Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I up the damage on weapons to speed up combat?

No, it's a good pace already.
- 3 (20%)
No, I don't want to die faster.
- 3 (20%)
Sure, Ethereal needs to die!
- 5 (33.3%)
Yeah, It's a bit slow.
- 1 (6.7%)
No, you should make the effects have steeper penalties to quicken it; not artificially enhancing the damage.
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: The Bastion from the Plague [Flee!, Waitlist available]  (Read 23110 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
The Bastion from the Plague [Flee!, Waitlist available]
« on: May 28, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »

The Plague
It doesn't kill. It doesn't make people into zombies, not really. It just feeds off the host. It's a parasite, but like no other thing that has swept into existence. At first, it simply feeds off the host's food and water intake. Then, once it is strong enough, it attacks. Attacks everything. no part of the body is safe. Even the skin. It gets pulled tight, seemingly sucked into the host's body. The organs shrink, miniscule but somehow still functional. And then the brain. For some reason, it gets larger. Some say that the parasite makes itself a hollow in there, but no one's ever wanted to get a good look at it. Where ever it resides, it still feeds off the victim. They need the host. Without the life systems, they die. As such, they're mostly easier to kill than regular people. But then there are the hypers. These guys, they're bad news. They embrace the parasite. They love it. They feed it, take care of it. Protect it. They capture men and women and children who don't already have the thing, and give it to them. You don't want to know how they do it. Stay away from them, if you can. If any of the captives are immune, like some folks, then they kill them and feed the body to the prisoners or eat it themselves. These guys, their fanaticism, makes them strong. Don't ask me how, it just does. Tough to kill. Guns still work, but it won't slow 'em down unless they're dead. Swords or axes are best if they get up close. Can't kill you if they have no limbs. Finally, the bugs get in through open cuts and wounds so keeping them tightly bandaged is important. More so than usual. Now, I've told you what I know, but I haven't traveled around much. I only know what I've been told or encountered. There may be more, dangerous creatures out there, and I don't know what this thing does to animals.

The group of five was silent as they stared into the warm fire and contemplated the man's words of advice. It looked bleak, and it would be dangerous. They knew that. But they also knew that they couldn't sit by and let society crumble around them. They needed to create something, something pure, and away from this madness. They needed to make...
A Bastion from the Plague
A place where law would be restored and no one would have to worry about bugs getting into their skin, turning them into living monstrosities. They wouldn't have to worry if the person next to them was a host, carrying the parasite that would end their life as they knew it. This place was the goal, but the journey would be long.

Well, that's done. If you read all that, you may have guessed this is my take on a 'Zombie Survival' game. The end goal will be to create a fortress impervious to all assault and immune to any chance of parasites getting in, thus making a stable place for society to flourish once again. Also surviving. That too.
Spoiler: Information and Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
I will roll to see if you are immune or not. As you will be a player character, the odds will be significantly higher of being immune than the average Joe.

Waitlist:
--
Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crimson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

The Dead:
--
Ethereal (Seppuku for the Pony Gods)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:54:46 pm by Worldmaster27 »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bastion from the Plague [Open]
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:47:14 pm »

Name: Crimson

Profession: Mercenary
Skills: Proficient in Firearms (Semi-automatic Rifles) - Capable of administering first aid - Competent driver of four wheeled vehicles - Constantly aware of his surroundings - Good tactical planner.

Disabilities: Suffered several injuries from combat, notably a right eye that turned blind after it has been injured by grenade shrapnel. All of these injuries has caused a dent on his endurance though he can still at least fulfill his duties though only barely. Lastly, due to his long experience in the war zone, he has become slightly paranoid whenever he feels in danger, feeling that a trap or enemy is lying in wait around the corners of wherever he is at. Such a thing may be dangerous if said 'gunmen' are actually friendlies.

Description: A short brown haired brown eyed person slightly taller than the average man with an average build sporting a few muscles, he is currently wearing an eye-patch over his right eye to cover his injured right eye. He also has several scars in his right arm, his back, and one in his abdomen. Still using his code name 'Crimson', he used to work for a small mercenary group who generally takes orders from the highest bidder, so long as said mission is not considered impossible. However, such missions were often directly in the combat zone, resulting in him receiving some fatal injuries that barely survived. Due to that, he is currently taking a big break far away from the war zone as he tries to recover from all his experiences in battle. However, it seems to be that small break would have to be postponed in a later date with the current situation at hand.

