Yes !
- 3 (37.5%)
OK with custom ports
- 4 (50%)
it would need 1 wrapping
- 0 (0%)
it would need 2 wrappings
- 0 (0%)
No, and it would look too wierd with wrapping.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 04:59:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 4.06: The dead are watching ...  (Read 57105 times)

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 4.06: Comparing "empire" size ...
« Reply #465 on: July 05, 2014, 02:31:34 pm »

Ooh. Thought it's commander only. That's more useful.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 05, 2014, 02:33:46 pm »

Especially if you have units with high stats to begin with. Defence 14? That's good. Defence 16? Awesome.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 05, 2014, 02:43:00 pm »

In one of the earlier games I found a troll pit, bought 80, had them trained in AoW, and gave the commander the Gate Stone. They rocked the world.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #468 on: July 05, 2014, 10:28:08 pm »

Hey, um. it's my turn last, and i sent in my 2h file, but seems it was never recived, and sending it agian jsut now claim's wrong turn..

Ragnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 06, 2014, 12:05:29 am »

You never got the new turn, request llamaserver resend you your turn. go to http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12GamesRound406 and click the request turn resend at the bottom.
I am Ulm (Dominions games 406 & 407)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 06, 2014, 04:48:49 am »

Hey, um. it's my turn last, and i sent in my 2h file, but seems it was never recived, and sending it agian jsut now claim's wrong turn..

Oh, so that's why we've all been waiting for you.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 06, 2014, 04:44:01 pm »

Well it was nice to see that Falling Fires are quite effective in combat.

And Wrath of God is really starting to piss me off, I have a good number of mages wounded.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 06, 2014, 04:56:55 pm »

Uh, oh! Winter is coming. And the seas are boiling.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2014, 05:02:40 pm »

"Four troops were wounded and one unit was killed."

That must've been some terrifying lightning - at least two of my troops who have never seen combat developed battle fright. (I'm not sure where the other two wounded are, or the dead unit, since they weren't commanders, and the two I found just happened to be in a stack of units I examined in my capital)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2014, 05:08:52 pm »

I really hope all these random thunders in distant lands killed at least one berytian or fomorian commander. Because i feel like they specifically hit somewhere far away.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2014, 05:21:45 pm »

I really hope all these random thunders in distant lands killed at least one berytian or fomorian commander. Because i feel like they specifically hit somewhere far away.
i think i lost a mage :<

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 06, 2014, 08:54:15 pm »

Hmm, while he did a fine job of zapping burning ones, right up to the end, I'm going to have to be brutally honest: Fomorian King; when the army melts, GET THE HELL OUT. Your 480 gold, 2-turns-to-recruit ass is not worth the 5 or 10 burning ones you killed by going out in a blaze of glory.

Edit: well, looking at the stats, I suppose if he actually killed 10 (honestly not sure - 27 died that battle, though) then he at least killed more gold's worth of troops than he cost, but it's the 2-turn thing that really kills me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:57:10 pm by AlStar »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 07, 2014, 03:02:23 am »

Yeah. It's no good losing two cap turns to kill some units, even if they're really good sacreds. Boss units (yes, I am now changing EVERYTHING) are best leveraged by making their relatively strength even higher, making them untouchable by the commoners! Why, proper scripting and equipment will see these boss units (embrace the lexical change, it is so sweet) killing many, many, many times over their gold/gem costs in units. I don't mean to brag, but Jotunheim's three werewolf skratti killed... how much was it, 3.5k gold in troops. Yes. They had three items on them, a frost brand, a shroud (to give them our W9N9 bless) and a vine shield. Asphodel's black centaurs had very little they could do against them, especially after they cast Liquid Body / Skeletal Body. And they had ethereal from the S1 vaetti hags I had lurking around. But yeah, leverage!
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 07, 2014, 03:32:46 am »

Speaking of liquid body and skeletal body - what do they actually do? Mod inspector shows LB as giving all three weapon resistances, and an extra "liquid body" effect. And SB gives only piercing resistance?

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 07, 2014, 04:00:25 am »

I would guide you to this thread, on the official forum : http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/liquid-body
TL,DR : Liquid body halves the damage the unit takes (after armor), from normal (non magical) weapons. It means it also reduce by half the chance of getting an affliction. But it also reduce by 4 its strength, making it a bit less powerful. It's good on units that will stay in the battle after taking a (reduced) hit or two, and even better on creatures that will regen the HP loos from the hits.
skeletal body it a "weak" version of this : it only affects the Piercing weapons (arrow/bolts/spears), but doesn't reduce the Strength of the unit. It is really good when facing an army with lots of archers, as it simply halves the damage they will do (and reduce furthermore the chance that your units will route from this damage).
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54