Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81520 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 05:42:09 am »

I just checked Spears, but I guess you are right. I was just going of his example of 5xlegendary spear-orcs. But the "common orc" as he mentioned, does not have any boosts to combat skills.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »

Huh, I thought orcs had higher combat learn rates. I've got all default settings. Might just be that orcs aren't affected properly by harder learning?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »

As I said, harder learning is only for dwarves.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 10:07:32 pm »

Is is possible to make it so there is a way higher chance of dieing from infection for orcs or orcs don't have access to soup so to make injured orcs are just wastes of space in the eyes of the army?

T-Rex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 11:05:21 pm »

Is it intentional for the new emigrating script to also apply to Orc forts? Cause I can't seem to find if you can  build an Embassy in an Orc fort so I can't seem to control it in any way. :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 12:06:39 am »

Is is possible to make it so there is a way higher chance of dieing from infection for orcs or orcs don't have access to soup so to make injured orcs are just wastes of space in the eyes of the army?
Could you rephrase that? But no, no higher chance of dying from infection... why should they?

Is it intentional for the new emigrating script to also apply to Orc forts? Cause I can't seem to find if you can  build an Embassy in an Orc fort so I can't seem to control it in any way. :(
Yes, its intentional. It affects all races atm. I didnt think that "emigration 10" (from 0-1000) would be such a high number that its a problem, rather have a very rare emigration event. If too many emigrate, I can either do:
 - Disable it by default for all races.
 - Or add a control mechanism to all races, like the Dwarves have with their embassy.

Why, how did it go? Did all your orcs run away?

T-Rex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 12:53:47 pm »

Yes, its intentional. It affects all races atm. I didnt think that "emigration 10" (from 0-1000) would be such a high number that its a problem, rather have a very rare emigration event. If too many emigrate, I can either do:
 - Disable it by default for all races.
 - Or add a control mechanism to all races, like the Dwarves have with their embassy.

Why, how did it go? Did all your orcs run away?
[/quote]

I think I'd really like a way to just turn emigration off if I can't control it or influence it somehow under normal circumstances as I've found it more of a headache than anything else. My two problems I've run into were during an early fort when there's still growing pains, I had Orcs leaving at the same rate that migrants were coming in, and in some cases even a few more leaving meaning that the already painful shortage of manpower in the early game was made even more painful. The other problem was that I had valuable orcs (like an Ologg who was training up as a heavy hitter) leave simply because of the bad timing that they were unhappy whenever the emigration check was done. (in this case the Ologg was unhappy because a friend of his had been killed not too long ago by a giant elephant). So off he went with the merchants with no way for me to stop him.

I understand that some people may enjoy this sort of challenge, I'm just asking for the ability to turn it off.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »

Until it's fixed, you can change the emigration settings through the dfhack console; just type 'emigration #', where # is the frequency.  'emigration 0' disables it.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »

is it just my games or are most domestic pets missing from embark screen?
no pigs or ducks in sight

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »

Its a feature. No self-respecting orc would consort with those foul waterfowl or milkbeasts!
Spooky Signature

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 04:44:54 pm »

Its a feature. No self-respecting orc would consort with those foul waterfowl or milkbeasts!

so no domestic pets for leather?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 04:45:40 pm »

so no domestic pets for leather?

Why use puny domestic animals when you can use your fallen foes or just random wildlife you hunted?
Spooky Signature

ibluminatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 08:09:46 pm »

Okay got back a bit later than I thought I would; my dad had some trouble. I'm going to look over the list some more once I get home.

I feel like these would be easiest to start to with: 10.) , 9.) 3.) maybe 1.)

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 12:02:20 am »

I am looking at the tribal warfare workshop. One thing I have noticed is how the tribal warfare workshop uses ironbone to make iron bone weapons but can't use bloodsteel to make bloodsteel weapons. It can only makes the from raw materials.

This is an inconsistency between iron bone and bloodsteel weapons manufacture.

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 11:48:27 pm »

I'm having issues trying to embark as orcs -- It shows generic same-name stuff for all digging implements and most weapons but the digging implements can't actually be used to dig.  Sorry for being noobish but I'm excited to try some of these new civs but I keep running into issues :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46