Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123471 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 03:12:44 am »

A first form of corruption will be back in the next update where you can transform prisoners into half breeds that retain some of their original race's traits plus more due to the madness inducing effect.

so,corruption doesn't work in this update?

In addition, most rituals done in temples modify the succubus performing it based on sins, making her more prone to rage (wrath) or fatter (gluttony), etc. This is not easy to spot but checking the status screen you may notice sudden changes.

by the way,here's an idea:why not make the temples have negative side effects too?i guess you eventually want to include all seven sins.and since you are essentially dealing with demons,they may screw you over.

for example,take wrath:it makes your succubi more effective in combat.but they like killing so much,that they may go berserk.

or gluttony:eating a lot and growing fatter adds a layer of protective fat,but since your succubus is a glutton,she just doen't know where to stop,and so may explode from eating too much

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 03:41:28 am »

A first form of corruption will be back in the next update where you can transform prisoners into half breeds that retain some of their original race's traits plus more due to the madness inducing effect.

so,corruption doesn't work in this update?

In addition, most rituals done in temples modify the succubus performing it based on sins, making her more prone to rage (wrath) or fatter (gluttony), etc. This is not easy to spot but checking the status screen you may notice sudden changes.

by the way,here's an idea:why not make the temples have negative side effects too?i guess you eventually want to include all seven sins.and since you are essentially dealing with demons,they may screw you over.

for example,take wrath:it makes your succubi more effective in combat.but they like killing so much,that they may go berserk.

or gluttony:eating a lot and growing fatter adds a layer of protective fat,but since your succubus is a glutton,she just doen't know where to stop,and so may explode from eating too much

That's the idea, wrath increases bad thoughts personalities, anger and add LIKES_FIGHTING. Gluttony makes the succubus hungry and thirsty so you will lose food, greed have a chance to cause a siege. Sloth makes them lazier and push them to take a break and so on.

For now prisoners can join your civ but will only stay at the meeting areas. The code for corruption is there but I need to reattach the castes.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 06:52:56 pm »

Trying out the Succubi now.

One issue I'm having is that summoned beasts don't show up on the z->animal list. How do you train them if you can't access them in that menu?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:57:34 pm by omniclasm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »

Once you save and reload the game, the animals are in the list correctly. Currently the script cant do it by itself.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 08:34:15 pm »

How do you make things like figurines and hourglasses? Their reactions don't seem to be in the craftsman workshop like usual.

Edit: I guess just running "Make rock Crafts" will get them all randomly. I still liked the specific reactions, though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:38:20 pm by omniclasm »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »

One of the interactions in the Temple of Fire is weird.

It causes whoever uses it to "die" and a new unit is made. Now my military commander is "Missing", but I have a new military commander that is immune to fire, but has a different name.

I have to say, though, so far I'm really liking the race. I've always liked the "create pets" aspect of Gnomes and Warlocks, but they each had their own awkwardness. Warlocks had the multiple races that do different things and that was just a pain all the way through and incompatible with auto labor. Gnome pets require a LOT of resources, are surprisingly weak in battle for their size and material, and gnomes themselves are a fickle tantruming bunch...and they don't have magic.

I also really like the magic systems. Dwarf magic users feel like a really end game goal, and half the time you won't even find the resources on the map to really play with it, and it takes a LONG time to make it work. Warlocks...again have the weird caste thing that makes it borderline unplayable for me. Orc magic seemed to not really work when I tried it, and requires obscure resources. With Succubi, I already have a fire flinging, fire immune military commander. I can also make Fire Imps for even more fire action.

Haven't played enough to know for sure, but I also really like that the population is limited. I don't like just getting immigrant wave after immigrant wave, along with 60% of the population being children. Kills FPS and really doesn't add that much to enjoyment.

