Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81580 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2015, 06:58:40 pm »

Training grounds and bloodbowl are already quite effective at training wrestlers/strikers (not biters currently, just 'cause it never occured to me ;)  )

War claws by the way, apply a pretty good stun debuff the old fashioned way (pain from pierces through the armor / twisting around in the wound).  With the exception of being strike rather than bite, I think they might be similar to the effect you're looking for. 

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2015, 12:24:38 pm »

To be honest, I wasn't thinking about it from a skill-training perspective, at least primarily; moreso as a sort of 'end-game' option for those players interested in unarmed combat.

Redundant, absolutely! But I recall your pick and plump helmet from earlier 8)

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 24, 2015, 06:30:48 pm »

The orc manual, though very comprehensive for the time it was made, even in comparison to the other ones, seems heavily outdated nowadays. Are there any plans to update it anytime soon?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:37 pm »

No, sorry.  Perhaps after the "Orcs Reborn" update is complete, which will obsolete things again anyway.  Please don't expect lots of comprehensive lists of data and stuff though unless it's community driven. I much prefer the subjective stuff like getting started tips and embark scenarios.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 24, 2015, 09:07:36 pm »

Edit: After I built the Tribal Wargear, I noticed that most of the reactions were red, with the exception of a handful, three I believe. Does it require Artisans to do the remaining reactions?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:23:28 am by RodriguesSting »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2015, 01:29:54 am »

Nope, just requires the right reagents, like anything else.

... edit ... FWIW, as far as I can see everything under the Tribal Wargear entry under buildings is still accurate

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:28:11 am by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 25, 2015, 02:26:15 am »

If I'm not mistaken you asked about Embark scenarios, although maybe you edited that question away?  They are currently in the "Getting Started" page, hidden until you expand the link "Click to show embark profiles".  (they're no longer their own page, i guess for symmetry so that every race has the same pages?  /shrug)

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:14 am »

As it did not get any immediate answer, I thought it was a silly question and "refurbished" the post with another, more relevant question. Nonetheless, thanks for replying both.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #473 on: February 25, 2015, 06:58:04 am »

Smake, anything on Orc Fortress for the new version?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 27, 2015, 05:27:58 am »

No, sorry, IRL events preventing me from having game time right now.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 27, 2015, 11:22:05 pm »

I can't find this information anywhere, but as the question is related to orcs, I will ask it here.

Are bone crafts, weapons and whatsoever more valuable than wood and stone crafts? And by how much decorating with bone increases the value?

Also, I should use bone for crafting at all, or should try to save as much as possible for iron-bone?

Edit: I also remember reading on the wiki that the weapon quality can affect its killing power. Does the same applies to ranged weapons, like bows or atlatls?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:36:11 pm by RodriguesSting »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 27, 2015, 11:41:37 pm »

They're not particularly valuable but orcs (except Olog) level bonecrafting faster than stonecrafting.  I usually find that something other than bone is the limiting reagent for ironbone weapons, because new supply of raw materials is always walking into the fortress.

The value of a decorated object is complicated because the trade price supposedly depends on whether the buyers' civilization like the topic of the artwork.

Don't sell totems, they're more valuable to exchange for coin at the freelancer if you're planning on raiding at all.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 27, 2015, 11:48:47 pm »

Edit: I also remember reading on the wiki that the weapon quality can affect its killing power. Does the same applies to ranged weapons, like bows or atlatls?

Yeah, the quality of the ranged weapon affects accuracy, not damage.  The quality and material of the arrows affect damage.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2015, 12:08:19 am »

Yeah, the quality of the ranged weapon affects accuracy, not damage.  The quality and material of the arrows affect damage.

And the material, on the case, affects the weapon value and how well it fare on melee, I presume. Many thanks for the answers, and will have the totens in mind, I do plan to raid, that's how I want to get metal, after all. That and trading, of course...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 28, 2015, 01:11:53 am »

No problem good luck :D
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46