Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77471 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2014, 03:53:10 pm »

The advanced animal training will still work.

I think I made them intelligent so that the raccoon and bear would fish, and then made them all intelligent for the sake of consistency, but people probably didn't notice that anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:17 pm »

They need intelligent to fish? I a grasp token an natural_skill:fish not enough?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2014, 04:16:17 am »

They need intelligent to fish? I a grasp token an natural_skill:fish not enough?

Fishing is a weird idling job, an intelligent creature not belonging to your race will fish.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2014, 07:52:35 am »

Yeah I remember the code round fishing being a bit weird.  Isnt it the *only* labour a non-civ entity will perform in fort?  I seem to recall trying to persuade animals to do other tasks that were modded to use fisherman skill. 

Regarding the succubus teaching my Gnomes lust.  Mining my announce logs indicates both my 'courtesans' formed at the same time, so one did not teach another.  Based on what you describe about how thats meant to work I suspect that a succubus is intended to teach themselves this as soon as they enter a succ fort map/embark.  My succubus was a snatcher, so never existed until it arrived at my fort.  What I suspect is that it wouldn't perform the interact while stealthed and probably dropped it the second I got the 'Snatcher! Protect the Kids'.  But she was discovered by proximity to a citizen, so as she drops the rock to gain lust, it also clips my nearby Gnomes.  Which would indicate that they were not so much taught by the succubus as ate collateral boiling rock.  Which is thematically weird but probably unavoidable and very tricky to reproduce anyway.

Dont much mind, its a really useful buff.  A little creepy on my 5yr-old gnome weaponsmith, and just amusing on my 'chief medical lusty courtesan'  Both seem to be buffing passers-by with something periodically, some noticable speed changes going down.  I also notice a NO_AGING tag floating there in the RAWs (which i struggle to follow, the moon cycle stuff is puzzling).  What exactly will this do to a gnome?  will my child courtesan never reach adulthood (it was gonna be at 20yrs old).  I also see a no_sleep tag in the interactions, the way I read it this is applied at the start of a month as part of the curse, but I dont see anywhere that it falls off, are both of my courtesans fulltime no_Sleep then?

edit:
Code: [Select]
[CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:0:3]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_SLEEP:START:0]
  This is the bit I mean, I'm curious.  Does the 0:3 on the moonphase also specify an ending for the CE_ADD_TAG?  I.e. will the game automatically remove said tag when not between 0 and 3 of a month?  I understand the effect you are creating, a period with no_sleep, just curious how that works in code.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:12:46 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 07, 2014, 08:54:56 am »

A CE:PERIODIC, affect the previous CE token and limit to a range of days. That's what make lycanthropy work on full moon.

First thing, this will be high on my bugfix list. A snatcher teaching this to a child is a big nope, plus they will not age anymore. What did the announcement says about that? Just 'snatcher' or more?

Your child courtesan will never reach adulthood, otherwise they have two interactions to debuff their enemies in battles and at regular interval they also get speed buffs for themselves and their friends. The snatcher should have used one of those.

Edit : I'll keep debugging this in the succubus thread.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:12:04 am by Boltgun »

Ogamaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2014, 10:50:06 am »

Do the clockwork and mechanical pets benefit from being made with better metals? And if so, what part(s) matter for this?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2014, 02:13:35 am »

Do armors that give benefits such as speed, immunity to certain things, and buffs give protection like normal weapons as well?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #307 on: August 16, 2014, 12:41:15 pm »

Do the clockwork and mechanical pets benefit from being made with better metals? And if so, what part(s) matter for this?

Yes, their outer layers are actually made of the metal you use to build them.

Do armors that give benefits such as speed, immunity to certain things, and buffs give protection like normal weapons as well?

Yes.

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2014, 02:31:48 am »

Are you supposed to be able to purchase all of the clockwork creatures at embark for only 1 or 2 points each? I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if there's some catch that I'm not seeing? As it is now I can stuff a couple hundred clockwork dragons into the wagon with room to spare.

Kartag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2014, 05:35:58 am »

Are you supposed to be able to purchase all of the clockwork creatures at embark for only 1 or 2 points each? I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if there's some catch that I'm not seeing? As it is now I can stuff a couple hundred clockwork dragons into the wagon with room to spare.
I assume it was made like this for test purposes, and the author just forgot to restore the prices.

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:45 pm »

i`m having a bug or a crash when i open the manual and push the dwarf fortress windows down i can't make it appear again and it just won't show up again, and it only happened when i`m playing with gnomes . . .

Edit:

The problem was actually when the game was saving because of the summer . . .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:40:39 pm by yangabriel »

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 01, 2014, 05:50:18 am »

IndigoFenix hello
I have a request. Please add reaction potash-> pearlash for arc smelter

Gildemoron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 01, 2014, 10:36:51 am »

Funny how mechanical carps can die by drowning

Maximilionarie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2014, 10:58:02 am »

I would like to start my post by saying that this is an excellent mod. Albeit I'm pretty green at DF, the concept of multiple civs caught my attention and I started to play DF with this mod (never played vanilla).
My question is about ore processing. Humans have the Ore Processor to make metal-bearing-boulders into pure ore. Do Gnomes have a similar building or do you have to bite the bullet and generate less-than-optimal amounts of metal? Thanks in advance.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:27 am »

I think its the Arc Furnace that does its job.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29