Things might be "too easy" to get, but I'm not sure yet and not even sure if that's really a problem. Orcs can stockpile crazy amounts of resources too, along with being great in combat, but I really enjoy Orc forts.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:08:28 pm by omniclasm »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »

Summoned pets probably shouldn't give souls when butchered.

Making Orthis then butchering them is an infinite supply of souls, bones, leather, and meat.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 10:33:36 pm »

Almost feels like Succubi should have reactions without fuel, due to their affinity towards fire.

And because getting fuel without the 3 to 1 ratio reaction in the smelter is difficult.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2014, 12:13:21 am »

Three different forts now, all with the same problem.

Military won't listen to attack orders. I tell them to attack something, and they just stand in one spot like they would if they couldn't reach the target, even if they obviously can. I've saw leprechauns run within 5 tiles of the squad assigned to kill them, and get no response.

Is it because the leader is a noble? Or that succubi can potentially fly? Whatever it is, it's making it really difficult to do anything with my military.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 01:16:43 am »

Thanks for trying it out. The succubi cannot fly by default, you have to give it to them in the temple of sin and that's exclusive to fire immunity. So I don't know what caused them to not answer your kill order, they always behaved fine when it came to combat but perhaps it is linked to error you had when you gave the commander fire immunity.

I'll remove the fuel to the temple of fire reaction, at some point you'll be able to produce free fuel in small quantities too.

Magic and summoning is easier than other races provides, succubi master this after all. Rebalancing the reagents is planned before getting the race out of alpha but that will stay easy for all but the most powerful effect.

When giving fire immunity, the succubi is supposed to tranform for a split second and back. I'll check why she died, that must be a side effect from the 5.03 update.

And yes, limited kids and pets from migrants makes the game much more enjoyable.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2014, 02:17:03 am »

Yeah, I mean despite the few hiccups so far, really enjoying the concept of them. Pretty much everything I'd want in a custom race, almost all of the good parts of others combined into one without the annoying parts. I'm excited to see how it evolves.

Another idea...automating soul trapping, assuming you have the gem. Might be confusing I guess with two interactions for it, but a time sensitive thing is probably best to have automatically assigned.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:26:27 am by omniclasm »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2014, 04:05:51 am »

Fixed my coke problem, in a succubus-y way.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BURN_SOUL]
[NAME:Burn soul for coke]
[BUILDING:FOOCCUBUS_SOUL_WELL:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SOUL][UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:flux stone:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:50:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:ASH:NO_MATGLOSS][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SMOKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Sidenote: Kind of wanting to get into DF modding a bit. I already script games for a living, so it seems like it would be a smooth transition.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:08:21 am by omniclasm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 04:41:53 am »

Warlocks...again have the weird caste thing that makes it borderline unplayable for me.
Could you give me some specifics?

And Boltgun, Flying on civ members is broken as far as I know. Nothing against adding wings, but the flyer tag is a no go. Especially when other people are sieged by them, the flying succubi will just stand on the map edge, and never do anything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 05:10:20 am »

Going through your LUA, I'm pretty sure Call Siege is broken?

elseif reaction.code == 'LUA_HOOK_CALL_SIEGE' then
dfhack.run_script('fooccubus/callsiege', 100)
dfhack.run_script('succubus/influence', unit.id, 'envy')
end

callsiege.lua is under succubus folder...and foocubus folder doesn't exist.

Edit: Yeah, definitely broken.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:18:29 am by omniclasm »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 05:31:10 am »

Also looks like a bug in your excitement script.

-- Happiness, 5 for ecstatic
function happiness(unit)
local happiness = unit.status.happiness

if happiness > 150 then return 5
elseif happiness > 124 then return 4
elseif happiness > 75 then return 3
elseif happiness < 26 then return 2
else return 1 end
end

Less than 26 happiness gives a power level of 2, whereas a happiness level of 26 to 75 gives a power of 1. Think they should be swapped? It's admittedly 3:30am and I'm reading a language that I've never actually worked with, but yeah.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43