Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Dues to the dead.  (Read 11399 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled DEATH
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2014, 11:46:22 pm »

Spin the steam staff menacingly, creating a barrier of obscuring steam. Strike out at the lizard through the steam, swinging in such a manner that if I miss it will hit the human. Try to leave lasting burns.
Heheh. shmell 'at? shmells like *slurp* goo' gooking.

((depending on how long this turn lasts, I may need to autopilot next round. If so, Self Preservation over Aggression, but high aggression, try to aim for faces, hide if no-one's left))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:48:37 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2014, 12:22:56 am »

>dlf240.1.mxp

I think I understand what these programs do by their names, but let's see...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2014, 01:02:43 am »

become enraged at lack of attack gnoll if he leaves igloo action.

Attack gnoll.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2014, 06:24:47 pm »

"Alright. It's a deal then."

Extend my hand, indicating that I want to shake hands with him.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2014, 10:51:49 pm »

You smell that? I thought we already used that opening, ya chump! Bear with me here....You smell that? Fine! Yes. I smell that. Smells like someone might die very soon. You sure that isn't just the stench of all that lava shootin outta Derm's body? Same thing. Same thing.

"Alright. It's a deal then."
Extend my hand, indicating that I want to shake
hands with him.

[Knight Knowledge 6]
[Crimson Reaction 4]
[Knight Reaction 4+1]

Crimson eagerly sticks his hand out to armored knight; a sign of acceptance.....OR IS IT!?! Fully intending to feed this displaced warrior to his
fleshy buddy, Crimson actually extend foward his gloved hand, primed and ready. Unfortunately for Crimson, he comes off as genunine as a used car
salesman..which the knight picks up on, despite the fact that used car salesmen presumable do not exist  in this warrior's home plane of existence. Unseemly fleshy tendrils extending out of the glove and wrapping around the upper arm also signal "THIS LOOKS SUSPICIOUS" Nevertheless, this knight fella moves in. As he enters striking distance, Crimson signals the moment to attack! A fierce barbed tentacle shoots out of Crimson's palm and swings towards the knight's neck! However the knight's suspicions gives him just enough poise to perform a cumbersome dodge roll out of range of impending doom.

"Threchery! Thou art poseessed by an influence most foul! A coward who tries to take advantage of my trust! For that ye shall perish by mine blade, the blade of Sir Oxley the forth! May you go into the light, foul demon!"

As this "Sir Oxley" finishes his declaration he takes out his weapon. At first glance, it seems like nothing more than bejewled sword hilt...bladeless.
But then, a yellow luminescent blade of light materializes. Ah. So this is what he ment by "go into the light." The knight takes on a combat stance.

Uh oh, Crimson doesn't seem like in the mood to make friends.. Friends...Enemies... it don't matter. It don't matter.. What matters is not dying. Antagonism won't help matters!

Spin the steam staff menacingly, creating a barrier of obscuring steam. Strike out at the lizard through the steam, swinging in such a manner that if I miss it will hit the human. Try to leave lasting burns.

Heheh. shmell 'at? shmells like *slurp* goo' gooking.
become enraged at lack of attack gnoll if he leaves igloo action.
Attack gnoll.

This means war.

[Grrr Agility 2-1]
[Pariah Agility 4+1]
[Jase Agility 6]
[Grrr Reaction 1+1]
[Jase finesse 2]
[Grrr Endurance 5+1]
[Pariah Agility 3]
[Grr Reaction 6+1]
[Grr Knowledge 1]
[Grr Endurance 6+1]

Not happy with having his face nearly steamed off, Jase rushes up to the gnoll hand extended. Jase flexes his wrist shooting out a slow bolt at Grrr's
face. Despite the close range, Jase's bone bolt lacks its usual vigor, giving the gnoll just a few seconds to stop the projectile with his bare hand. As Grrr takes the time to remove the embedded bone, Pariah closes the distance with a flanking manouver! Grrr's senses the imminent strike and spins out of the way as the lizardman's club meets nothing but air. Finally extracting Jase's projectile, Grrr gestures angrily with his scepter....only to be blasted in the face with steam. All this does is force the gnoll into a mildly irritating coughing fit, though.

And Grrrr gets a face full of steam! Shame that nobody has died yet! You said it, brother!

Go through the gate behind me.

Angel, feeling lonely, turns around and transverses the fog gate behind her. When the thick air disperses she stumbles upon a series of floating
rocks leading to a large platform. In the distance is Crimson and a man in a suit of armor, both in a combat stance. Below all this is a bottomeless void of sorts. Wouldn't want to misstep here.

Oh ho! Maybe this mono e mono will become a renegade de trout I...I don't think you said that correctly...

>dlf240.1.mxp

The console seems to freeze as the Tengu inputs his suggestion. A bug perhaps? A couple seconds later, the console slowly sinks into the floor as the entire composition of the room begins to reshape itself around Yumibo. Various geometric shapes appear to generate out of thin air as the smell of alcohol and sulfur disperse itself around the room. This once empty room seems to have transformed into a stone dining room of some sort. Are dining hall's supposed to have flowing lava? And large statues of Cheese wheels? This one does.

And the variable arena has undergone its first change! More lava, great. Beware the menacing flows of lava!

Get ready to rumble because Derm is TURNIN' UP THE HEAT! Lava The golem, the water, the land between the golem and the water, and the land
between the golem and myself with... LAVA!
Quote from: Rock
[1] DO NOTHING!

[Derm Agility 6-1]
[Rock Agility 3-1]
[Derm Knowledge 1+1]
[Rock Endurance 3+1]

Derm continues to press his assault against the stone golem...who seems to be unusually casual about the whole affair, given how he's slowly melting and threatened by a deranged fire/blood hurling man. Derm attempts to further melt the surrounding area with copious amounts of lava....only shoot out a flimsy little spray. The lava covered Rock....does absolutely nothing except for continuing to melt. The glowing green 3 turns into an orange 2.

That was...anticlimactic... As usual, you were wrong. NOBODY DIED! At least Derm has enough mental control to not violently explode. I could actually see that happening to some of our lesser minded contestants!

STATUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »

And I fell down down down, into a burning pit of lava... just freakin' melt already will you, you afk bastard.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Loading up something dwarvenly
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2014, 11:00:18 pm »

That gnoll is so boned.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2014, 12:12:29 am »

Search the arena for weapons, enemies, suitable cover and other useful things, in that order.

Variable arena theory status: Confirmed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2014, 12:40:18 am »

"Sorry but trusting someone who got sent here to die is not easy... Hmmm? You again!"

Leeroy Jenkins!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2014, 01:42:23 am »

Press my advantage.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2014, 03:38:23 pm »

Rock shake itself "I'm sorry, what were you trying to do?"
Rush Derm and slash
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2014, 03:38:58 pm »

Well shit.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2014, 04:20:45 pm »

Well shit.
"So you crap lava. You organics are strange."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2014, 04:27:47 pm »

"What I'm wondering is how you managed to spawn with such a bullshit advantage. An item I would be fine with, but just *whoops, I'm made of rock right from the start, better get that ridiculous starting advantage*"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2014, 08:35:00 pm »

((Says the guy who started with an item that gives the ability to spew lava, whip out his veins as high frequency blades and generally be on fire to prevent melee attacks. :P))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10