Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123099 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2015, 03:39:52 am »

Dont you need some space for the profession-items ? Yes, the basic succubus doesnt fill a square, but as soon as anvils, weapons, symbols of jobs etc come into play, you need the extra space...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2015, 04:18:50 am »

I need some space for clothing details too.  :P

But seriously it shouldn't be odd now when pitted against similar sprites like humans or orcs.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2015, 03:48:34 pm »

Getting there, I restored the previous proportions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #543 on: March 18, 2015, 05:34:06 am »

Or you are lazy like me, and use free sprite resources as basis and then go from there. Add a tail, horns and change the skin color. ^^

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 18, 2015, 07:03:41 am »

I prefer to be original but this makes me want to start over. :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #545 on: March 20, 2015, 07:26:02 am »

Sorry ^^

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #546 on: March 25, 2015, 01:40:15 pm »

Hello guy!

I've been playing quite a lot of the succubi in the last couple of days but I've encountered a problem I just can't get past.

Whenever I create a soul gem from the well of souls (Cutting a gem and then trapping a soul in it), I can't seem to stockpile it.

I've turned the stockpile menu upside down but can't seem to find anything that allows soul gems. I did try the obvious one, "Soul gems" but it din't work.

My succubi have been cutting ore into gems and it seems they have been using those gems to store the souls in. Could that be the problem? The gems holding the souls are large gems, but that's all in order, right? And I can't use them "as is " either, it seems it needs to be stored in a stockpile before I can use them, much like other materials in the game.

Any ideas that you guys might have are welcome, cause a succubus fort without its soul gems is an unhappy fort indeed.

I'm playing masterwork version 2.6, the most recent one to my knowledge but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Just found the rework succubus thread. Excited!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:08:13 pm by NukeACitrus »
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 25, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »

Hi, I stumbled upon your stream earlier, that was really fun (poor fat mistress).

Soul gems are large gems and behave the same way as the random large gems only they are made of a special material. Using cut stones does not matter here.

They should be moved in the finished good stockpile. However... I found this: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4430

Look like there is several bugs working together to annoy you. First large gems are not stockpiled (fixed in reborn it seems), then you are probably seeing the burrow bug aka the "I can't tell if I'm allowed to take this" bug because burrows are miscalculated.

Perhaps you can 'dump' the soul gems somewhere, like other people do when quantum stockpiling, by making a garbage dump near temples or summoning circles then clicking on the well of soul's center with the dump designation. Then you can reclaim the gems once they're there, that should unlock the troublesome reactions.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 26, 2015, 04:39:40 am »

Ah, thank you! Yes, she will be missed... She might have had a large exterior but I've be dammed I'm she wasn't the greatest fighter I ever did see in DF, completely surrounded by dorfs and their mounts, rolling/jumping/skipping/dodging around in their mists. Inexhaustible, more agile then an elf (she took on an whole elven ambush and killed 8 of them before taking an arrow to the knee arm and strong as an ox.

I'm going to look into these reports, thanks for the link! I sorted out the burrow one on stream, burrows are not active atm, but it might be the " Metal " one.

On solution is ofc just to start with DF:master 0.4, might do that today and see how it goes. The succubi is an really interesting race to play as, for their rituals and way to "handle" invaders. Speaking of invaders, we've been having some problems with corrupting prisoners too.

We managed to turn 3 dorfs to our side, and had them join our fort. Once released from their cages, they appered in the unit list, with the status "Tame". However, therapist lists them as wild animals, with a training level of "wild" and they never id any work. We tried changing their profession in game, turning on hauling and mining (mining being their racial focus?) and also the labors they already had skills in, but they just stood there. They were sleeping, eating and drinking, but otherwise just hanged out in the meeting zone, much like animals do, with the exception of eating and drinking like normal dorfs. Very peculiar.

Well, it matters little I supose since you're reworking the race anyway, but wanted to give you a heads up. Keep up the good work, loving the race so far! (Blade whips are freaking BOSS!)   

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 26, 2015, 05:22:12 am »

Did they transform or stayed as dwarves? If they transform they should act as proper members of the fort. Perhaps you can try pasturing them around the den of iniquity and trying again.

0.4 Succubi has a few new stuff like free slade and more magma management, but it's still under management. You'll find blade whips and invader handling but summoning is broken and magic is not in yet. So it's a more stable experience all around that's closer to vanilla atm.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 26, 2015, 06:00:00 am »

They did not transform into anything special, just ordinary dorfs that had the "feeling content lately" mood constantly, which I guess is all in order since they are no longer "themselves".

Pasturing did not work either (Or maybe it did, I can't remember. We tried so many different succubi versions I've lost track?), since only therapist seemed to consider the dorfs animals and not the game itself, listing them under units with our succubus. We COULD turn them into nobles though, kinda funny to have a thralled dwarf being the misstres of pain. Will try to corrupt them again in the future.

Might just turn to the dorfs or gnomes then until the succubus get's fixed some more, at least the mayor things like magic and summoning. I read about the summoned beasts turning hostile after loading a save.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 26, 2015, 08:26:57 am »

Yes the dwarf should have transformed, I had trouble with special ones (apostle, guilds...) and I thought I fixed that a couple of relases ago.

The corruption system is quite different in reborn anyway and involve less transformations.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 26, 2015, 09:23:01 pm »

This is odd.  I just created a new world in .05 and got soul gems as a layer stone in my embark.  I don't see anything in the raws that should make that possible...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 27, 2015, 03:16:33 am »

This is odd.  I just created a new world in .05 and got soul gems as a layer stone in my embark.  I don't see anything in the raws that should make that possible...

That's strange, an entire layer? Do you have duplicate errors in your errorlog.txt?

I'll run 0.5 and check this out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #554 on: March 27, 2015, 05:30:50 am »

Just as a note: All occurences of inorganics in the new mod are completely vanilla. I havent touched the stones at all.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43