Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 106390 times)

dimescion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #765 on: April 26, 2015, 11:41:57 am »

OK, What does collect above ground refuse do? Is that why they were left to rot?

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 26, 2015, 11:51:44 am »

Yeah it allows your guys to haul corpses on the surface. It is off by default since dorfs live below ground mostly. When it is off your guys will only Butcher corpses made from hunting, not military kills. And as warlocks you need every single corpse to get more souls and build more skellingtons.  Also remember to make totems from skulls at your craftsmans shop

dimescion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 26, 2015, 12:07:10 pm »

Alright, that makes things a lot easier!

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 26, 2015, 12:12:52 pm »

I mentioned this earlier in the tread but for buildings that require souls you need to use soul phylacteries rather than raw souls, or the buildings will deconstruct when the souls expire.

Additionally making ghouls from caged invaders in the corruption chamber is buggy as all fuck and has never worked properly for me

dimescion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 26, 2015, 04:29:59 pm »

Ok, I'll make sure I make the phylacteries.

dubem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 11, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »

seems like this thread is still alive, good. because i kind of encountered a problem...a major one for me and unless resolved i guess im just kinda stuck with warlocks :c

anyways here is the problem: my people won't butcher anything that i kill (at least with my military, i can't afford bows and arrows, and im bad with em)   is there anything i can do to fix this? my warlocks collect refuse from the outside and the creatures i killed seem rather large to me (buffalos, wild boars, nightstalkers)

If im doing something wrong and there is a way to fix all this then i'd be very grateful if you told me how, if so then thank you in advance

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 11, 2015, 03:56:38 pm »

Accidentally turn off auto butcher (no jobs being generated)? Butcher shop in proximity to refuse stockpile? No workers with butcher skill (jobs generated but never fulfilled)? Workshop accidentally forbidden? Invalid corpses (jobs generate and attempt to complete but report "needs butcherable unrotten item" or such)? Butchers too busy with other tasks and the corpses rot before they get to them, cancelling the job (they'd eventually be butcherable again once the rotting is complete and only a skeleton remains)?

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 11, 2015, 10:12:19 pm »

Have you gone into the orders tab and allowed your guys to collect refuse from the surface? If you do not they will not Butcher any corpses on the surface.

Just a heads up, tons of other warlock stuff is really bugged, which is a shame because on the whole it is a really fun game type. Raiding keeps not working, converting invaders to ghouls makes odd enemy ghouls that will not fight back, and my gargantuan bone golem started attacking my own skeletons even in full view of a pylon about a month after he was created. Cannot wait for the newcromamcers in reborn

dubem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 12, 2015, 12:30:35 am »

righto, apparently the problem was that my butcher simply didn't want to actually go get the corpse himself, so i had to bring em to him by making a stockpile VERY close to the butchery. (i had tried dumping them near it to test if it was the problem before but i forgot to reclaim the corpse >.<) Thank you for your help

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 12, 2015, 03:23:54 am »

how do I create a few totems in DF hack? I've tried various commands (without quotes)

"createitem totem wood 10"
"create item totem none:wood 10"
and a whole bunch of different ones

I finally got a good start, and I must have forgotten bone working or something on one of my warlocks. So the craft workshop isn't being built at all. I don't want to keep starting over because I forget one skill to take, thats too annoying lol. Or is there a "cheat" I can force the craft workshop to be built? Cause I can't hunt or fight at all since I didn't get ghouls, and I want to make that throne room thing
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 12, 2015, 03:32:30 am »

Why don't you just enable the labor for somebody with {v}{p}{l} and make them normally? It's not like quality matters for bonecrafts, it's just construction materials.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 12, 2015, 03:39:19 am »

I'm still waiting for the craft workshop to be built. Been waiting an hour and everyone isn't doing anything (I've been waiting for a long time for it to be built) and its still being made. I thought one of the warlocks was missing skills or something for it. Thats why I wanted to create a totem with DFhack.

It isn't creating the totem that is the issue, its creating the building to make it and its not being built at all.

(edit: Well guess I'm still noobish at DF :P doing that command, I set one of the warlocks to boneworking and all that, which was required by the workshop...and it worked! Could have saved an hour doing that lol :P

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:43:33 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 12, 2015, 03:49:56 am »

Was it cancelled by a macaque or something or has it just not been started? In the former case (color-coded red in-game) you just need to turn it back on. In the later case (color-coded yellow) it's just a matter of turning on crafting labors on for a bunch of people and waiting for somebody to come off of work/break. (It also helps to turn off hauling for special cases like this.)

EDIT: Ah, well I'm glad that last thing fixed it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:52:09 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 12, 2015, 03:51:25 am »

I got it. :) I knew about that command a while back, but guess I forgot.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2015, 04:31:12 am »

I want to add a custom totem to Craftsman workshop. Its pretty much going to be the same as the totem in it already, but uses more and different ingredients to make it. Just for practice on adding stuff.

Except, I can't find where the totem entry even is in the reaction files...I can't find any entry that adds the totem as craftable. I was going to look at it to see what I needed to put, but there is nothing in any text file that shows crafting totems even though in-game its in my craftsman workshop.

Where is the entry hidden? :P
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57