Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123420 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #405 on: September 20, 2014, 09:35:58 am »

It should be in the furnace menu after finding lava. That should br no different from a there races.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2014, 05:03:21 pm »

Edit: ..Okay, weird.  I just had to abandon the fortress because everyone started bleeding to death from some cause I can't determine.  There were no forgotten beasts with deadly blood anywhere, the temperature is mild so no burning rains..and I'd cleaned everyone and everything of any contaminants.

dfhack's deathcause might help, if you've got a save laying about still.

So I'm thinking of firing up a Succubi game. However, I'm not even competent with vanilla dwarves, yet. Any pitfalls or earth-shattering bugs in MWDF 6.1 I should know of going in? ;)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2014, 11:21:06 pm »

Succubi is closer to vanilla if you don't build the summoning circle or temples so you can learn at your rate. They also immune to warpstone but lignite dust is still deadly.

I recommend looking at the summoning circle and well of souls first, then learn to corrupt prisoners.

The well of souls is an important resource producer, but it can be a bit tricky. You should place it in or behind the refuse stockpile. For some reasons the burrows bug seems to hit it often, making trapping souls in gem difficult. Placing a cut gem stockpile next to it seems to do the trick. Same thing about basilisk horns.

Biggest bug so far are the invasion tag not being lifted despite the elimination of the invaders. I don't think it is specific for succubi but since you cage and burn them a lot it is more likely. I am working on it, so far I found out that the altar or nightmares can trigger further invasions, possibly clearing the siege tag once defeated.

Late game, expect a lot of wildfires.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2014, 05:22:14 pm »

Late game, expect a lot of wildfires.

You see, it is possible to win Dwarf Fortress. Winning typically involves magma, wildfires, and various combinations of the two.

Oh... you may/probably already know, but the Warlord Entourage embark profile seems hosed - starting expedition members have "negative" scores meaning they get assigned more than is possible to assign them, and the overall embark profile seems to expect you to have many more embark points than the default. I can live with the first, but do you happen to know what embark point total it's targeted for?

I'm aware that I should be able to build a functional fort playing the same way that I would with vanilla dwarves. Is there anything they -cannot- produce that should be handled at embark or via trade? (think anvils in vanilla)

Final question is more generic. I want to try an evil embark, both because I'm told they enjoy it more, and because why not. However, I want to avoid being overrun with zombie skin and the like - is there any way to know ahead of time if a biome is reanimating?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:28:15 pm by draeath »
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 28, 2014, 07:10:01 am »

Final question is more generic. I want to try an evil embark, both because I'm told they enjoy it more, and because why not. However, I want to avoid being overrun with zombie skin and the like - is there any way to know ahead of time if a biome is reanimating?

Anything Haunted and above and you will run into the never dying.  Sinister is hit or miss, in my experience.  Mostly miss.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 28, 2014, 09:31:06 pm »

Indeed, should look for sinister and if it start with a rain of blood, you are in easy mode.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 29, 2014, 08:44:47 am »

Sweet, thank you both!

I'm sure I'll be back to play 200-newbie-questions later :P

Desimus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 29, 2014, 02:07:42 pm »

Anything Haunted and above and you will run into the never dying.  Sinister is hit or miss, in my experience.  Mostly miss.

Well guess there was something wrong with my world gen then since i embarked on a sinister biome and 2 ingame months later the undead never stopped appearing, i was doing so many Dump commands in order to take them to my atom smasher that i kinda stopped improving/digging my fort  :'( and even when i managed to get all of them more would appear after one ingame day. Also i'm on a Terrifying biome embark right now and... no undead... or reanimation at all...heck of a lot of slugman/snailman though *i used the F1 F2 commands to make sure i was only in the evil biome*.

