Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81516 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2014, 06:43:49 pm »

Archer is the generic skill that improves aim when throwing or shooting "ammo"- which might mean anything from bolts and arrows shot by a marks-person, to chairs thrown during a tantrum, to other creatures thrown by a wrestling grapple. (This is why after a round of tantrums there might be forbidden furniture all over the place, because thrown furniture is spent "ammo" and spent ammo is forbidden by default.) Bowman is the weapon skill, you want both- just like comparing "Swordsperson" to "Fighter".
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:48:22 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2014, 10:55:46 pm »

Is there any way to save a warrior who gets hit by a Frostskald's ice blast? They're really awesome, but they keep hitting my own side.

Also, HOLY FUCK GIANT WOLVERINES EVERYWHERE WHY.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2014, 11:51:08 pm »

Is there any way to save a warrior who gets hit by a Frostskald's ice blast? They're really awesome, but they keep hitting my own side.

Also, HOLY FUCK GIANT WOLVERINES EVERYWHERE WHY.

Dunno.  Maybe surgery will help?  ???

(orcs don't have malpractice lawyers right?)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2014, 08:43:49 am »

Turns out not giving a ranged fighter (dreamwalker with gnarled magestaff/magic ammo) armour because he's meant to fight from afar is a bad idea. The little fucker sprinted right past the guarding group of swordsorcs into the thick of a bunch of Speardwarves and was torn apart. Now I only have one doctor who spends most of his time on break. In other news I'm on my third Warchief after the previous two died even though I gave them mithril armour. Also, the Treesinger's Pagoda needs some new stuff to it - I only ever use it once to make some greatbows (if I don't already have the Ancient Foundry) and I never use it again, seems a bit of a waste. Maybe make treants or something?

P.S. What is the nerve staple good for? I used it on a couple of orcs and now they're just useless.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:47:39 am by Gamerlord »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2014, 09:51:42 am »

>> Maybe make treants or something?

Yeah, good idea. 

>> P.S. What is the nerve staple good for? I used it on a couple of orcs and now they're just useless.

Is an Alpha Centauri reference, the ultimate police state preventive action to crack down on the drone riots.  It's supposed to be a  measure to stop tantrumers/borderline berzerkers before they go melancholy or on a rampage (giving them NOEMOTION, making them blind, and reducing their speed).  How useless are they?  I thought they should be fine on low skill jobs.  If it's making the stapled workers really useless i'll tweak it, reducing the speed penalty, or making the effect wear off after a (long) time. 

There's tobacco now from rat weed, which is a better happyness solution for productive citizens.

edit.
one application i like (the idea anyway... is not well tested yet) nerve stapling  for is if you're in a world in which you've had an unhappy or even abandoned fort, and you start a new one, it sometimes happens that you can get waves of semi-murderous migrants.  Run all the newcomers through the nerve stapling chambers rather than wait for some fell mood to strike or an angry Olog to punt your shaman into the volcano.  Other users had asked for a way to blind siege operators.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:42:09 pm by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2014, 10:26:44 pm »

Weirdly enough I haven't seen an Olog since the update.

Kbarbarossa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 22, 2014, 12:32:53 pm »

If your're adding stuff to the Treesinger's Pagoda, you should put in some more reactions relating to mithril, considering the elves skill with the material as it seems a bit sparse. Also, perhaps more reaction for the farmed trees?

Just be careful not to do too much, these are orcs, not elves, after all. ;)

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2014, 03:49:52 pm »

Weirdly enough I haven't seen an Olog since the update.

I think Ologs are a lot less common now, about the rarity of Ronin.  I was checking the manual the other day and it says it's about a 5% chance, I feel like it was a much higher chance before
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2014, 10:14:36 pm »

I've ran into a pretty strange bug.  Using the official main MWDF download 6.1.  Masterwork tileset with ironhand walls.  Plaing in orc mode.  I've been constructing totem poles and within a few seconds they are auto deconstructing.  The totem remains but the wood used in the building is gone afterwards.  It's not a fire or anything like that from too hot of an environment and other wood structures are staying up.  But every totem pole just disappears and leaves a totem after a few real life seconds.

Any ideas?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »

I think you need to build them above ground.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2014, 10:24:45 pm »

I think you need to build them above ground.

I tried both above and below ground.  I pause quickly in succession and see that the wood turns from (wood) into x(wood)x for a brief moment before disappearing.  Any idea what this means?  Other wood buildings I have aren't doing that.

When I select the wood inside the totem with x(wood)x it says "the item is showing some wear."

*edit* I'm happy to report that the last one I built stayed up.  The ones disappearing were occurring in mid summer. I'm still in midsummer but a bit later and it's raining.  That being said it doesn't get hot enough in my region for water to evaporate, grass stays green, and no other wood buildings were doing this.  Strange, I'll see if the totem stays up through the next summer.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:43:50 pm by kamikazi1231 »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2014, 11:29:45 pm »

Try spawning nether cap with hackwish if it becomes a huge problem. That ought to fix it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2014, 11:44:51 pm »

I've ran into a pretty strange bug.  Using the official main MWDF download 6.1.  Masterwork tileset with ironhand walls.  Plaing in orc mode.  I've been constructing totem poles and within a few seconds they are auto deconstructing.  The totem remains but the wood used in the building is gone afterwards.  It's not a fire or anything like that from too hot of an environment and other wood structures are staying up.  But every totem pole just disappears and leaves a totem after a few real life seconds.

Any ideas?

Sorry, i have no idea, it hasn't happened to me.  anyone else getting this too?

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2014, 03:47:20 pm »

Didn't orcs have some sort of building that allowed the mass production of blocks for above ground constructions? I remember them having this building, but looking through the manual gives me no dice.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2014, 03:59:37 pm »

Factory or Goblin Sawmill Shanty
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46