Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81550 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #630 on: July 25, 2015, 04:30:41 pm »

I've yet to lose an urukh or olog in combat, and the only time I lost a plain orc was because the moron charged like 20 humans clad in steel by himself. What are you fighting against that's getting your men killed like that? Even hill titans aren't a threat to my 20 swordmasters/macelords
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 25, 2015, 05:12:43 pm »

Elves in the first year while we're still using stone clubs, dwarven javelin masters, automaton riflemen, iron men in the deep caverns, demons.  But yeah, uruks and ologs are probably in for a little bit of a balance pass in Reborn.

Forest spiders.  Water dragons.  Back in the old days, Dwarves riding VCCs or accompanied by lots of golems, and elves riding magmahounds.  Centaurs, in the first year.  Husks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:18:32 pm by smakemupagus »

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 25, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »

Wow, lol. I've been going on five or six years in this fort and the worst I've had to deal with was a plague wraith and some humans in steel. I even made sure I was close to my enemies so they could siege me. Guess I'm just getting unlucky
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 25, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »

I feel a little silly for losing more orcs to gnomes than anything else...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 25, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »

Yeah, lol.  There's something about those screwdrivers they wield, or something.  Maybe it's just easy to underestimate them...

Eko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 28, 2015, 04:56:10 pm »

Hi!  You may remember me from such failed projects as The Naga!

I hate myself for leaving so suddenly and without anything to show for my work.  I might pick it back up again, but I promise that this time I'll only post if I have something to show for it.

The reason that I'm posting in this thread is that I have something to show for myself.  I did a quick and dirty update of the orcs to 2014.  What I mean by "Quick and dirty" is actually "Mostly Broken".  That said, there's enough here to get a decent game out of the raws.  I've added the weapons, with what I think is decent approximations of numbers based off of similar items in the 2014 vanilla raws.  I did a quick once-over of the pets, and with one exception (some color token...) no errors.  I can't get the entity file to recognize the weapons yet, but I've spent several hours on the files, and I'm probably missing something stupid.  Lastly, this does not include the scripts, at all, so the magic/trigger stuff doesn't seem to work all that well.  I think some reactions worked? I can't really tell because I'm pretty bad at orcs and really only use the weapons/ologs/snaga (non-magic) in all the games I play, so I have no experience to really tell what all works/doesn't. 

I uploaded this to github.  I plan on doing any/all work I do for any project in the future on a site like github so that should I give up randomly again (sorry about that), there will be files for others that they can pick up and do whatever with.  If Smake/Meph/anyone else who does masterwork-y stuff wants owner of the github project, just send me a PM, and I'll make it happen. 

Also, the converse, if you want it off of github for whatever reason, just say the word, and I'll delete it all.

https://github.com/Empyrial/OrcNew

Enjoy!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 28, 2015, 05:24:00 pm »

Hi Eko,

Welcome back!

I welcome other people doing whatever they like with Orcs, but I won't be using or participating in Github for my own development. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #637 on: July 29, 2015, 04:53:44 am »

Eko, please upload whatever you wrote a year ago on the Naga.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 05, 2015, 08:17:18 am »

Hey everyone!

First orc fortress. Going pure tribal. No mining, no metalworking.

I've got clay and fireclay, but I can't seem to find the building for shaping it, just roasting it. I know the factory can make bricks, but not statues and pots and such. Where's the "pottery" building for orcs?

EDIT: Found it in the Raws. Muckraker.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:24:11 am by DoX »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 05, 2015, 11:51:25 am »

Hey DoX,

Let me know how the muckraker works for you -- it was a late addition to the mod because the way clay-working is handled in Masterwork had changed (and I understood these changes imperfectly), so it's not tested as well as most of the other features.

To build each muckraker you'll need a goblin migrant (object) either from the Raider's Dock or from the Shadowbroker.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #640 on: August 06, 2015, 07:27:36 am »

The "new" clay shaping stuff was written by someone else who wanted to improve the kobold mode, I thought it was neat. It just adds an extra step, instead of "clay = earthen/stoneware object" its just "clay = clay object = earthern/stoneware object".

So instead of putting a boulder of clay in a kiln, they shape a boulder of clay into the desired clay item in a workshop, then fire that clay item in the kiln.

+5% failure rate for impure clay/cracking when firing.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 06, 2015, 10:01:34 am »

Yeah it's a nice idea in abstract, but I don't care for it in game, because all those intermediate tool-objects are a little bit of a pain to stockpile.  For me personally it's not an improvement over the vanilla system in terms of fun.  There's always glazing if one wants extra complexity in their earth wares, anyway, and that works a bit better with stockpiles.  (... admittedly this is probably because orc mode has already overloaded tool stockpiles with other stuff, blueprints and magic doodads and battle standards)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:06:13 am by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #642 on: August 08, 2015, 09:22:32 am »

True. The stockpiling is weird, because it's all tools, not furniture. I'll leave it out of the new Masterwork.

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2015, 03:30:19 pm »

Hey i'm not sure if this is active anymore or not but i tried playing an orc fortress and it seems Dwarf Therapists wont let me change labors is this meant to happen or not and how do i fix it?

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 28, 2015, 04:30:32 pm »

Hey i'm not sure if this is active anymore or not but i tried playing an orc fortress and it seems Dwarf Therapists wont let me change labors is this meant to happen or not and how do i fix it?

Generally I find that if no one else if having the issue then a clean reinstall will fix it. Just delete the folder and download the game again.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46