Dialogue Color: Red
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:45:50 am by Crimson »

blazing glory

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:52:13 pm »

Reserved.

Name:Starn Gundar. (Like I go with for every other game.)

Profession:Mechanic.

Skills:Mechanical stuff,persuasion,(it takes some effort to rip someone off.) first aid. (Handling welding torches and stuff like that can be pretty nasty if something goes wrong.) and that's all I can think of,just consider it balancing.

Disabilities:Nicotine addiction,(Cigarettes.) has a heart condition.

Description:Grey hair,faint blue eyes,wears Denim,sports several scars,tall,somewhat thin,he's determined and reliable.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:07:39 pm by blazing glory »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:53:25 pm »

Name: Niru Novarin

Profession:
Hacker/Programmer/Mechanist. He spent much of his childhood fascinated with computers and machines, gaming for the most part until he realized there were languages that let him control them directly, he devoted all his free time to learning them. After he learned most of them, he became interested in making machines. This skill developed just as rapidly as his obsession with computers developed his coding abilities. He didn't realize that the plague struck until a hyper was beating down his door, he set off a homemade explosive he had been working on as he ran out the back door, his house going up in flames and noxious fumes as he left. He bumped into the group during his flight.

Skills(5):
Hacking of most machines and computers.
Programming of most machines and computers.
Building machines and computers with the proper parts.
Fixing machines and computers with the proper parts.
Jury Rigging machines and computers for extra functionality.

Disabilities: Normally mistaken for a girl. Rather weak muscles, abnormally fast metabolism, trust issues.

Description: Niru is an extremely mischievous person normally, he doesn't really care if people mistake him for female and will normally go along with it for months on end before even dropping a hint or two, it's one of his main sources of amusement to be honest. He gets extremely focused under stress due to his long years of gaming. Niru likes to drag people on, he usually drops small and subtle hints on things he is doing or that interest him but rarely says things bluntly or directly unless it is really really important to him or is in emotional shock. He is abnormally intelligent and usually thinks over problems internally but rarely says his ideas directly. Niru has issues with trusting people and normally will go off and do whatever his idea was if he is physically capable of it unless someone goes out of their way to get his opinion or help him. Niru is extremely skinny, abnormally so due to his metabolism, he needs to eat much more food then normal people do to stay at any reasonable weight, due to this, he has a rather weak muscle structure, his body burning though the nutrients required to maintain anything more before it can build up. Niru is rather feminine in both body and facial build, slender and fairly short for his gender at 5'7 he often is mistaken for female, his long, well kept brown hair doesn't help, seeing how it goes down to his waist, his hair appears slightly rust colored under direct light. he normally wears a mostly light purple long sleeved shirt with a bright green wolf paw on the back. Niru also normally wears black skintight sweat pants and a bright green sash around his waist, the end trails down to his knee. Niru also wears a small black leather collar with a metal plate on it, it appears as though the metal had something readable on it at one point but it is currently so scratched up that it isn't readable anymore, this is slightly odd for anybody who notices, seeing as how the collar itself is in rather good condition. Niru rarely responds verbally to questions about the collar but tenses up visibly when it is mentioned. Niru wears long bright green and purple striped socks, they go up to a little below his knees if you actually pull up his pant legs and check. He wears laceless brown running shoes normally. His eyes are bright green, almost jewellike. He has a tattoo of a wolf paw directly above his left butt cheek, however you wouldn't know that cause you never checked. He normally carries around a waterproof brown and green messenger bag with him which holds his laptop, a solar panel that he adapted to a charger so he can charge his laptop in the right lighting conditions, his tool set, and varied parts for a basic machine or some repairs to something more advanced. Nothing fancy enough to jury rig with though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:50:56 pm by Kevak »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »

Name: Ethereal

Profession: Scientist - Ethereal was raised in a lab. Not literally, of course. His dad was the greatest of scientists, inventing a freeze ray, improving the human mind, and such. However, Ethereal realized it wasn't all fun and games when messing with this stuff. Of course, he was a child, and he was bound to mess something up. One night, he ran to his father's laboratory and had consumed an antidote that had no label. He soon became much smarter, luckier, and had resistance against most diseases. His life was fantastic until he began to have breakdowns...that's when he forgot what happened before the plague.

