Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123427 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #570 on: May 18, 2015, 08:14:41 pm »

There, with your guys's help (even though I'm pretty dumb sometimes and miss the obvious lol)...I do learn at least :P

I combined warlock gameplay with succubus gameplay. :D Along with custom buildings to make hourglasses, totems, blocks and other warlock required stuff.

I chose Succubus as the base race for it, because not any particular reason. I guess I thought it made a bit more sense, and I like dungeon keeper (and they remind me of playing dungeon keeper). It would have probably worked just as well if I chose warlock which I equally like. But actually, maybe starting with Succubus is a bit easier as I'd have to do more if it was the other way around.

It was pretty easy to do, just copy Warlock stuff into Succubus files.

Succubus can now summon undead with necromancer's shrine and altar (it works), are friendly with evil (they are demons after all, but I didn't mod that, just changed alignment to evil in masterwork launcher), a bunch of other warlock stuff (that works) and I'll have to test it...but they SHOULD get all the warlock spells from the library. I did give them the spell entities. Which is how I got the other stuff to work, which is pretty much Succubus using stuff from the warlock files. But, maybe books could be an issue if succubus don't make them...don't see why not as everything else works that I've tested and I did add the scribe entity.

I didn't touch torture chamber, the forges and some of that stuff. I didn't think it would work too well with Succubus and I didn't want to copy everything anyway.

But now, I have a tower+dungeon of demonic undead guys :D

(edit: Well that explains why my Succubus have randomly died. And why undead show up as red on the unit list. Easy fix. I added the evil trait to the demons and their pets (demons are evil after all :P). Now undead are definitely friendly (show up as grey like they do with warlocks). :) )
As for difficulty (my friend asked me if it makes things easier, so I'll just post it here)

I don't know if the changes will make things easier or not. Since I made them friendly with undead, thats easier if you start in an undead area (especially a tower). But even without it. It probably will especially if I confirm libraries work. Since they'll get tons of spells.

I get TONS and TONS more stuff to build and do however, tons more content. Though I've been working out the occasional mistake cause I tend to be like an elephant in a china shop lol. I still have diseases on, invaders can dig and raze. TONS of invaders (as in all). So game will probably still be hard :P But lots more stuff :D And ever since I got back into DF (even before that)...I wanted a demon/undead hybrid...got one :D

(edit again...

Well, some undead corpses animated by necromancers are enemies and some aren't. Like minotaur corpses were, but drow corpses were not. And sometimes my own pets attack, even though they have the same alignment. Guess some work to do still. Or maybe I can leave it like it is, to spice things up.

(last edit for now :P)

I'll just leave the undead as they are. Its kinda nice having some undead still be enemies, and some not. Some towers I appear at everyone is friendly, others only some are...makes it more random and dynamic.

(well, I did get undead to be friendly. I saw the
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MAKE_VAMPIRE] in the warlock creature file.

Added that to the Succubus stuff and undead are friendly now. I had to add it anyway as summoned undead were still enemies lol...which made it funny when I summoned a bunch of zombies and they started attacking :P

Now that is out of the way. Everything works, just got to test libraries now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:03:41 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 19, 2015, 06:15:39 pm »

Well, outside of libraries that I haven't tested (it takes a while to get to that point and I keep having to make new worlds to fix small things. Wish changes were save compatible lol). Finally everything works :)

Undead are all friendly, the pets Succubus can take on embark I set to friendly with undead too. Made custom meat/metal totems (1 meat, 3 metal) as I found the regular totems really really annoying to make. No idea how to build them, as I had skulls and bodyparts in a refuse pile nearby and it still didn't work. Too annoying and not fun to make :P Metal is still hard to get early on anyway outside of what you can take on embark (which isn't much lol). Succubus can build blocks (but they can do that already) and hourglasses too as those are needed for Warlock stuff. Both blocks/hourglasses just are built with wood, though I might add glass as a requirement to hourglasses, I dunno. Just wood is kinda easy and doesn't make much sense. I know warlocks make them out of stone, but heh. It works with wood too I guess if it does out of stone. Glass is too hard to get if there isn't any sand on the map (I quite often embark on sandless maps lol xD Might just need to dig down really deep or something).

