Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81687 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 06:46:32 am »

I'm having issues trying to embark as orcs -- It shows generic same-name stuff for all digging implements and most weapons but the digging implements can't actually be used to dig.  Sorry for being noobish but I'm excited to try some of these new civs but I keep running into issues :(
Could you give more infos?

You set orcs as playable in the gui.
You maybe disabled all other races as playable in the gui.
You genned a new world and embarked as orcs.
You have picks. Because orcs still use normal picks to mine... and they dont work?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

laurief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 07:37:09 am »

I have proplem trying to play as orcs.
The problem is that I cant find them on the world map as neighbors so I can select them. I have generated 4 or 5 worlds so far with no luck.
Am I doing something wrong? I have enable them as playable race from GUI.

Also I had some crushes with recommended world generation and V5.0x

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 07:39:23 am »

try disabling all the other races as playable , than gen a new world. This way you can only get worlds with playable orcs.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 02:26:13 pm »

I'm having issues trying to embark as orcs -- It shows generic same-name stuff for all digging implements and most weapons but the digging implements can't actually be used to dig.  Sorry for being noobish but I'm excited to try some of these new civs but I keep running into issues :(
Could you give more infos?

You set orcs as playable in the gui.
You maybe disabled all other races as playable in the gui.
You genned a new world and embarked as orcs.
You have picks. Because orcs still use normal picks to mine... and they dont work?

No, the picks are not showing up as selectable.  Just generic weapon-type names for it all.  Just jaguar warrior arms of different materials under Digging implements and stuff like toothed spears, generic 'weapon', air blaster, shock batons and stuff like that under the weapons tab.  No axes for trees or picks for mining so I can't actually harvest building materials :(
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:45:06 pm by capennington »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 02:53:07 pm »

you got messed up raws. Did you unpack the new version into the old?

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 03:00:48 pm »

it's possible.  I will download a new one and delete the old folder -- see if that clears it up.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 12:58:53 am »

Been messing around with Orcs lately.

Found an odd glitch... twice in a row, now (had to abandon the first fort, after my hunters were eaten by drakes), the first caravan I've gotten is a Goblin Caravan, which shows up with trolls pulling wagons.  Each time, it's been a completely empty caravan, that doesn't actually have anything available to trade.

Something seems wrong with this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 05:48:17 am »

Been messing around with Orcs lately.

Found an odd glitch... twice in a row, now (had to abandon the first fort, after my hunters were eaten by drakes), the first caravan I've gotten is a Goblin Caravan, which shows up with trolls pulling wagons.  Each time, it's been a completely empty caravan, that doesn't actually have anything available to trade.

Something seems wrong with this.
What version are you playing? Because that bug had been reported in 5.03 and has been fixed since. And the trolls are intended for Goblins, they are their pack animals.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »

Ah; yeah, that's it.  I'm still on 5.03; guess it's time to update.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 05:45:13 pm »

Has the magic system been touched at all?

Last time I had a mildly successful orc fort, half of the magic spells didn't work. Notably, none of the weapons or dreamcatchers actually gave the abilities they were supposed to. The reaction to turn dreamwalkers into other classes also didn't really work.

If it hasn't been touched, I might roll a new orc fort and see if I can get that far in to do some testing.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2014, 09:38:47 am »

Forced sieges aren't working with the Drydock.

"Caravan, diplomat, and siege require a civilization ID to be included".

That's in a world with dwarves still alive (they sieged me a year prior).

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 09:49:03 am »

The reaction to transform a dreamwalker into a sorcerer seems to still not really work. I used it, and nothing happened besides losing the talisman.

The sorcerers I do have also didn't gain any skills from equipping a wraithblade. They also didn't gain and spells from the mojo reactions at the Altar of Storms.

Basically it's just completely broken.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2014, 10:09:46 am »

The reaction to transform a dreamwalker into a sorcerer seems to still not really work. I used it, and nothing happened besides losing the talisman.

The sorcerers I do have also didn't gain any skills from equipping a wraithblade. They also didn't gain and spells from the mojo reactions at the Altar of Storms.

Basically it's just completely broken.
This is strange, because Smake wrote that, and I know it worked. There have been next to no changes on Orc mode. Does dfhack show any error messages? maybe WOKER_ID somethings, or mentioning of itemsyndrome ?

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 10:14:03 am »

I'll try it again, gimme a sec.

Worked that time >_>

Maybe because he was in a squad when I tried it the first time? I don't know. As always, the way to fix a bug is to report it then try to recreate it.

Tried it again and it didn't work again. Seems pretty hit or miss...is it only a percent chance? Then, it worked again on the second try.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:18:58 am by omniclasm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2014, 10:23:34 am »

Maybe the Orc transformations stem from a time before AutoSyndrome was included in dfhack, or the raws are not updated to fit dfhack R4 ?

After Smake left no one worked on the Orcs for a long time, till McTeellox started doing rebalancing, but he didnt knew enough about the raws to spot things like that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46