Quick question.. is there a way to know if the evil embark you going to try has Dead grass? That kinda halted my progress on two other forts since i would run out of booze by winter and could not forage for more plants  :-[ .
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:10:24 pm by Desimus »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2014, 05:32:59 pm »

The sinister biomes are not all the same, there are a lot of rain and cloud types, not all of them reviving the undead.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 29, 2014, 08:34:31 pm »

Dead grass is evil biome is the same rule as normal biomes, it depends of temperature mostly. Otherwise, yes, it's a hit or miss.

I don't clearly remember but perhaps you can set the number of random evil clouds and such at worldgen. Setting it to 0 will lower the chance of undead biomes.

AquaMouser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 09, 2014, 11:56:41 am »

i had the neverending siege story bug aswell, so i made seperate save files, and started playing with dfhack.
What happend to my sieges, was that some invading animals were still alive and sticking on the map, but not counting as invaders, while still being there due to the invasion (if that makes some sense).

Same happend to some test forts i made (aka, give alot of pop, running at  max calender speed), every time the siege would not lift, it was cus of a sneaky lil bugger either with mounts, pets or sneaky gits still in stealth.

Hope that can help ya'll abit.

And have a question for you, after giving an answer (a question for a question and an answer for an answer :P) For the lovely lady fortress (succubi) and maybe other ones, i dunno, i only tend to play with ze ladies. About making clay stuff, am i right that i need a clay oven aswell as a pottery to finish the products? or am i overlooking things and it can all be done in 1 building?

Thanks in advance.

Aqua

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 09, 2014, 12:43:46 pm »

Thank you for the help, that is not as troublesome as I thought then. There is a reaction "lure invaders inside" that may cause the sneaky invader to run into the fort, that may help.

Finding out what creature causes this would help, this tend to happen on dwarven invasions.

As for potery, it follows the masterwork design, so you need the pottery and kiln. I rarely do pottery myself but afaik I imported everything that was needed.  :P

AquaMouser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 09, 2014, 05:20:11 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply Boltgun, and yeah, i know about the lure invaders, tho i tend to die out unless i cheat before it really is troublesome for me. Asfor the type of beasts that it happens with, i've had it happen with white tiger men, grizzly bears, emu's and elves in ambush from what i remember at this late time (for me atleast, am really really sleepy :D)

And for the pottery/kiln,  i embarked in a vulcano area, and it told me it had trees there in the corner part of my embark, sadly i still have to find them, i brought enough stones to quicky erect some walls, but i got nothing to make beds with, so am quickly gonna make a lava kiln and already have a pottery ready, just to get some beds. I mean, i don't want my cute lil lasses to sleep on the floor much longer, if i do, my life will be in danger :P

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 09, 2014, 06:34:26 pm »

And for the pottery/kiln,  i embarked in a vulcano area, and it told me it had trees there in the corner part of my embark, sadly i still have to find them, i brought enough stones to quicky erect some walls, but i got nothing to make beds with, so am quickly gonna make a lava kiln and already have a pottery ready, just to get some beds. I mean, i don't want my cute lil lasses to sleep on the floor much longer, if i do, my life will be in danger :P

Make beds out of gems.  (It's been a little while since I played, so I don't remember the exact prerequisites here, other than gems obviously.  I don't think wood is required at any step, but I apologize if some detail slipped my mind.  If you need fuel for furnace reactions at some point, remember that Succubi can heat up stones to make charcoal.)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

AquaMouser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 10, 2014, 01:21:04 am »

Hehe, i know of the beds made out of gems, sadly i found only 3 squares of gems as of now, and seeing as i still get accidents with miners being burned alive when i try to tap a vulcano, i need those gems to capture souls so i can make them fire immune.

And it's not that i don't know how to safely tap into magma, it's just that everyone calls me murphy, cus everything that can go wrong, does go wrong for me :D Frell even erecting a single wall tile can take up to an hour for me, with using the restricted road trick and replacing the bloody thing everytime the succubus decides that she cannot make the wall cus someone is standing on the site, and that certain someone is always her :P
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43