They should be able to get all the warlock spells, on top of the demon ones...but until I start my main game (like I said, kept finding stuff to fix that needed a new world gen)...I won't be able to test that. But, they can summon undead with necromancer shrine and the altar works. And they can make blood/ash and stuff needed for that special necromancer forge to make armor and what not out of blood/bone/iron. I added the thrall chamber and some other buildings, too from the warlock content.

I thought of adding the vampire crypt and that werewolf one...but I dunno. That doesn't really work with demons (demon vampires and werewolfs doesn't sound very good lol. That fits more with warlock/undead stuff even though I added a bunch from there).

Outside of some custom stuff though which was the hardest part and took the longest (14-15 hours in total for that, not including play testing). As I kept being dumb and missing small things :P), it was mostly transferring warlock entity entries to the succubus ones after getting the custom stuff done.

But, lots of fun to play :D While I haven't got far into any of the games (3 hours in one)...its fun being demons and summoning both demons and undead, along with all the other stuff they can do now.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 19, 2015, 10:43:50 pm »

Regular totems are just made from skulls, easy peasy. 

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 19, 2015, 10:52:33 pm »

I had a whole bunch of skulls in the refuse pile and it wouldn't accept them. I had a couple dwarf skulls, some minotaur ones...a gnome one...a bunch of the corpse skulls from the living corpses on the map that died and then got butchered. Then I had a ton of animal skulls of various kinds. But, it kept saying there was missing totem able reagents. They weren't rotten either. One map, I somehow got it to work (just once)...I think it was from...I forgot...but I remember there was a whole bunch of variety of animals and some of the animals worked to make totems.

It was a "good" alignment map though so maybe that is it (it was more wilderness or whatever its called that shows up in yellow)...usually I start on haunted/sinister maps with necromancer towers or tombs on them (or the occasional dragon cave if I get lucky and one is generated) as I find them a lot more fun and those have never worked to make totems for me.

In any case, now there is two varieties of totems to make :D Still a tad hard to build anyway with needing metal. And more fun for me

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:18:37 am by Vendayn »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 20, 2015, 03:05:18 am »

Well, dunno  8)  I've probably made thousands of dwarf skull totems over the years.  Glad you got something working, though.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 22, 2015, 09:06:27 am »

This looks good, don't hesitate to upload the succuwarlocks to dffd if you wish to share.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 22, 2015, 12:56:53 pm »

I plan to upload it. Definitely sometime next week at the latest...but got a bit distracted with Witcher 3 to be honest. :P Plus I want to make sure it all works good and maybe (I dunno if I'll do it) organize the text a bit into sections, so its not all jumbled up together. Easier to find things that way at least and looks nicer. It probably be released as it is, if it all keeps working good to be honest though lol. In real life, I tend to be kinda messy and disorganized as it is xD

So far the only issue tends to be with the Succubus pets, but maybe there isn't any at all. They are friendly with undead. Well, most of them. Some of the animals that you can sometimes get randomly on embark, I didn't change. I'm not really sure how many you can sometimes get (like once I was able to embark with some kind of wolf), but I didn't want to change all of the "rare" ones. But that works. That is the only change I made for their pets. But...some of them randomly explode into fire for no reason. Or they'll go berserk. But, that doesn't tend to happen if you take very few or none at all (Succubus embark with pets anyway by default). So maybe that is normal if you take too many than your guys can handle. Probably taking 40+ spiders isn't a good idea lol :P Though I did take a bunch of tentacle monsters and that worked out.

