Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123109 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2016, 09:26:40 am »

Thanks! I'm having fun so far.
Pyromancy sure is fun...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hah, that is indeed how most maps seem to eventually turn out. I find that I've been burning down so much of the map that I have to build a whole ton of fireproof pens for my livestock. Concrete is amazing for these kind of constructions. I often 'pave' a perimeter around my walls to give my archers line of sight, as well as a fire break to prevent fires spreading into my walled off area.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 15, 2016, 03:46:21 am »

It's not a succubus fort if it is not surrounded by ashes.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 15, 2016, 06:23:29 am »

It's not a succubus fort if it is not surrounded by ashes.

Keywords there being 'surrounded by'. Its not as pretty a fort if you replace those two words with 'burned down to'.

Devin9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 15, 2016, 07:39:34 am »

Thanks! I'm having fun so far.
Pyromancy sure is fun...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hah, that is indeed how most maps seem to eventually turn out. I find that I've been burning down so much of the map that I have to build a whole ton of fireproof pens for my livestock. Concrete is amazing for these kind of constructions. I often 'pave' a perimeter around my walls to give my archers line of sight, as well as a fire break to prevent fires spreading into my walled off area.
Those are very good ideas! I should try that.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 14, 2016, 01:58:12 pm »

Do y'all think it would eventually be possible to convert NPCs into halfbreed companions in Adventure mode? It might be a little OP but I think it could be fun. You could convert some people and set up your own lil lair. A... succubase, if you will.

EDIT: I think it would be better to have this in the suggestion thread I guess, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:36:07 pm by squamous »
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 15, 2016, 12:33:24 am »

Do y'all think it would eventually be possible to convert NPCs into halfbreed companions in Adventure mode? It might be a little OP but I think it could be fun. You could convert some people and set up your own lil lair. A... succubase, if you will.

EDIT: I think it would be better to have this in the suggestion thread I guess, sorry.

Yes it's better to let this thread move down.

Also corruption in adv mode will be a thing, along with a corruption rebalance in fort mode.

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 15, 2016, 07:43:35 pm »

Yes it's better to let this thread move down.

Also corruption in adv mode will be a thing, along with a corruption rebalance in fort mode.
yeah corruption really is hard to do in fort mode as it is right now, all the succubi just bum rush for all the soap bars and leave nothing left for the corruption reaction

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #622 on: June 18, 2016, 06:06:14 am »

Playing succubi for the first time. How does the magma well work?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 18, 2016, 09:16:41 am »

Build the magma well, channel some holes nearby, run the 'fill nearby holes' reaction.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 18, 2016, 01:11:22 pm »

It generates a square of 7/7 magma on the z level below it with a radius of the indicated size, however the square is 45 degrees offset so its got a point going in each cardinal direction instead of flat to each.

I typically dig a 20x20 room on a z level with sand, and then a same size room on the z level below. Put the magma well right in the center of the top room and have the medium reaction run on repeat. The lava flows out so it can often take quite a few runs before the whole room is at 7/7.

Then, I just start channeling from the upper room whenever I need a new magma workshop.

The magma is a little strange when generated, it only starts flowing if interacted with, so if you create it in mid air it might hover there for months until a bird bumps it. Also, the square does NOT respect walls, it will generate on top of a wall or right across into the next room, so make sure that the targeted room below the magma well is larger than required.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #625 on: June 19, 2016, 04:04:53 am »

How do you satisfy the lust need for adventurers?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #626 on: June 19, 2016, 05:51:11 am »

Someone asked on Reddit about frog demon summoning, so I looked at the raws.

[REAGENT:a:1:VERMIN:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:b:1:TOTEM:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]

There are too many NONEs, there should be one less each. And I'm not sure, but shouldnt there be another reagent, the animal trap, which contains reagent a, the vermin? I never used live vermin in reactions, so I could be wrong.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 19, 2016, 01:02:23 pm »

How do you satisfy the lust need for adventurers?
You don't.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 19, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »

Someone asked on Reddit about frog demon summoning, so I looked at the raws.

[REAGENT:a:1:VERMIN:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:b:1:TOTEM:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]

There are too many NONEs, there should be one less each. And I'm not sure, but shouldnt there be another reagent, the animal trap, which contains reagent a, the vermin? I never used live vermin in reactions, so I could be wrong.

I'll try it again and see what happens, you might be right.

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 22, 2016, 01:15:35 pm »

Quick question, how good are glass weapons and armor
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43