Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 122428 times)

Majoras123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 10:14:40 am »

Are the deep succubi going to be added,or have you already started the integration of both kinds of succubi? Or am I just dumb and they're in there already?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 10:42:04 am »

Are the deep succubi going to be added,or have you already started the integration of both kinds of succubi? Or am I just dumb and they're in there already?

Deep succubi will not be added as a civ in masterwork. Mainly because with all the races there is less space to play with. However their content is being migrated to the main civ. You can already build their temples and corruption is coming next.

If possible I'll try to have a 'deep mode' setting that removes caravans and add utterances. In that case you will get the deep succubi as you already know.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:49:50 am by Boltgun »

Majoras123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »

OK, thanks. You've made a great mod and I'm interested to see how it grows  :D

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 01:48:03 pm »

OK, thanks. You've made a great mod and I'm interested to see how it grows  :D

You're welcome, making this mod is very... stimulating.  :P

Speaking of deep succubi, having migrated the temples really solved me a problem with rituals. So far is looked very kitchen sink, with most stuff stuck in the temple of sin, bringing unclear mechanics. Those have been spread over temples and regrouped by effects. All unit upgrades are in the temple of sin, global effects are in the esoteric order, conjuring items is in the abyssal temple. It should be easy to understand now.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 10:48:12 pm »

Is it at all possible to give blight orges jobs.
I wanted to used them to cut wood and mine because i don't want my ladies doing it.
It even lists them under citizens.
what the point of having them?
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 01:45:20 am »

Is it at all possible to give blight orges jobs.
I wanted to used them to cut wood and mine because i don't want my ladies doing it.
It even lists them under citizens.
what the point of having them?

No, DF cannot give job to anything that is not your fort's race. In fact it was not intended to give access to to blight ogres, the civ just happen to have met them during wold gen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 07:45:38 am »

Another thing I stumbled upon on the internet, maybe you can use it somehow:

Later traditions referred to many lamiae; these were folkloric monsters similar to vampires and succubi that seduced young men and then fed on their blood.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamia
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 02:18:07 am »

Another thing I stumbled upon on the internet, maybe you can use it somehow:

Later traditions referred to many lamiae; these were folkloric monsters similar to vampires and succubi that seduced young men and then fed on their blood.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamia

I'll keep that somewhere for a future interaction, or perhaps when I'll upgrade the prisoner corruption.

I worked on the manual so far, mainly buildings and tricks. Rituals has been rearranged by area of effect (one temple for creature upgrade, one for site effects, one for communication to the outside world and one for effects on invaders). Conjure slade have been moved to the attorney, as this building will be producing all kind of materials.

I also tested rendermax and the script hangs on furnaces somehow. Fps wise, it is sometimes a solid 150 and sometimes it suddenly drop to 40.

My newest fort in an evil biome almost got destroyed by a herd of nightmares. This is amazing how many creature MWDF will throw at your fort to destroy you. I will add an interaction to pacify demons at some point.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 05:10:05 am »

Maybe talk to IndigoFenix for a variation of his Druidism script. Make Succubi charm EVIL creatures. They dont care for animals, cavern monsters, etc, but when you embark on EVIL biomes, the non-undead creatures might join you.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 01:51:49 pm »

Maybe talk to IndigoFenix for a variation of his Druidism script. Make Succubi charm EVIL creatures. They dont care for animals, cavern monsters, etc, but when you embark on EVIL biomes, the non-undead creatures might join you.

This might work, I'd rather keep it for demon creatures (we have a class for this) so no charming of beak dogs and the like.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 01:54:27 pm »

But demons are only in the HFS.  Should breaching the circus be a good thing?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 02:23:27 pm »

Hmm... what if you could recruit demons, but you'd need to gain EVIL merit by tormenting your prisoners and acting in the most depraved manner possible?
Not really sure how you'd calculate that, though, since DF doesn't really have numbers for 'depravity'.  Counting the number of wounds on living creatures?  Making them as miserable as possible?  Can sapient pets have a happiness counter?  Not sure but I don't think so...

Ooh!  How about this: prisoners are a caste and therefore technically civ members, and therefore have a happiness rating, but you gain extra merit by keeping your prisoners happiness DOWN but without killing them.  THAT ought to be fun.  It might mess up migrations though, if half of your 'population' is miserable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »

This gets even worse than the DF forum in general.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 06:29:42 pm »

Well, this IS the bay12 and we are talking about living incarnations of lust running around :)here's my suggestion:add a few more "corrupt" castes( just like normal castes but maybe with a slightly different appearance and POP_RATIO 0.then make the most evil reactions(torture,demon summoning and such) have a chance to transform the succubi in a manner similar to the guilds.these champions of depravity and wickedness can be your elite,taking evil creatures to their side,benefitting from evil weathers,performing the evileat deeds in tour dungeon(maybe some reactions which release a syndrome stone which kills anyone else)... I've put a lot of thought on the matter of simulating evil and corruption because of a project I'm working on,but I'm typing from an iphone.i have more ideas, but I need a pc.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 02:33:30 am »

Well, this IS the bay12 and we are talking about living incarnations of lust running around :)here's my suggestion:add a few more "corrupt" castes( just like normal castes but maybe with a slightly different appearance and POP_RATIO 0.then make the most evil reactions(torture,demon summoning and such) have a chance to transform the succubi in a manner similar to the guilds.these champions of depravity and wickedness can be your elite,taking evil creatures to their side,benefitting from evil weathers,performing the evileat deeds in tour dungeon(maybe some reactions which release a syndrome stone which kills anyone else)... I've put a lot of thought on the matter of simulating evil and corruption because of a project I'm working on,but I'm typing from an iphone.i have more ideas, but I need a pc.

A first form of corruption will be back in the next update where you can transform prisoners into half breeds that retain some of their original race's traits plus more due to the madness inducing effect.

In addition, most rituals done in temples modify the succubus performing it based on sins, making her more prone to rage (wrath) or fatter (gluttony), etc. This is not easy to spot but checking the status screen you may notice sudden changes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:36:21 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43