Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Dues to the dead.  (Read 11355 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Ladies and Gentlemen....
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 09:38:08 pm »

Feel free to PM if you are being particularly sneaky!

((Had let everyone know for the sake of fairness))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 09:51:03 pm »

((Derm got a Fire Flower? Neat. I wonder what my bangle does.))

Put on the bangle. Watch the people around me carefully.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nunzillor

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »

Name: Bear
Species: Two-legged bear with thumbs
Description/history:
     It all began with one researcher's joke idea told to his co-workers around the water cooler.  The head researcher, drunker than he had ever been in his life, overheard this passing remark and decided that this project would be the facility's new main focus. 
     For 20 years the secretive science facility worked day and night to realize this dream, cutting out less important research like medical science and sustainable fusion energy.  Just before they were set to go bankrupt, the facility produced their most expensive prototype ever: a sentient bear with thumbs that stood on two legs.  The rest is history.

Strength: 6
Endurance: 6
Agility: 2
Finesse: 0
Reaction: 4
Knowledge: 0
Luck: 3

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:22:40 pm by Nunzillor »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:55 pm »

I think you got me and rock backwards, isnt he mean to be the dark green circle in front if the pool?

Fiddle with my knob... i mean knobs... on the mace... probably wont do anything but yeah...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:38:21 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 10:32:21 pm »

Yup, will fix later

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 11:08:44 pm »

Take the blowgun and fire it at G(r^16).
Wave the scepter in this guy/girl's direction, all the way across the Nexus. Try to run from the nexus, eastward, if anyone else attacks.

All right, some sort of steampunk magic maybe!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 11:13:14 pm »

Grab some pebbles for my slingshot. Look for cover.

Do we get special abilities based on our species, e.g. can Yumibō take flight with his wings or can Derm spontaneously do atrocious things?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 11:16:40 pm »

((Nope!))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 08:43:52 am »

INTERLUDE
Meanwhile, down in R&D...Um, excuse me, Mr. James? Can I have a moment of your time? What What What What WHAT? Oh look, if it isn't Mr. B's faffy little toad. You here to give me another citation? That the fellas in lobby can't stand the smell again? Can't you SEE THAT I AM WORKING WITH CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY HERE? Yes! But, uh, how do I put this...um you th-the mountai- The shortwave multivariate multiversal dimensional point access generator will elevate us to UNTHINKABLE LEVELS! I mean, just a few moments ago I was finally able to manifest a way of heating up materials using concentrated waves! Tiny-rays! Wha...I-i-isn't that just a microwave..? Quiet!....Flark! Now I only have 4.32 minutes to return to my lab to retrieve the next component of my bio-metal array from the rift! Good Day to you, little-toad man! Bio-metal... THIS IS AN ENTERTAINMENT CONGLOMERATE DAMMIT! Wait! Wait! I'm done yet! Where did he go...Shit....

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 08:55:36 am »

((Gotta love how my character bio writes the plot.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 10:23:37 am »

Rock look at it's sword and wondered if it would even survive a swing. He would found out.
"Don't dodge!" Slash Mafioso
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 06:50:20 pm »

((Bump?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 08:03:07 pm »

Jenkins! Jenkins! Give me a ratings update now! But sir... the show has only been on the air for five minutes.... GO GET IT NOW! Right away sir...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:26:16 am by TamerVirus »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 12:02:10 am »

Now that everyone's got their weapon, who do you think is gonna die first? I don't know, but I've got a feeling that generic looking fella isn't gonna have that many fans.. But I like the mafioso! See that baseball bat? See that steely gaze? That's the look of a killer! That's what winners are made of! Wh-what? Would you cut that out! Now who are you to doubt Mr. Mafioso? He'll show you!

Take the blowgun and fire it at G(r^16).
Wave the scepter in this guy/girl's direction, all the way across the Nexus. Try to run from the nexus, eastward, if anyone else attacks.

