Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81460 times)

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #570 on: April 18, 2015, 11:34:12 am »

So a little bit more research showed it may be an ammo stockpile bug from .34, removing the ammo stockpile and creating a new one seems to have fixed it for the most part, but my lone corsair musketman still doesnt seem to want to touch my brass bullets. Oh well

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 18, 2015, 12:40:18 pm »

Sorry, I don't generally have problems with ammo, not sure what to suggest beyond the same tricks you would also tinker with in vanilla.  Don't keep musketman in same squad with other ammo, each squad should be one ammo type.  Check on squad screen who has actually claimed ammo, could be claimed by a hunter.  If so reduce hunter allotment or produce more.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:45:54 pm by smakemupagus »

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 18, 2015, 12:53:00 pm »

Thanks for the tips smake! Any idea when orcs will make it into reborn?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 18, 2015, 11:33:08 pm »

Absolutely no idea, I have two very small baby humans out here in direct space.  Meph has offered to help with the port if I can't do it, so it will happen sooner or later!

Tzyx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 24, 2015, 04:33:12 pm »

I got a carp god conspiracy today. my orcs were turning into acolytes constantly and i can't build a ward of armok like dwarves can. Any idea how i find out who the cult leader is?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 24, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »

If all you're reporting is the term "acolyte" appearing, that's the orcish priest profession name and is perfectly normal.  If there is really something carp related happening it is a severe bug and please upload the save.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 25, 2015, 10:14:33 am »

I noticed orcs with that title were usually dreamwalkers and frostskalds so be careful of them

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 25, 2015, 05:45:22 pm »

Dreamwalkers are 100% safe if you don't equip them with dangerous equipment.  They have no spells intrinsically. 

dimescion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 26, 2015, 11:28:57 am »

Is there a way you can get lots of obsidian without embarking both near a river/lake/ocean and volcano?

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 26, 2015, 11:52:54 am »

Well if you have a river you can funnel water down to the magma sea but it will ruin your fps

dimescion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 26, 2015, 12:06:27 pm »

Thanks!

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 26, 2015, 12:18:28 pm »

In my next orc fortress I am gonna have all my frostskalds locked in a dungeon, only releasing them to kamikaze the enemy during sieges.

Also anyone have cool ideas for a fort layout? My usual square fort with fortifications on the second level is uninspired and really boring

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 26, 2015, 03:15:46 pm »

Well if you have a river you can funnel water down to the magma sea but it will ruin your fps

Yep, this!  Sometimes the deep caverns will have a lake, too, which is renewable if it touches the edge of the map. 

If you're lucky in raiding or find a Blood of Armok, you can make a Fluid Source building that fills tramcarts with magma or water.

dimescion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 26, 2015, 04:29:03 pm »

In my next orc fortress I am gonna have all my frostskalds locked in a dungeon, only releasing them to kamikaze the enemy during sieges.

Also anyone have cool ideas for a fort layout? My usual square fort with fortifications on the second level is uninspired and really boring

One word: Magmamoat

I heard somewhere that in real life forts were often triangular for some reason. Due to the square tiles your orcs will move faster diagonally than they would in real life.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 25, 2015, 01:38:34 pm »

Yeah, I also get many less scalps and souls than I have dead enemies, which i don't really understand either.  Possibly, just need more tanners and totem poles, to preserve the items before they go bad, as you said.

I have the same problem. Which is why I always complain about why they don't just use totems. If you don't get around to processing that skull for a few weeks, it's still a skull ... but a scalp is dried up jerky and a soul is ... well, I don't know what an expired soul is. :)

As was mentioned, a skull could be from anything, including domestic animals. The scalp system means you *have* to fight, as they're only dropped by the Great Races (whatever they happen to be now). :)

In my orcish forts, each citizen had their own three-level dwelling, consisting of their living quarters, personal workshop, and tomb. When an enemy is slain, their skulls were used to decorate the tomb, making it more and more badass until the orc falls in battle and their death celebrated. Consequently, I made sure that skulls didn't have any competing uses; I didn't want folks to feel torn between utility and decorating the halls with skulls of their enemies. :)

(Also... hello again, everyone!)

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46