Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123119 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:01 pm »

The chastidy belt was not a real suggestion ^^ I just thought it was funny/fits the theme.

Btw, you got a typo in the basilisk: [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:0:START:0::PEAK:150:END:200]. I fixed it in the release version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 04:33:30 pm »

You say we sould try embarking on an evil biome, but wont the undead just attack them? Or do you mean that they would gain buffs from the biome interactions?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 04:42:23 pm »

The undead still attack them. And the procedually generated rains and effects are still negative. I am not sure about the positive effects of evil biomes on them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »

long ago there was a concubine for dwarfs, it was a pet that you could buy; embark and caravan.  these 'pets' did nothing but produce children, although ones brought at embark could be given stuff to do through therapist

idk if it's possible but that was one way of getting around marriage
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 06:33:59 pm »

iirc toady asked him to remove that.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 10:54:53 pm »

Which building category is the Attorney's Stock under?

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 12:10:20 am »

Here some ideas:
Succubi cant breed, but can summon new succubi in lategame reactions.
Slave caste, wich do all dirty work, like skeletons for warlocks, u need to capture them on raids and convert them.
Sins elements (with soul mechanics), like element of pain that can be gathered from torturing prisoner or slave in torture room, or lust elemnt, and ect. They can be used to speacial meals to succubi, bc as demons they must eat such dark energy) And for some special steelgrade metals maybe, and rituals ofc)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:55:58 am by Crysalis »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 12:21:08 am »

Here some ideas:
Slave caste, wich do all dirty work, like skeletons for warlocks, u need to capture them on raids and convert them.
I'd rather not have the same features in several civs. Slave castes dont work well anyway, because of the civ graphics: They would look like Succubi. And they already have the prisoner conversion. ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 03:07:49 am »

It's a workshop, you will find it under 'succubus ritual'.

You can already enslave prisoners but they only hang around the meeting hall, protecting the succubi if needed. If the near future they will join as full citizen. The problem with castes right now is that they conflict with some the fire immunity upgrade (and giving fire immune to everyone is overkill). If I add PET to anyone for now, it leads to a lot of birth and gameplay wise it is more annoying then fun.

I might split the temple of sin for each sin, so it will be clearer to create specific elements. The current temple is there because I do not have enough reactions for each sin yet. I was wondering about the best way to eat soul, turning them at the temple of gluttony for edible material is a great idea.

There is one steel grade metal, summon basilisks and shear them. Their horns can be smelted into basiliskine, a light version of steel that is okay for edged weapons and armor. Making steel grade leather by combining several pieces is planned too.

One of the late goals is to summon succubi too. To be more specific to summon a dead succubi back. you would get a pop up with a list of dead citizens to call back. But that's a far fetched idea with a lot of pitfalls.

I'll get on evil biomes after emptying my debugging queue. Randomly generated weathers will always be bad, and zombies will still attack you. I cannot do much for the former, but perhaps I can a spell that removes opposed to life. For now, Cauchemars will not get mad from eating evil grass and the biomes have 2 surface plants that boost your succubi when they drink their wines.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 03:14:12 am »

(and giving fire immune to everyone is overkill)
I dont think it is. Magma-immune, yes, but fire? You would already lose all your items/clothing, which is bad enough. But a fireproof civ that has no real problem with setting the surface on fire would be nice. You say that Succubi are demons, but all procedually generated demons are magmaproof. I think it would fit to make Succubi at least fireproof.

I might split the temple of sin for each sin
Roses building upgrade system works beautifully for this. You only need one temple in the buildmenu then, and can add 7 reactions to update it, one each :) Are you going by the 7 deadly sins?

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 03:17:19 am »

I can only see the Den of Iniquity, the Summoning Circle, and the two Temples under that category. I cannot find it under furnaces either. Maybe it is bugged?

E: Windows, current version, MS Obsidian tileset

As a side note, is there any documentation on what the Fountain of Blood is supposed to do?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:28:02 am by Hotawotwot »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 03:32:57 am »

I can only see the Den of Iniquity, the Summoning Circle, and the two Temples under that category. I cannot find it under furnaces either. Maybe it is bugged?

As a side note, is there any documentation on what the Fountain of Blood is supposed to do?

It should be under the abyssal temple, the shortcut is alt+x.

For now the fountain on blood does nothing, it will quench the thirst of vampires at some point.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 03:58:59 am »

For now the fountain on blood does nothing, it will quench the thirst of vampires at some point.
Tried it and still nothing. Here's a screenshot of my workshops screen for reference.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 09:45:41 am »

So since succubi have been added do you want us to major test it meph?

Edit- Also whats with the guide for them being emtpy?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:51:43 am by danmanthedog »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 10:04:47 am »

Tried it and still nothing. Here's a screenshot of my workshops screen for reference.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are probably using a previous version of the civ, the one provided with the MDF download should have the attorney as intended.

The manual is still being written. I will it here for proofreading in a couple of days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43