Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 82758 times)

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2014, 01:36:11 am »

That would probably explain some things, I thought it was only the workshop that became limited in that way. Thanks for the information.

Edit: These macuahuitls work pretty well. Two of my uruks and their dire wolf back up just massacred a dozen dwarves who thought they were better equipped. Four of them were dead before they knew what was going on. Another four were run down, I had never seen such trails of blood. The last four managed to escape, I hope the come back with more. It was all the uruks and their blades, the wolves were really just a bit of distraction.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:11:34 am by -Nihil- »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2014, 11:01:47 am »

Yeah the macuahuitls have quite large contact area so there are pretty much two modes: glances off the armor, or total bloodbath :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2014, 11:05:04 am »

Yeah the macuahuitls have quite large contact area so there are pretty much two modes: glances off the armor, or total bloodbath :)

Which makes headshots quite useless against anyone with helmets with them sadly, but that's what the jaguar kit is for.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2014, 11:11:42 am »

Thats pretty much what a macuahitl does in real life.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2014, 06:32:43 pm »

Thats pretty much what a macuahitl does in real life.

I remember an account of one cutting a horse's head off. It was left hanging by just a thing piece of skin.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:24 am »

Ok we have a small problem. someone just necroed the old Orc questions thread and now this new current up to date one is on the second page.

I think we need to lock the old one to prevent this from happening again

Here is the question that necroed the thread
How do I get orcs to use the freelancer's guild? I enabled pottery for all my orcs, but no one is attempting the jobs I assign.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:50:55 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2014, 10:54:03 am »

I believe it's the Engineering or the Writing skill.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2014, 10:56:52 am »

k ill just copy and paste this on the necroed thread and then we can lock it
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ferals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »

Since it's my first post there, hello everyone!
Now, back to business - i've got hooked up by masterwork for a while now, and lately i've decided to try other races. I've menaged to mess a little with warlocks, made world with succubi, but no matter how hard i try to play orcs, i just cant. It rejecects any custom world i try to make (Garden of Gaia, gears of war, etc). I havent really touched settings, except for things like no harder mining etc (im still getting grasp of this fail simulator ^^). Any ideas how to deal with it?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2014, 03:08:42 am »

Since it's my first post there, hello everyone!
Now, back to business - i've got hooked up by masterwork for a while now, and lately i've decided to try other races. I've menaged to mess a little with warlocks, made world with succubi, but no matter how hard i try to play orcs, i just cant. It rejecects any custom world i try to make (Garden of Gaia, gears of war, etc). I havent really touched settings, except for things like no harder mining etc (im still getting grasp of this fail simulator ^^). Any ideas how to deal with it?
Try changing the number of civilisations in the world, I had the same problem once and that fixed it IIRC.

ferals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2014, 07:23:31 am »

I've just tried to change it up a bit - from 5-20 more than original and down to 10 less than in templates, still no difference sadly. It's kinda weird since i have no problem with getting other races rdy to play :/ Well gotta try to mess it even more, maybe i'll get the right numbers for myself

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2014, 07:45:16 am »

The world gen I use ('Many biomes', with 50 years history) usually has 1 of each playable civ, and even a second human civ.

When adding many fortress defense civs, it starts to get a bit messier, because it's that much more civs for the spots, and some of them can actually wipe out standard civs pretty fast.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2014, 08:36:37 am »

Are you somehow creating a world with no legal starting biomes for orcs?  (. I am afk can't check what those are or tinker with it.  Probably neutral tiaga and steppe, which might be rare in certain kinds of worlds).  I never had this problem though.

ferals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2014, 04:42:27 pm »

Hmm i never thought about that it could be fortress defense races, ye i've got some enabled,gotta turn them off and try it out. Also for biomes idk, i've tried just using templates tweaked a bit with civilisation number. Anyway i'll see if it will work without fortress defense races.

#edit 1
just removed all fortress defense races and changed end year to 50, still the same, used the same template as you(Garden of Gaia was it). Tried Geomagic too, but there was no difference.

#edit 2
Well that's weird, i've tried to gen world as orcs on clear masterwork (just unpacked it again) and it works, still idk what could cause the problem, i havent really touched too many settings, especially if it comes to things that could be game-changing (well no aquifiers, no harder-mining etc stuff).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:56:48 pm by ferals »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »

I play with fort defense all the time, so it's not like it's totally incompatible
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46