But yeah. I just wasn't exactly sure how modding community is here. Some modding communities don't want any changes to their mod or use their files at all. So, I just wanted to be on the safe side. :)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 22, 2015, 07:10:41 pm »

Hm. Well, the only thing that seems "bugged" is zombies don't show up in therapist. They do for warlocks though.

Except, I'll have to test it to see if I can give them actual orders in-game (which means for some reason therapist doesn't see them when I'm succubs). But...they were picking up equipment and doing regular labor (at least moving items to stockpiles, and I saw one mining). So I dunno why they don't show up in therapist...but maybe I can't give them orders in-game either. I'll have to look later or tomorrow evening.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 24, 2015, 02:07:17 pm »

But yeah. I just wasn't exactly sure how modding community is here. Some modding communities don't want any changes to their mod or use their files at all. So, I just wanted to be on the safe side. :)

The df modding community have quite the open source mentality, this civ is in fact based from another mod from Arkfallen.

As for the bugged zombies, you can only command creatures of your civ, so raised zombies must be transformed into succubi. That's what I do with corruption. Perhaps you can paste the ghoul/zombie castes from the warlocks into the succubus creature file and play with that to make your zombies. On the other hand all zombies will look like succubi, except maybe using the purple zombie tile.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #579 on: May 25, 2015, 12:43:27 am »

The df modding community have quite the open source mentality, this civ is in fact based from another mod from Arkfallen.
All but GM-X ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2015, 01:45:18 am »

Its been a little while as I got distracted with Witcher 3 and Skyrim, then my PC started having a lot of issues.

But, I got zombies to work with Succubus+Therapist. I see I actually can embark with zombies now too, as I noticed in dwarf therapist after I embarked that one of my succubus was actually a zombie and I could give it commands.

I'll probably upload what I've done tomorrow since I got that worked out. The files are gonna be messy though, but I tested most stuff. Don't think I missed anything. But in case, it'll be considered a beta version. Never got to the library part as that is kind of way later into the game, but I imagine it works.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2015, 02:39:08 pm »

OK so, i know I'm not new to Succubi or their mechanics. I decided to play them on the newest version (due to my previous version confusion). It's the 21st of Galena in the year 94. 56 Succubi total, 53 adults, 1 child, and 2 babies (twins born from my Lady of Pain and Master MetalSmith/Master WeaponSmith). After pumping out Masterwork Gold Statues all day, the MetalSmith goes to sleep with his wife, and the rest of the military heads to the barracks from hard training. Everything is quite, Miners are carving out a burial chamber for temporary storage of memorials and coffins until the aboveground fort is completed. Parties are being thrown in the Dining hall to congratulate the birth of the twins. Then out of nowhere beneath them, a Forgotten Beast made of writhing tentacles of ash in the shape of a giant human appears. We could smell its acid from even this far away. The beast felt our presence and climbed the stairs before they could be blocked off. It sees a Commoner and lurches toward it, viled poison dripping from its lips as it kicks her. The kick lands but only bruises her. Then she goes into a blood rage. The rest is mere history...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh btw: Any person that is not Military, a Noble, or a Master-Succubus is custom labeled a Commoner through Therapist. That's her name in the report is simply "The Commoner".

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2015, 02:50:17 pm »

Also here is a pic from Therapist to show how average she actually is in Military stat's:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. She's obviously the highlighted one, Acinde Leruraxemisade. Love the name lol

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2015, 02:52:25 am »

Haha, the succubi in the new version have always a slight chance to enrage, honey badger style. With luck and some dodging she could tear the beast apart.

What surprises me is that she lost a hoof and kept fighting like nothing happened. It is time to make her an encrusted gold crutch.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2015, 10:42:43 am »

lol I went one step further and made a masterwork Gold crutch menacing with silk thread spikes! The Therapist just says, "Equipment: Uncovered - Feet Uncovered!!!. Even though she's still walking around with a crutch...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:56:20 am by Brutaka001 »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43