Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 122434 times)

baga3810

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #630 on: June 22, 2016, 02:18:55 pm »

Quick question, how good are glass weapons and armor

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal see in tables.

Succubus mod is awesome!!
but have some bugs, i try summone horrible fell spirit, take some rose gold bars,bronze cages and slade slabs and i can't do ritual, in reagents they shows missing slade slabs!I was doing a different number and quality but i dasn't work too.A similar situation with a summone frog demon, don't see small live animal.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:59:31 pm by baga3810 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 23, 2016, 03:11:06 am »

Quick question, how good are glass weapons and armor

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal see in tables.

Succubus mod is awesome!!
but have some bugs, i try summone horrible fell spirit, take some rose gold bars,bronze cages and slade slabs and i can't do ritual, in reagents they shows missing slade slabs!I was doing a different number and quality but i dasn't work too.A similar situation with a summone frog demon, don't see small live animal.

The frog demon reaction does not seem to work anymore. The small live animal is a captured vermin but it seems that I need to add a container now.

The HFS one is surprising because I have made it work before but if the game refuses to pick a slade slab, I'll downgrade it into a slade boulder.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2016, 06:03:44 pm »

How many things in the succubus mod can set fire to the entire map?

It seems that when my first envoy from the grand nation of "the nude lavender" hugs showed up they set fire to the map... this cause the loss of 2 wagons and them dumping everything in the middle of the fire of and running for the hills.  At which point the liason did his usual diplomat duty, hung around for a year.... then left abruptly not even sure how she left... teleported through a wall, puff of smoke, anyways... so 2 years went by, I've got a viable map running, I've got 30 troops in constant training outside, I've built traps, walls, roads, I've done more business with tigermen, goblins, orcs then I care to do.  Its going great.... suddenly I'm under seige... expecting dwarves, or elfs, or war elephants.... maybe even jotuns..... finally a seige after 3 years of game play...  Its "the nude lavender hugs".... so I've just slaughtered a 6 man seige.. captured a succubus prisoner.... and thought well I have that den of inequity.... so I built her cage in front of the den.... and ran the process.  she turned into a citizen, let herself out of the cage and then rampaged in terror through the Crystal Tower killing 2 eliminator kids, and assaulted the Lady of Pain during a whiping demonstration.... so they killed my new citizen and entombed her in the military graves.... 

so what did I do wrong?  I've had the same issue with a few of the "summoning" type buildings.  Had a Human pet merchant sell me a war dog that promptly killed 3 kids, mauled a lady and was put down by a dozen soldiers.  The Summoning altar of the succubus forced me to load a back up save after a summoned mob killed 4 out of 7 citizens (better then when a autobutchered mossrova kill caused a berserk to tantrum spiral killing 17 of 20 dwarfs, 2 of which committed suicide by charging into 7/7 water to kill hippos....  The engravings from the living 3 were great... really...)

okay TLDR version:
1.  What are Succubi doing that causes fire on the surface if they get into a close combat fight with whatever?
2.  Really How can I be under seige and listed as in war with the same society that keeps sending me immigrants and my own people also claim to be a member of?
3.  What am I doing wrong with the summoning buildings such as the summoner portal and den of inequity?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 10, 2016, 10:13:15 am »

Pretty much everything in this mod can set fire on the map. I hope you like ashes.

Most notably:
1. Succubi are in fact pretty nuclear reactors. Their blood will leave their body in extreme temperature so when they bleed, fun happens.

2.You are at war with your own civilization? This should not be possible, or you discovered a new feature of the game. I am confused.

3. In that case, the den of iniquity is going to be unreliable, because I did not expect this situation. This probably caused the game to consider some of your succubi as enemies of the fort itself and any beast would attack them. Reloading a previous save was a good idea.

I can use your save however, that will be quite helpful, especially if you have captives from sieges.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 10, 2016, 02:34:09 pm »

I'll have to check my backups and see if I had the prisoner across one of them... I think I pissed my civ off when they fought some animal that caused the fire to kill their wagon... so its Blood!  That helps a ton... I've been searching battle reports trying to figure out what attack they were using to cause fires.... I understood not to put fire imps near forests, after my first attempt at a succubi base... he chased gnolls across half the embark tossing fireballs at them...lol burned the item the gnolls stole.

If I don't have one with the prisoner intact do you still want any of the saves?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 10, 2016, 02:56:48 pm »

well even more interesting... my last save apparently didn't save, my last backup is at the start of the summer... prior to the invasion.... I'll let it role forward until the invasion triggers and see if I can catch a couple of them again and save at that point.  Second note you want the whole save file zipped up right?  and do we have any easy file storage location for me to upload it too?  if not I'll place it in my google drive.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 10, 2016, 05:02:27 pm »

well even more interesting... my last save apparently didn't save, my last backup is at the start of the summer... prior to the invasion.... I'll let it role forward until the invasion triggers and see if I can catch a couple of them again and save at that point.  Second note you want the whole save file zipped up right?  and do we have any easy file storage location for me to upload it too?  if not I'll place it in my google drive.

Yep, the whole sale zipped. You can upload it to dffd.bay12games.com, it has a section for saves. Otherwise dropbox, drive... anything that allows a sharing link.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 10, 2016, 06:15:30 pm »

Well here goes I uploaded the beginning of the siege... the trap she falls into really wasn't for repelling assaults... It was to catch supper... Most of which are just being sacked to the fire pits now as I have over 5000 meat, and otherwise a firehoofed ram(really who came up with that one?  I need to search the RAWs and remove it....) shows up gets caught and burns/melts all my cages....  I noticed the graphics are jacked up on the files somehow, but that's not important (I switched backed to phoebus from spacefox on a new world generation... I rarely play the same map or the same fortress beyond 5 years...  I accomplish my goal and then stare at the boredom).http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12497
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 11, 2016, 01:32:08 am »

Well here goes I uploaded the beginning of the siege... the trap she falls into really wasn't for repelling assaults... It was to catch supper... Most of which are just being sacked to the fire pits now as I have over 5000 meat, and otherwise a firehoofed ram(really who came up with that one?  I need to search the RAWs and remove it....) shows up gets caught and burns/melts all my cages....  I noticed the graphics are jacked up on the files somehow, but that's not important (I switched backed to phoebus from spacefox on a new world generation... I rarely play the same map or the same fortress beyond 5 years...  I accomplish my goal and then stare at the boredom).http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12497

Thank you, I'll see what went funny here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #639 on: October 11, 2016, 06:26:37 am »

Edit: Just noticed that we have two succubi threads...  please use boltguns: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147509.450

I'll lock this one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]