Skills(5): Wise | Medic | Alchemy/Antidote Maker | Survivor | Resistant

Disabilities: Mentally Unstable

Description: Ethereal has icy cold white hair, with red eyes...could it be a side effect of the antidote? Possibly. His body's height has been the same ever since the incident...just a few inches under 6 feet. His enhanced skin allows for a much more resistant body against diseases and any damage done. However, there are times when he becomes unstable. Where his clarity vanishes and his fury begins. His rage happens for a short duration, anything he did during that time will be forgotten after it happened. The philosophy under the mode is still to be determined. The goal of it? Nothing, it's just bundled up rage.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:06:45 pm by Ethereal »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 08:54:13 pm »

Name: Dan Roberts
Profession: Unemployed.
Skills(5): Swords, Dodge, Tailoring/Crafting, Reflexes, First Aid.
Disabilities: Bad Social Skills, Computer Addiction, Red Bull Addiction, Total Nerd.
Description: 5'9". Blonde hair, pimples. Slightly below average in looks. Moderately intelligent.
Bio:  Dan still lived with his parents when the plague struck, spending some of his time in his basement playing online computer games, but most of his time LARPing with fellow nerds.  He became rather skilled with boffer swords, and made his own costumes.  He had to regularly patch up wounds from his violent pastime, and his reflexes were spot-on due to chronic DOTAing.  What a friggin' nerd.

Dialogue: Blue

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:13:24 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 08:54:49 pm »

Name: Warren Chambers
Profession: Lumberjack from Canada's snowy forests. His axe, always a comfort, has now felt both the life sap of tree and man, bark and flesh. His dedication to the felling of trees has been turned to the felling of the diseased.
Skills:Axe. Strength. Sensibility/common sense. Cutting/chopping. Crafting, specifically to do with wood.
Disability: He can let his anger carry him away. Whilst wise in his own down-to-earth way, he isn't smart in a knowledgeable way.
Description: Warren is 6'3" with long, shaggy blond hair. He has piercing blue eyes and his axe is with him almost to the point of it becoming a part of him. His arms are burly, and his chest deep, with powerful shoulders. Used to swinging an axe all day, his hands are calloused and rough, but quite capable at whatever they're set to.

Dialogue colour: Brown
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:14:24 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 08:56:35 pm »

Initially, I'll take the most well-written character sheets and waitlist the rest.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 08:57:05 pm »

Name: Eli Silversmith
Profession: Banker
Skills(5): -Skilled at calculation, Skilled at Tennis, Skilled Persuader, high charisma, Knowledge of anatomy.
Disabilities: Sociopathic, Alcoholic
Description: There is an idea of a Eli Silversmith; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real him: only an entity, something illusory. And though he can hide his cold gaze, and one can shake his hand and feel flesh gripping back and maybe one can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... he is simply not there. He hhas all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Likes to wear snazzy suits
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 09:05:43 pm »

Name: Jane Doe
Profession: Pickpocket
Skills: Street Sense, Stealth, Small Blades, Looting, Persuasion
Disabilities: Paranoia, Fear of Heights
Description: Short, maybe 5 feet tall, with brown hair and blue eyes, Jane looks utterly forgettable. She is constantly moving, her eyes always sliding from one person to the next, as if she wants to keep an eye on everything at once. She seems extremely nervous, like she is afraid of everything.
Color: Bold and Brown
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:22:01 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »

I wish I was better at descriptions.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:08 pm »

Done! I have a fun lil backstory for this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:58:46 pm by Kevak »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 09:55:45 pm »

I like the backstory. And I will admit I sighed when I saw the length of it.
Once Sinvara posts his character, I will update the waitlist and all that with my decisions. Then we can start.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 09:59:29 pm »

That isn't the full backstory though, most of it is omitted actually for character building reasons. ((There were a few hints hidden in there.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 10:02:07 pm »

Why does Niru sound like a fox?

Why is it always a fox!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13