a civilian job.
So we should equip ghouls with ranged weapons to make them hunting? So why they just use whips but are good hunters?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:44:17 am by Vitellozzo »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2014, 05:53:30 am »

Question about multi-armed: can't you decide weapons? Why?
And, can one actually equip more than a shield at a time? And multiple ranged weapons, like 4 bows?

Multi-armed units can use multiple weapons or shields, though I'm pretty sure that last one is a bad idea. Multiple shields increases defense, multiple weapons... Less useful, since they seem to prefer only using one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #605 on: December 21, 2014, 05:56:45 am »

The dead bodies that the military killed are butcherable, you just need them near your butchery. Change your working order 'O' to stop ignoring refuse on the surface, and haul the bodies to a stockpile next to your butcher.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 21, 2014, 07:03:54 am »

Thanks guys.
So they fight only with a weapon? So it's good to put ranged+close+shield, then, and prefer 2H weapons or 2 shields?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 21, 2014, 08:18:30 am »

Thanks guys.
So they fight only with a weapon? So it's good to put ranged+close+shield, then, and prefer 2H weapons or 2 shields?

If I recall they'll fight in melee with whatever the first weapon they pick up is something like 80% of the time. So shield-walling it with a one-handed melee  weapon would probably fare better.

Gildemoron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 22, 2014, 06:25:07 am »

Game keeps crashing when trying to make squad for steward, anyone else having this problem?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #609 on: December 22, 2014, 07:48:40 am »

Game keeps crashing when trying to make squad for steward, anyone else having this problem?
The steward cant make squads.  ??? Its the expedition leader of the Warlocks, same raws, just different name.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 23, 2014, 09:58:59 pm »

A few things in MDF 6.2 version.

1. Skeletons get realy sluggish (yes I know it is as intended, and its way better then going opposed to life) the second they loose eye contact with a warlock, and it doesnt seem that pylons affect them in any way, unless there is a delay for the effect to kick in?

2. Are skeletons supposed to still sometimes turn opposed to life? For a few days two of my skeletons droped from unit list/theraphist, admitedly they just stood around for a few seconds and resumed work normaly.

3. Overlord still seems to have trouble learning spells. Set him up to learn Agony and Shackle (from necromancy wing) and checked his powers afterwards with the scribe/library center. No powers :-( Therapist confirms, nothing new showed up in syndromes. Normal warlock worked fine.

4. As mentioned before in the thread, created zombies are treated as animals... well they kind of are? I can confirm a embark/migrant zombie is a normal civ member, since Ive embarked with one, so its probably spawnunit issue.

Apart from that, great job on rebalancing warlock rarity, admitedly 25 warlocks on a normal 7 embark with two migrant waves is alot, but at least now I can use the Grand Convocation and not worry about running out of warlocks.

Great mod Meph, keep up the good work!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #611 on: December 24, 2014, 05:32:04 am »

Thanks for the report. :)

I'll check the overlord again, and I already found the problem with the zombies. I commented out the INTELLIGENT tag, which seems to make them pets when it concerns spawnunit. Just adding that back fixes them. We are successfully using zombies in our community fortress: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146594.0

I'll make another bugfix release in the coming days, I'll include the fixes for the issues you posted. Although I'm not quite sure how skeletons still go opposed to life... that shouldnt be possible.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 24, 2014, 05:41:07 am »

Guess I should wait a little bit before starting up that tutorial dungeon huh.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #613 on: December 24, 2014, 05:52:25 am »

Ehm... well... maybe? ^^

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 24, 2014, 06:11:14 am »

Ehm... well... maybe? ^^

Well let me know when things are sorted and then I'll have at it. Gonna have at the hermit in the meantime.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57