Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123113 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #600 on: October 31, 2015, 07:02:13 am »

hey what would you guys recommend for trading.

and before you say anything, I have made some adjustments.....

I set dwarves and elves to slavers, along with the warlocks, who I gave a caravan. drow and kobolds are now civilized..... and slag is off.

any suggestions on priority?

((also of note, I have drowspiders, and the world is in year 10. I am also aware that a hydra has at some point been slain thanks to artwork.))

edit- recent higlights.

quadruped of water. 

an interesting trap piece, I wonder how effective it would be....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:12:49 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 31, 2015, 12:19:32 pm »

Any tips on starting in Adventure Mode as a Succubus?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 03, 2015, 12:09:00 pm »

Any tips on starting in Adventure Mode as a Succubus?

I am pretty bad at adv mode so random guesses:
- High dodge is a must, succubi has high agility
- Be careful of exertion and pain, you'll drop faster than a dwarf.
- Kicking is a good skill, hooves hits like hammers.
- Biting will let you 'poison' enemies by licking them. This won't win you the fight alone but it's a good opener.
- You can wrestle with your wings so no free hands are needed.

After starting, look for the frontiers to succubi lands. There is no dark fortress in 0.34 but succubi will build castles with guards you can recruit. If you ask for quests from people there you can work for your faction, the local lord will have more work for you after your first assignment.

Best armor would be a mix of human and succubi stuff. Guards should wear basiliskine (best) or stygian bronze (still good), both are lightweight so you will be protected without losing your agility advantage. Then grab a breastplate and greaves to wear over the corset and leggings. Humans also has access to higher shield tiers, a tower shield is better than a succubi kite shield.

As an alternative you could go on a rampage through hamlets for fun.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 03, 2015, 12:19:48 pm »

hey what would you guys recommend for trading.

and before you say anything, I have made some adjustments.....

I set dwarves and elves to slavers, along with the warlocks, who I gave a caravan. drow and kobolds are now civilized..... and slag is off.

any suggestions on priority?

With dwarves, all the steel you can get. Get steel toys, craft, tools, etc. and melt it all at the furnaces. That'll be the best weapon material you can get your hands on. You can use the excess on steel armor too, and buy tower shields, no matter the material.

With elves, they can provide the occasional beast that you can place in strategic spots for defense. Do not mix them with tentacle monsters or decay brutes if you summon some. Otherwise buy all the plant they bring and cook them for wealth and happiness.

That trap might be good in your entrance but its best location would be in the meeting room for all your succubi to admire. They'll love the bone and warpstone deco.

PS: Your queen is a giantess.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 03, 2015, 01:34:12 pm »

I noticed.

for now the wire is in a cavern trap. but once I get some more trap components I will move it to a public place.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ulrikk

• Bay Watcher
  • Rock salt mechanism?
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 09, 2015, 10:30:38 am »

The Magma Forge seems to be missing from my version of MDF 6.2. Is there any of the new workshops where I can forge arms and armor instead? I'm afraid I cannot find any.

Love the mod apart from that.  :)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #606 on: November 21, 2015, 10:33:49 am »

Have you found magma yet (WITHOUT reveal)? The magma forge is a vanilla workshop and is only visible once you get the message "you have found a great magma sea" or something. Or volcanoes. Volcanoes are great.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 23, 2015, 04:16:17 am »

Had a bit of fun with this, including spawning magma over a glacier and getting half my dungeon afflicted by fever syndrome from a summoned horrible fell spirit. In general, spent way too much time trying to spawn magma and make large structures out heavy slade that made my succubi succumb to exhaustion at the end of their jobs.

I found a thriving leather industry using summoned orthi. The leather becomes rope to summon more orthi with the surplus hardened with tallow, and the skulls are saved to summon frog demons.

Unfortunately my last save got bugged a kept running into an unavoidable crash, including when trying to retire the dungeon.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the reborn thread, sorry

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2015, 05:59:54 am »

Seemingly silly question, but where do you make Shards for the Stygian Pitchfork? I dont see the reaction anywhere. I have yet to make any pitchforks cause I have yet to find the reaction

Anyone able to answer this old question of mine still? I still have no idea where you make shards for Stygian Pitchforks

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2015, 06:10:36 am »

Seemingly silly question, but where do you make Shards for the Stygian Pitchfork? I dont see the reaction anywhere. I have yet to make any pitchforks cause I have yet to find the reaction

Anyone able to answer this old question of mine still? I still have no idea where you make shards for Stygian Pitchforks

You can't, those were removed and the included manual of MDF6.2 is not up to date.  :-[

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2015, 07:21:41 am »

Well bollocks....is there much point to the stygian pitchfork now then with that feature missing?

On another note, My possessed succubi just created a 'Adjustable Fire Turret'. Is that Gnomish malarky? It sounds like Gnomish malarky.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2015, 08:17:58 am »

Well bollocks....is there much point to the stygian pitchfork now then with that feature missing?

On another note, My possessed succubi just created a 'Adjustable Fire Turret'. Is that Gnomish malarky? It sounds like Gnomish malarky.

The stygian fork hits with more force in the hands of a strong succubus, and that turret is a gnome weapon (and thus useless).

Devin9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 12, 2016, 08:23:10 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something, but...how do I make a fireborn succubus?
http://i.imgur.com/lcLXWby.png
My temple has no option for that.
I'm using masterwork v6.2. That should have the feature, right?

EDIT: Nevermind. I datamined a bit, and if I read it right, they're just all fireproof now.
Man, that manual really is out of date.  :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:46:47 am by Devin9 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 13, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »

Yes the manual has not been updated. I did an update on my own but I moved on newer versions of DF afterwards.

All succubi are fireborn now, if you have other issues don't hesitate to ask.

Devin9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2016, 02:48:52 am »

Thanks! I'm having fun so far.
Pyromancy sure is fun...
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43