[Angel Agility:5+1]
[Grrr Agility: 1-1]
[Angel Finesse 4-1(distance)]
[Grrr Reaction 6+1]
[Grrr Knowledge 1]
[Grr Endurance 4+1]

Angel takes the odd wooden tube to her mouth and points it at the Gnoll all the way across the field! The details on the blowgun seem to glow a light grey as the women exhales. A dull grey ball of energy shoots out and utterly misses the intended target, disappearing into the path behind the Gnoll. Grrr, naturally reacting to someone shooting balls at him, grabs the pipe scepter and waves it angrily! All this manages to do is create a cloud of scalding hot steam cloud all up in his grill, but the beast man simply backs up and hoofs it eastward.... and ends up in what looks like a tundra. Looking around, you notice a couple of igloos, chalets, snowmen, large ice crystals...tacky stuff, really. There seems to be access point to the east and west, as well as the pathway back to the nexus.

And here we have it folks! The first assault! But nobody got hit... Besides the point! Look here folks, it seems like Grrrr has made his way to the "winter wonderland" of arena. But it's summertime. Doesn't mean any of the snow is real, though!

Attempt to brandish fire flower at the wall, willing it to activate once.

Derm picks up the odd looking flower and looks at it. A strange smile appears on the flower's face before it evaporates into dust and puffs into Derm's face. Odd, what was that all ab- Suddenly a massive surge of heat rushes through his system as his physiology itself transforms. Deep red fissures embed themselves into his hands as his blood itself begins to boil. Let's test this out, eh? He aims at a wall

[Knowledge 2+1] A rather wimpy looking fireball shoots out of his hand. huh.

[Knowledge 6+2] There must be more to this than just fireballs. Derm can feel it in his veins. Veins? Yeah, that must be it! He moves to test his new hypothesis and flexes in the direction of the wall! As he does so, a number of blood veins unnaturally burst forth before retracting back into his body. Hmhp, now what would happen if that hits someone?

Looks like someone got a case of boiling blood! I wouldn't want to get hit with that!

Wear the gloves then go to the closest pillar!

Crimson slowly puts on singular glove only to be wracked with pain as a number of red tendrils race down the length of his arm! Out in his palm a fleshy barbed tentacle spews out before retracting, leaving behind a yellow eye. In back of Crimson's mind a low voice resonates. Hmmm, another human. I sincerely hope that you last longer than the other one. In a panic, the lad scrambles his way to the nearest pillar.

Would you look at that! Would you look at that! Crimson seems to have made a new friend! If that's what you call a friend, I wonder what you'll call an enemy. Sheesh, looks like one of the characters from an old DVD i have in my backrooms if you know what I mean... Chip...This is a family show!

Put on the bangle. Watch the people around me carefully.

Jase puts on the black bangle onto his wrist...
[Knowledge 1+1] He feels a slight tingling sensation, but nothing visible seems to happen!
Looking around, you see the hyena man leave the area after creating a steam cloud, a man shooting fire from his hands, another with spawning a disturbing tentacle, and a bunch of folks in the center.

Grab some pebbles for my slingshot. Look for cover.

[Luck 6-1] A slingshot with no ammo? That's helpful. Quickly scanning the area around him, the tengu finds a couple of perfectly shaped and weighted rocks. He begins looking for cover. Seems like the only cover here in the Nexus are those pillars. Can't really see whats beyond the passageways, though.

Rock look at it's sword and wondered if it would even survive a swing. He would found out.
"Don't dodge!" Slash Mafioso
Fiddle with my knob... i mean knobs... on the mace... probably wont do anything but yeah...

Quote from: generic mafioso
Oh god what is that? Run away!

[Rock Agility: 4-2]
[Pariah Agility: 4]
[Mafioso Agility: 4]

Pariah is up on the pillar inspecting the interesting club!
[Pariah Knowledge 1] What type of dark secret is imbued in this club?!? Oh well.
Meanwhile, Rock wields his sleek blade and goes for the mafioso's head...very....very...slowly...steadily.
Pariah seizes the opportunity the drop down behind the mafioso and attempts to turn his head into fine paste!

[Mafioso Knowledge: 2]
[Pariah Strength: 2+1]
[Mafioso Endurance 2]
[Mafioso Agility 5]

The lizardman cracks the club against the mafioso's right arm, easily breaking the bones! Aww fuck! fuck! fuck! FUCK! He quickly dashes out of the center area, past Derm and disappears into the north area.

Ha! So much for the "look of a killer"! I'll remember to never trust your gambling advice, Robby! You laugh now, but he'll show you! And the viewers at home!

STATUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2014, 12:45:42 am »

Fire an amazing long-range headshot at Crimson, then enter the passageway to the south.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:56:34 am by IcyTea31 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10