Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123104 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #465 on: November 04, 2014, 11:01:14 am »

Hey, so I was playing my first MDF fort using these ladies, (great package by the way, keep up the good work), but I noticed a little something that you can do to thematically flesh them about a bit.

They get the 'slept without a proper room' thought. I know nothing about modding so I don't know if this is possible, especially with the new version and the emotion stuff coming up, but I'd imagine a race of Lust Demons would 'enjoy the excitement and company of a communal sleeping arrangement' instead. Perhaps even give them a small 'lonely' type of negative thought if they have their own room, but make it easily negated by all the thoughts that coming with having a great and well decorated room. (That way, it is still worth it to build good rooms for your important demons, but not so much 2x2 or 2x1 sandwall sleeping quarters for the unwashed masses) 

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 08, 2014, 06:02:13 pm »

Hey Boltgun,

A poster on Reddit seems to have an idea what substance causes the occassional caravan fires (in his case, a Succubus caravan visiting an Orc fortress).
I don't know well enough Succubus mode to be sure what he's talking about, but here is his comment:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2lj9sv/succubus_caravan_spontaneous_combustion
I think they might have been carrying fire or fireball essence (not 100% on the name) which due to a bug I think explodes into fire. I thought it would be a good idea to bring a bunch of the stuff because it was free on embark when I embarked as some succubi. Needless to say that was one of the shortest embarks I have experienced as soon as I unpaused the 100 or so fire essence exploded into fire.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 09, 2014, 12:55:27 pm »

Hey Boltgun,

A poster on Reddit seems to have an idea what substance causes the occassional caravan fires (in his case, a Succubus caravan visiting an Orc fortress).
I don't know well enough Succubus mode to be sure what he's talking about, but here is his comment:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2lj9sv/succubus_caravan_spontaneous_combustion
I think they might have been carrying fire or fireball essence (not 100% on the name) which due to a bug I think explodes into fire. I thought it would be a good idea to bring a bunch of the stuff because it was free on embark when I embarked as some succubi. Needless to say that was one of the shortest embarks I have experienced as soon as I unpaused the 100 or so fire essence exploded into fire.

I'll try embariking with barrels of fire and figure what it is really. Starting from there, that should be easy to fix, finally.

About sleeping in dormitory/toghether, if would be difficult to really change what is a good thought and with isn't, at least I can make it so they do not dislike dormitories.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 10, 2014, 02:43:49 pm »

Okay I found the source of combusting caravans. Some underground creatures (liches, fire maidens) have an attack that injects 'fireball' into their target, and df consider that a proper material to make an extract from. As a result it brought as a venom by caravans. It does not matter if the creature is a pet to the civ or not.

I disabled all these attacks for now, effectively removing fireballs from the embark screen. I'll come back later to see if we can have such attacks without ending with extract barrels.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:38 pm »

Okay I found the source of combusting caravans. Some underground creatures (liches, fire maidens) have an attack that injects 'fireball' into their target, and df consider that a proper material to make an extract from. As a result it brought as a venom by caravans. It does not matter if the creature is a pet to the civ or not.

I disabled all these attacks for now, effectively removing fireballs from the embark screen. I'll come back later to see if we can have such attacks without ending with extract barrels.

And thus, the "pools of fireball" that showed up in my glacial embarks are explained.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 12, 2014, 05:18:52 am »

Yes, but we lose a special attacks on the fire maidens and liches. Since DF2014 fixes the SPECIAL tag not forbidding materials from certain lists, I'll try there to see if the bug will happen again.

Another fix would be to make 'fireballs' lukewarm when liquid and hot when a gas. DF properly det temperatures with you ask it to make a material a gas (ie if you spray an iron gas it will be as iron's boiling temperature).

Edit: While we speak about temperatures, succubi are now immune to fire, but also cold and dragon breath. I did not intend that but if I get selective nothing works.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:23:59 am by Boltgun »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 12, 2014, 10:56:49 am »

Just had another tiny flavor idea for the Succubi: Leather Training Whips.

They would mostly be an export I guess, but could be helpful if somebody wants to get the Den of Inequity set up before they have their metal industry. (Although usually the Succubi caravan is good about bringing a few whips)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 13, 2014, 03:25:37 am »

Oh yes, leather whips make sense and should be in, I kept pushing that away. I'll see if I can quickly add it to the leatherworks.

Can executioners use training weapons? That would be something you want to give to your whipper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #473 on: November 13, 2014, 04:22:18 pm »

Oh yes, leather whips make sense and should be in, I kept pushing that away. I'll see if I can quickly add it to the leatherworks.

