Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 81417 times)

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #600 on: May 27, 2015, 11:56:12 pm »

Animals added, values adjusted, file uploaded, time for testing.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10889

Anyone out there that is playing orc fort it would be greatly appreciated if you install these modifications for your next fort.

New additions are as follows:

Arctic Foxes: Small mammal, hunts vermin, valuable pelts
Stag Moose: Large mammal, milkable, useful for meat industry
Caribou: Medium mammal, milkable, useful for meat industry
Grouse: Small bird, lays eggs

Grazing requirements are determined based on body mass and significantly more land is required than previous versions. Let me know if you have trouble with pasture space for any of the animals in particular. Mumaks should require a 10x10 pasture each but more may be necessary due to their grass trample value.

All of the values I used were based on real world equivalents and as such they may be unbalanced for gameplay. I will likely nerf the birth rate of some of these animals for the next release. I have not modified the pet values(how much they cost) any as I would like to see how valuable the current versions are in game first. So let me know how useful you feel each of the animals(both new and old) are.

Please let me know of any balance suggestions you may have or if you feel a certain role needs more options for the player.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2015, 02:25:36 am »

Nihil, could you please keep me in the loop when you do raw changes/updates? If I know about them, I can check them and incorporate them into the 40.x version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 01, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »

Nihil, could you please keep me in the loop when you do raw changes/updates? If I know about them, I can check them and incorporate them into the 40.x version.

Sure, I have not updated these for v40 yet. I will send you a message when I have done so.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #603 on: June 02, 2015, 03:02:00 am »

Oh, sorry, I thought you started updating things. Now I understand, you are adding more content to 34.11. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2015, 04:52:11 am »

None of my Squigs are breeding, I have 2 Breeders and one of every other kind and i am not getting any Squig Pups

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2015, 09:26:26 am »

Squigs lay eggs in the current version, unless you installed Nihil's New Orcish Animals mini mod

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 02, 2015, 02:09:16 am »

I just found a Fluid Source Blueprint and its not in the manual. I would like to use it to magma but don't want to mess with that until I know more.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 02, 2015, 10:02:04 am »

You should just play around with it -- it doesn't explode, or anything.  If you know minecarts and have a bit of intuition for how liquids splash coming out of minecarts, it's safe to experiment with.  (i.e. -- you might want to drop the magma more than 1 z level to avoid splashback)

* The Manager on repeat (fill magmatanker) combined with the minecart interface (push when more than half full, for example) works fine
* Remember that magma evaporates, so you don't want to try to fill a huge space all at once.  You can easily fill a small cistern and use floodgate plumbing to fill a forge area, or deploy the liquids more controllably for aquifer/obsidian/etc. over some time.
* Lever actuated, Windmill powered pumps over a fluidcaster filled cistern are the most reliable weaponization I've come up with

Quote from: manual
Fluidcaster

Our outriders have been tracking a number of new dwarven settlements in the contested frontier. As you know, we track these settlements closely since dwarves are prone to maddeningly stupid behavior, and failed fortresses might as well be free loot. This settlement we're visiting today is the key one -- yes, warchief, it is on an aquifer. Yes, on a carp breeding ground, exactly. They might as well start crafting their own gabbro coffins? Yes, warchief, that's what we thought as well. What's more, they just drilled straight down into the aquifer like a addleheaded human child. Yes, warchief, it is madness.

There, on the edge of the, do you see this building? It has wheelbarrels of coal going in? Those are tankers coming out. Tankers? It is like a mine-cart, but see how it is full of water? Yes. Well, yesterday it was full of liquid fire. Many coal loads went in, and many tankers of liquid fire came out, and then the dwarves went back into the pit with their picks. Yes, I'm sure. Yes, two of them came running out with their beards on fire afterwards. Yes, warchief, it is madness.

...You are pretty sure that your scouts are not creative enough to spin this tall tale with no basis. But, is it really possible the dwarves have this technology?? If so, is it possible that the little bearded marvels are so stupid to deploy it for mining an aquifer in some third-rate provence forty league south of the middle of nowhere?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:17:27 am by smakemupagus »

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 06, 2015, 06:14:42 pm »

What do i do with scalps?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 06, 2015, 09:10:31 pm »

What do i do with scalps?

For orcs, I believe that would be making Honor Standards in the vanilla craftsman shop, which you need to make the Mead Hall and I think Society Arms Kits in there.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:50 pm »

How old do orcs live? I have a few orcs in my fortress that are around 70 years old and still kicking, but one of my urukhs is TWELVE YEARS OLD and has already reached Legendary swordsorc. Are they immortal? Or are they very very short lived and the 70 year olds are just aberrations? Cause if not, I have 12 year olds in my army that rip fully grown humans and elves to shreds.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 15, 2015, 01:04:32 pm »

Orcs will die of old age between 80 and 110 years of age.

Orcs reach adulthood at 5 years of age.

They grow quickly, have a lifespan greater than humans, but shorter than dwarves.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 15, 2015, 02:25:31 pm »

They grow quickly, have a lifespan greater than humans, but shorter than dwarves.

Humans go from 60 to 120. Humans live slightly longer at max and have a much larger "randomly falls over dead" range, while orcs have a smaller range and live slightly shorter lives.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 15, 2015, 03:37:41 pm »

Humans go from 60 to 120. Humans live slightly longer at max and have a much larger "randomly falls over dead" range, while orcs have a smaller range and live slightly shorter lives.

The average orc will live until 95, the average human until 90.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 17, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »

Smake I am sure you get tired of hearing this but is there an eta on orcs reborn? I don't really like succubi or gnomes and I doubt humans are coming I  any time soon so I have been sticking to old versions, but I miss climbing and big trees
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46