Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123366 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2014, 02:55:29 am »

Too bad, I am still trying to figure out the siege bug. It seems to happen when the invader leader dies or is caged in a few rare occurrences and is not properly set as gone. It does not seem it can be worked around, it happened because you dropped magma and for me because I used cage traps. Perhaps it has something to do with low numbers of enemies.

If sieges can be deactivated through dfhack I'll add a reaction to flip it off and possibly repel the invaders.

I'll give calling another invasion a try (force siege PLAINS, in dfhack's console) to see if it solves it.

Stygian bronze is made at the smelter (and the metallurgist after the next mdf release). It requires bronze and a flux stone.

I'll probably remove the eternal rose, it was imported from warlock, requires 25 souls (the help screen does not properly mention that) and I don't feel it brings much.

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2014, 03:55:21 pm »

my succubus fortress still there, i will wait until the bug is fixed ^.^

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2014, 08:00:36 am »

Yet another "bug" of sorts, one I've had before but never bothered to bring up.

I've had instances where when I go to convert prisoners, only half of them are transformed into summoned souls and the other half remain human/dwarf/elf, etc, but turn friendly and tame.

Upon release, though, all of them are affected by permanent dizziness.

Screenshot
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it may disappear if I were to convert one of the changed succubi again, so I had one of them become a fireborn succubi.  No such luck; the dizziness carried over.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:23 am »

Where the converted humans in this screenshot? They might have their anti cave adaptation going on, in that case it must be removed.
Otherwise this is an issue of the caste list, it was fixed for dwarves and gnomes but the human release probably added new castes that must be included.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2014, 04:20:11 pm »

Where the converted humans in this screenshot? They might have their anti cave adaptation going on, in that case it must be removed.
Otherwise this is an issue of the caste list, it was fixed for dwarves and gnomes but the human release probably added new castes that must be included.

I have a few humans captured in this new fort I have going, as well as a couple elves.  I'll experiment and report back.

Edit:  Sure enough, when I lined up the guilded humans who'd been stuck underground for a while alongside the elves who'd been stuck even longer, and corrupted them, the elves turned into cambions and the humans stayed the same but were "tamed."  Upon release, the cambions were fine but the humans were permanently dizzy.  On a whim, I drafted them all into the military and stationed them outside.  Extended periods of outside exposure did nothing to mitigate their dizziness.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:21:16 pm by Treason »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2014, 06:21:36 pm »

My guess: The conversion interactions have HUMAN:MALE and HUMAN:FEMALE, but not all the new castes like guilds and adventurers and squires, knights and paladins that I made for them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2014, 06:58:08 pm »

Something I have been meaning to ask since the extra summons were added to the Summoning Circle..

How does one go about gathering "liquid fire" which I see is needed to do various fire related summons?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 02, 2014, 04:21:23 am »

Something I have been meaning to ask since the extra summons were added to the Summoning Circle..

How does one go about gathering "liquid fire" which I see is needed to do various fire related summons?

You capture fire snake and extract the liquid from them at the butcher shop. If capturing them is too hard, I might add a reaction to generate fire vermins.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 02, 2014, 07:07:14 am »

You capture fire snake and extract the liquid from them at the butcher shop. If capturing them is too hard, I might add a reaction to generate fire vermins.

Now, see, this is why I love dwarf fortress in general.  I've been playing and tinkering with this thing for years, but I never have captured and milked a fire snake before.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 06, 2014, 04:51:39 am »

Now, see, this is why I love dwarf fortress in general.  I've been playing and tinkering with this thing for years, but I never have captured and milked a fire snake before.

Cool, tell me if you are successful. I want to know how hard it is to summon the fire beasts.

The human castes has been added to the corruption interaction, so now they will transform as intended. The anti cave adaptation will be cleared later on.
This chance is in the github master and should be integrated for the next release.

Violaceus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 10, 2014, 05:02:32 am »

How do I use souls? I runned the reaction in soul well near refuse stockpile, several bodies turned into souls, but still I couldn't run reactions in fire temple... Do succubi need to store them in something, like warlocks do? I tried creating soulgems but it didn't work...

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 10, 2014, 10:41:19 am »

Most reaction need a specific number of souls (plus a few other components).

When you want to make sure what is preventing you from running a job, try assigning it via the manager's screen (j-m), the cancellation message is often pretty explicit.

If it's really the souls, then try to see if it is the usual things that can conflict with workshop jobs (burrows, 'g'ive orders on stockpiles)
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 10, 2014, 02:13:48 pm »

Since souls can't be stockpiled (apparently that's by design), it's hard to get them used properly.  I tend to manually dump them somewhere near the workshop, then reclaim them and remove the dump zone.  And of course a reaction that uses a soul can't be done in a workshop that has ANY stockpiles giving to it.  At all.  You have to let the workers grab random crap from all over the map, like dwarves in 0.31.x.  The best you can do is try to have all the other, stockpilable things somewhere near the workshop too.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 11, 2014, 08:56:29 pm »

I just had a balrog show up.  Guess she wasn't too happy about her former slaves leaving and came to drag them back.

Too bad for her, she came in the middle of a goblin merchant visit.

She's now the centerpiece of my new zoo.

Edit: ..Okay, weird.  I just had to abandon the fortress because everyone started bleeding to death from some cause I can't determine.  There were no forgotten beasts with deadly blood anywhere, the temperature is mild so no burning rains..and I'd cleaned everyone and everything of any contaminants.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:58:59 pm by Treason »

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 20, 2014, 09:22:57 am »

Can succubi build a magma kiln? I need it for my mass production of clear glass windows, but I can't find it...
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43