Can executioners use training weapons? That would be something you want to give to your whipper.
Yes they can.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 16, 2014, 06:49:30 am »

I commited the update to my github master : https://github.com/Devduweb/MDF-Dev-Version

Main changes are making the succubi temperature immunes, fixing the burning caravans and shifting their theme towards the HFS.
Also, succubi teleporting en masse over moats.

The changes :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That should be the last update for 0.34, besides odd bugfixes. Now I'll look towards vanilla and 0.40.16.

Edit : Added leather whips. Could not add it to the leatherworks so it will use the tanning skill to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:11:45 pm by Boltgun »

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 18, 2014, 04:24:01 pm »

Alright first round with Succubus today... Named my leader Succubus not very creative... to be honest the niveau of her name is kinda on the depth with the earthcore if that makes any sense... "Suck-Ur-Bus". She is doing pretty well managing the fortress, have setup quickly a gem industry (got tons of gems) and use 3 hunters with bone recurve bows and bone bolts to hunt down animals... which get butchered and used for souls. Directly upgraded my military succubi to Stygian Bronze gear, 2 lashers, 1 stygian bronze styx (stygian) pitchfork with decay shards (I think they are called blight). Havent seen an invasion yet and cant wait to test them. Summoned more of those tentacle monsters to get their "juice"... I know what you mean by juice, I have seen (unvolunteerly) a good ammount of that franchise.

So far so good. Its pretty fun summoning minions which support your succubi. And it really helps when being able to light the surface on fire and my people being immune.
Need to setup a trap cause all those artificats I am digging up with the archelogist have raised my wealth far too high and I expect a dwarven invasion force any moment.
Like to think that if its a sufficiently strong one that those dwarfs are send by my other dwarf fortress for RP reasons huehuehue. Though some more endgame content would be nice to have.

But yeah, very impressive race, first one I dived deeper into (besides dwarfs) and I must say I enjoy them alot (tried warlocks, but I just cant seem to be able to start with them propper), keep it up :)

Might actually do my ice embark challenge with Succubi instead with dwarfs hehe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:10:23 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 19, 2014, 05:00:56 am »

Glad that you like it. Dwarves should pay a visit soon. If you leave the tentacle monsters around your fort entrance, the slime will stun shoe-less intruders. Over time they will start using masterwork steel equipment, as I recently discovered.

Tell me how the ice challenge will go, fire immune succubi are currently immune to cold too and I am curious how quickly a glacier can thaw.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 19, 2014, 04:01:42 pm »

Will do, first fortress fell.

Dwarves attacked, got crushed by my 3 women strong defense force. All of them in full stygian bronze gear, 2 whippers, 1 stygian bronze styx pitchfork with blight shards... All fully enhanced with firespells, immunity and that kiss move. 12 full iron dwarves got crushed, assembled them in the 3x3 wide entrance hall, dwarves got in and got serrated by the fire of my succubi. Didnt expect that much and kinda wish my full adamantine military on my current main dwarf fortress would kick that much ass... they are just tanks... while succubi hit damn hard. Ok good, now I decided to put a drawbridge just in case... elve ambush detected, crap full mithril. Well, lets raise the drawbridge... oh 2 hunters outside, shit... Lets lower it... whoops now those poor succubi are smashed.

Elves got in. Crushed by my 3 military succubi.

About a year later elves show up again... this time... 4 ambush squads, 12 man each. 2 full ranged, 2 melee with deer mount. Well... that was something my military couldnt handle clearly. Well took still about 18 melee fighters out... the ranged squad killed my succubi then sadly... and thats the end of my first fortress.
Its pretty fun though.

Gonna do a human embark this time and the next time I go into the glacier and see if succubi can survive there. They are quick to setup and pretty powerfull, just the early invasions are a thing you need to prepare for from day 1.

Also I ran into some kind of issue when I played... quequed milking creatures... and tentacle monsters didnt produce their "slime" after a while so I couldnt give more succubi the torrid kiss ability. Might has to do with the fact that I used Workflow to setup automilking, will test that in a little.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:05:01 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 22, 2014, 11:22:48 pm »

The question is that how can I mill new plants such as cave barley,white millet? I cannot find any option in my quern. This problem really bothers me. Hope for help.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:31 pm »

The question is that how can I mill new plants such as cave barley,white millet? I cannot find any option in my quern. This problem really bothers me. Hope for help.

New plants may not be added to the list but perhaps they can be milled with the generic 'mill plant' reaction.

Edit : After checking my repo, these plants have no reactions like the classic ones do. Setting up a separate stockpile for those plants, providing a separate quern is your best way to handle this (or mill plant on repeat and forget about it like I do).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:38:44 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43