Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 105839 times)

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #825 on: September 22, 2015, 10:22:59 pm »

Sweet, so no real balance issue for arrows is nice

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 27, 2015, 02:43:55 am »

I have a question, or concern how have you, that is about turning invaders to ghouls and prisoners.

I was playing in the Scorching Shiv in a flat region with shallow metals, deep metals, and flux. No river and ridiculously flat. I have been surviving off strawberry wine and fisherberry wine and the meat gained from killing snakes and scorpions. Not a glorious start for any Aspiring necromancer world leader. But that's not the problem. It was year 79, 3 years after embark, when my first invasion occurred. The invasion was 3 squads of 20 units of Expert Macedwarves, half belonging to the jeweler's guild for some reason or another.
I captured about 25 of them, striped them of all weapons and armor, then 10 to my corruption chamber room and the rest to the Prison cells to imprison them. BTW when these dwarves were caged, the siege ended and the rest of the dwarves just left, making me scratch my head in confusion but didn't really question it because i was still alive.

I used the reaction in the Corruption Chamber to turn caged prisoners into ghouls. The reaction went through, first turning them all around the chamber into screaming prisoners as intended. After unpausing each dwarf turned from a screaming prisoner into a Ghoul, even showed under the units window. When released from their cages since they said that they transformed to a ghoul and showed in my civilians tab, they started murdering everything. Eventually they all died to my Skele Hammer-men, leaving 2 warlocks and 5 Bloodsteel skeles. I then went to turn the remaining invaders to prisoners using the Prison Cell. After the message saying that "target dwarf" has transformed into a prisoner, i opened the cages and pastured them into the cell room.

Again, the prisoners killed my remaining Warlocks. And with only skeles, the warlock civ can't really do anything. So was there something i was doing wrong here or was is just dumb luck and didn't fully turn?

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 28, 2015, 05:04:29 am »

Again, the prisoners killed my remaining Warlocks. And with only skeles, the warlock civ can't really do anything. So was there something i was doing wrong here or was is just dumb luck and didn't fully turn?

Na, this reaction is bugged. Something to do with the fact that they were once hostile. Hostile will always stay hostile. Kind of like if you capture a megabeast that killed one of your fort before capture.

The best way to get ghouls is with the Throneroom. Send your guys out to capture. They will bring back prisoners you can ghoul no problem.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Potya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 26, 2015, 10:14:25 am »

Hi !
I am playing MDF not so long, but I have a lot of questions
1) how can I place the pylon?
2) in the throne room : I need ironebone raiding party for raiding, what is it? Only ironebone skeletons?
3) can I make ghoul without any invaders and prisoners?
Thanks for help)

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 26, 2015, 03:54:35 pm »

1) i think it is buildable somewhere either under where you build beds and chairs etc, or under workshops or forges. i dont think it was a creature that you had to pasture... but i never build one so not 100% sure.
2) also never got into raiding... but the manual help file sais:
How it works:

You use Workshop Profiles to link the Overlord to this workshop. Only he can gather his minions and give commands. Make some raiding kits in the Corrupted Forge. They only cost a bag (for snatching) and a ironbone bar (for a basic weapon).
so maybe check the corrupted forge for these raiding kits?
3) the graveyard should have a low chance option to lure ghouls with meat or something like that.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 27, 2015, 12:23:06 am »

Hi !
I am playing MDF not so long, but I have a lot of questions
1) how can I place the pylon?
2) in the throne room : I need ironebone raiding party for raiding, what is it? Only ironebone skeletons?
3) can I make ghoul without any invaders and prisoners?
Thanks for help)

1: The pylon should be a creature, just pasture it where you want it and a minion ought to drag it over momentarily. I don't think there's a way to use buildings to trigger reactions like this, at least not one that Meph uses. IndigoFenix's Gnome mod does stuff like that, but I don't think Warlock mode has that kind of thing.

2: Check the craftsman's workshop. Lots of miscellaneous reactions end up in there and last time I played raiding kits were in there.

3: Last time I played[Which was a WHILE ago], you had a 2% chance of attracting a ghoul in the graveyard with meat. That may have been removed, but getting prisoners through raiding shouldn't be THAT hard, at least once you start raiding something besides the countryside.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Potya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 29, 2015, 02:13:53 pm »

Thanks for your previous answers!)
Some new questions:
1) after raiding I received an ironebone caged prisoner. Now it ( he or she) is on my finished goods stockpile. What I can do with it? Butch or I can receive some info about caravans and villages?
2) There are a lot of items "minion command" on the floor near Throne Room: what is it? How can I delete them?
3) I can make anvils only from iron and steel? Unfortunately, I don't have them near the surface(((

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:23 pm »

2) There are a lot of items "minion command" on the floor near Throne Room: what is it? How can I delete them?

Not sure what is it, but you can smash anything under a drawbridge.

3) I can make anvils only from iron and steel? Unfortunately, I don't have them near the surface(((

Yes, these are the only metals* anvils can be made of. Do you maybe happen to have any spare iron/steel items to smelt?

UPD:
* There's also mithril. It's way rarer though.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:25:22 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 03, 2015, 04:20:58 am »

Question. How is the Eternal Sleep for the Eternal Rose supposed to work? I tried to get a guy to go to sleep, but he is still hopping and jumping around.

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 06, 2015, 07:26:53 pm »

My opinion:
Never used it myself. I would just 'cheat' the castes a little and use a skeleton/zombie to run the reanimation rituals, if I ever even LOST a fort. Actually, the whole concept is pretty odd, if you really MUST waste a warlock by putting him to 'sleep' than why not create a second side fort just for him. Give him a couple of zombies and skeletons to manage his personal palace (food, clothes, etc)...Now I want to make a individual fort for each warlock... THAT sounds FUN.

You can even operate the entire pylon network from inside these mini-fortresses...

@chaosfiend:
More detail what you have tried would definitely help. The description in the manual is a tad bit vague, and a quick glance through the relevant text files (can't find the .lua atm, but I am busy irl) doesn't specifiy either. Maybe you need to burrow the sleeper on the area. I am guessing it's a syndrome, and that it doesn't work means the person is probably running off before he gets hit by the sleepy time. Totally a guess though. Could be that you are using the wrong worker, but I am guessing your not trying to use a skeleton for this. More detail could help.

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 19, 2015, 09:12:27 am »

I searched for this, but could not find anything.
Is there an easy way to search for tombs before embarking? Other than scouring the map tile by tile looking for the symbol?
Thanks

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #836 on: December 08, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »

Legends Something.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 11, 2015, 06:37:42 pm »

Do warlocks have access to the ore processor?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 12, 2015, 12:40:10 am »

No, the idea with them is that you're supposed to be shredding natural metals for spell reagents. If you want metal you're gonna have to either melt down invader weapons, build a corrupted forge for ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought, or put up with the slag from melting unprocessed ores.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 12, 2015, 11:06:53 am »

Or just turn slag off.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57