Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123406 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #525 on: February 03, 2015, 11:02:21 am »

Well damn......any way to quick fix said issue in the code, or just something that will need to remain on the backburner? Really saddening I have 4 Cerberus left and really cant do jack with them.

Under data/save/<your_save>/raw/object/

Open creature_cavern_masterwork.txt with notepad (or notepad++ if it's unreadable).

At line 6740 you'll find [CREATURE:CERBERUS], under this add [FIXED_TEMP:10070]. That should prevent them from melting.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 25, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »

Got a rather simple question, is there a way to specify that my succubi "milk" tentacle monsters only? Because I really dont need cauchemar milk (or whatever milk I keep getting). I need that oil substitute
Signature coming *soon* TM

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 25, 2015, 05:48:27 pm »

Got a rather simple question, is there a way to specify that my succubi "milk" tentacle monsters only? Because I really dont need cauchemar milk (or whatever milk I keep getting). I need that oil substitute

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any way to limit was animal to milk, besides putting it on repeat or butchering the cauchemars.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #528 on: February 25, 2015, 09:33:52 pm »

Burrows. Put pet and workshop into the same burrow.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 26, 2015, 02:00:54 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any way to limit was animal to milk, besides putting it on repeat or butchering the cauchemars.

Thats actually what I did before reading this:

Burrows. Put pet and workshop into the same burrow.

Yep, that works smoothly as I got a replacement for the slain cauchemars.

Thank you guys :)

Signature coming *soon* TM

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 04, 2015, 02:10:01 pm »

Since 32px sprite sheets might be a thing in the future I gave making a base for the succubi a try. The idea is to get a good base body then work with layers to add clothing and tools, like I did for the 16px sprites. I think I am getting somewhere. This is what a crafter would like.

So what do you think?

Desimus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 04, 2015, 02:33:18 pm »

Very nice, can't wait to see the sprites for the different jobs :) .

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 05, 2015, 03:45:23 am »

Very nice, can't wait to see the sprites for the different jobs :) .

Thank you, I love spriting even if I'm not that good at it (took me 6 hours to get this result), and I'm not entirely satisfied yet with the face and the back leg.

On the other hand I'm really happy at how far I went.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #533 on: March 05, 2015, 10:21:37 am »

I'd make the horns a bit shorter, to allow the succubi to be taller. She looks stocky. Increase the breast size too, after all they should be lust demons confusing peoples minds. ;)

You can use the wings to fill the frame out more, as well as the tail, by adding an upward curve.

It does look much better than any 32x sprite I could do ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:26 pm »

I'd make the horns a bit shorter, to allow the succubi to be taller. She looks stocky. Increase the breast size too, after all they should be lust demons confusing peoples minds. ;)

You can use the wings to fill the frame out more, as well as the tail, by adding an upward curve.

It does look much better than any 32x sprite I could do ;)

I adjusted the horns so they look in the same direction and the legs too, tell me if you prefer them now or the previous version. I did not put the stocking back because I need to get the skin right first.

Spoiler: anatomy (click to show/hide)

I might not fill the frame further with wings and tails for the basic professions, they will hold tools and many other stuff so having space is good. More unique succubi like the lady of pain or the matriach will have more impressive poses with their wings and tails to make them stand out.

So here's three versions, from left to right
- the original one for comparison
- after adjustements
- a test by making the succubi taller, it was made in a hurry so don't mind the hands and such

Which one do you prefer?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:17:53 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 16, 2015, 03:46:51 pm »

I cleaned up the 'tall' version a bit and now need some help figuring this out because in comparison to the previous iteration, her legs became longer.

Could you tell me which one look more natural?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:01:34 pm by Boltgun »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 16, 2015, 05:33:48 pm »

The right one's face looks a bit squashed.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 16, 2015, 05:46:56 pm »

Left looks way more natural.

The one on the right looks very disproportionate to my eye. Torso is way too squished, and the head is squashed looking. Far too much leg in comparison to torso. She looks like she would have a Dwarven body upon human length legs.

On another note, I agree with the prior post's reasoning. I think that the Succubi should be more of an 'old world beauty'. Emphasizing a more plump body and curvature. Ample bosom, full hips, and a rounded belly were loved. In times when food was scarce or hard to get (Something that certainly happens in Forts if not careful), being full figured is a boon. They are from a more medieval society in Dwarf Fortress where growing fat from inactivity is a sign you are rich, powerful, influential, and a wonderful mate. Having a thinner body means you are a common farm worker or peasant class.

I think the term Rubenesque applies well to succubi of the Dwarf Fortress world. Look up paintings by Peter Paul Rubens for an idea of what an 'Old World Beauty' would look like.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #538 on: March 17, 2015, 12:30:16 am »

While Rubenesque would be realistic for a medieval society, I think most people wouldnt take it seriously if you have fat succubi in leather corsages and high heels trying to seduce anyone. This is still a game, and even the source material on Succubi portrays them differently. ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 17, 2015, 03:00:36 am »

Left proportions then, I'll move over the cleanup done and the horns from the right. The face is the same but I guess the body proportion make it look squished.

The problem in general is that with its square proportion df sprites tend to be cartoony and a little squished even for non stout races. Making the succubi thin as they are in many games will make them odd and hard to read in our case. I think we're getting to a good compromise there, looking more like an early century model which fits the theme.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43