Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77389 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #360 on: January 02, 2015, 09:12:41 pm »

Questions about the Thunder Coil:

What is its range?

Does it go through walls? How about fortifications?

How often does it set things on fire?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2015, 11:27:11 am »

the raws have the raccoon as a quadruped, so no hands to fish with, just 4 feet.  that is if i'm reading it right

I see. Turns out pasturing them makes them stop whining about their unability to fish. As does getting murdered on guard duty by random thieves! :D

Another question. On my second fortress attempt, I thought I'd be clever and not build the Telegraph until I was ready to accept more migrants after the first 2 waves. However, now I just keep getting the "your fortress attracted no migrants" message despite sending the signal. I assume I screwed myself up, building the Telegraph quite late, so is there any way to force a migrant wave, with DFHack perhaps? I'm running a bit low on recruits.

It's not because of the Telegraph (in fact, you don't even need the telegraph anymore to attract migrants, they'll come on their own).  This is an odd bug in Masterwork that affects all races, and seems to be caused by large numbers of zombies in a curious underground structure, which maxes out the unit cap and prevents migrants from showing up.  Nobody knows why this happens or how to fix it.

What is its range?

The Thunder Coil's range, as well as its chances of starting fires, varies depending on how much power you feed into it.  It does pass through walls and fortifications.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2015, 11:55:52 am »

What is its range?

The Thunder Coil's range, as well as its chances of starting fires, varies depending on how much power you feed into it.  It does pass through walls and fortifications.

Approximately how much does its range and damage increase? Is it one square per 50 power fed into it? 100 power? More? Less?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2015, 12:08:24 pm »

What is its range?

Approximately how much does its range and damage increase? Is it one square per 50 power fed into it? 100 power? More? Less?

I actually don't know.  I think it involved a square-of-the-distance formula though.  Of all the machines, it is the one that I have tested the least.  The only time I have ever used it for defense basically involved funneling my entire factory's power into it at once, with predictably explosive results.

Have fun :)

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2015, 05:13:51 pm »

the raws have the raccoon as a quadruped, so no hands to fish with, just 4 feet.  that is if i'm reading it right

I see. Turns out pasturing them makes them stop whining about their unability to fish. As does getting murdered on guard duty by random thieves! :D

Another question. On my second fortress attempt, I thought I'd be clever and not build the Telegraph until I was ready to accept more migrants after the first 2 waves. However, now I just keep getting the "your fortress attracted no migrants" message despite sending the signal. I assume I screwed myself up, building the Telegraph quite late, so is there any way to force a migrant wave, with DFHack perhaps? I'm running a bit low on recruits.

It's not because of the Telegraph (in fact, you don't even need the telegraph anymore to attract migrants, they'll come on their own).  This is an odd bug in Masterwork that affects all races, and seems to be caused by large numbers of zombies in a curious underground structure, which maxes out the unit cap and prevents migrants from showing up.  Nobody knows why this happens or how to fix it.

Yeah, my human town seems affected by this too. What a bummer... my first gnome fortress was fine in that regard, but I was unhappy with the design and deleted it.
Is there any way I can check whether or not a particular world is bugged, at the start of the game? I thought doing "force migrants player" at the beginning would answer that question, but it doesn't seem to do anything, not even print a "attracted no migrants" message.

-edit-
So spawnunit is pretty neat, just sayin'. Certainly one way to circumvent the problem :D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:33:43 pm by misiekm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #365 on: January 06, 2015, 08:01:10 am »

You can also kill the zombies with slayrace and clean the dead unit list with dfhack. That should allow more migrants to spawn too.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #366 on: March 24, 2015, 11:42:21 am »

Let's bring the relevant threads back to the first page... *bump

Gnomes are fully playable in the 40.x version of the mod. I do hope they see some more action in future. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2015, 06:31:41 am »

Been playing a gnome fort on stream, and people seem to like them! The way you set up the factories are just fantastic! Too bad though you can't seem to make automatic tinkering too, or one could set up a fully-automatic mecha-animal factory! :D
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

WJSabey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 02, 2015, 09:40:50 pm »

I'm having the weirdest (OK, probably not but still pretty weird) problem in my gnome fort. Everything played just fine up until I build a mechanical spider. When I activated it, it turned my mechanic into a succubus performing a ritual, and a nearby gnome into a fiend. I reloaded my last quicksave and tried it again, and the same thing happened. Mechanic turns into a succubus, and another gnome in the room turns into a fiend. What the hell is going on here?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2015, 01:20:36 am »

Whaaaa...?

Sounds like some weird clash with the succubi scripts.

What version are you using?  The old or the new?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 03, 2015, 02:05:39 am »

I'm interested to see the save, df had sometimes syndromes mixed up for some reason.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 03, 2015, 07:31:34 pm »

I'm having the weirdest (OK, probably not but still pretty weird) problem in my gnome fort. Everything played just fine up until I build a mechanical spider. When I activated it, it turned my mechanic into a succubus performing a ritual, and a nearby gnome into a fiend. I reloaded my last quicksave and tried it again, and the same thing happened. Mechanic turns into a succubus, and another gnome in the room turns into a fiend. What the hell is going on here?
I recall a similar problem happening with someone playing as humans. Unfortunately it went unsolved, but it's interesting that this has happened multiple times.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

WJSabey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 07, 2015, 07:16:57 am »

Whaaaa...?

Sounds like some weird clash with the succubi scripts.

What version are you using?  The old or the new?
I'm using 6.2 for 0.34. I found a decent workaround, which is to simply lock the room so no gnomes can go in and get zapped before she changes back. It's a little annoying since she has a brat that keeps trying to follow her in there, I have to lock the room pretty quick. Now I have some spidertanks though, I found a new problem: can you actually give them the web turrets they need to web? I tried and it gave me an error suggesting that you need to work-train animals to equip them. Which you can't do to the spiders.

donoya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2015, 08:26:31 pm »

Does anyone know of a good long let's play (at least 20 hours long in total) on masterwork DF with the gnomes? If so, what?

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 02, 2015, 02:40:21 pm »

I need make an stonecutter, the problem is, gnomes can only do it with the machine, and... you need rock components that are made only in the Stonecutter...

EDIT:

The Geothermals are not working? because I do a little magma spot under one conected with a stair, and it says it need conection still, also, how I wire the power to other machines?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29